Print Thread
Hop To
B
BigNate Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I'm frustrated with the local archery selection. It seems to be an over-priced after thought in the local gun store. Have any of you found a few on-line retailers that have become your go too place to shop?

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

BP-B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
We have a good archery pro shop within 45 miles, I’ll make the trip there before going on-line, as I’d like to see them stay around.

But , that’s not always convenient or an option, so:

E-Bay - If I know what I want - IE - I’ve used it before, and I’m happy with the results. Sometimes it’s the only source in stock, or for sale.

Bowhunter Superstore - I’ve had good luck here with with sales and service.

Eders Archery - I’ve ordered a few times, and had zero issues, but others have posted on Archery Talk about problems. They offer a couple of good discount programs.

Lancaster Archery - generally have anything I need, but it may cost a bit more to get the item.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks, I'll have to have a look.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Full Draw Archery in Huntsville, Alabama.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Lancaster archery in Lancaster , Pa do a google

IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
If you enjoy traditional archery, 3 Rivers Archery is one of the best sites for components. Good customer service.

For a newer compound bow, check out Hunters Friend. Last year, I got a new Bear compound using one of their package deals that included upgraded components (you select which ones you want) and a set up (tied in peep, set draw length, set poundage, set first pin on sight at desired distance). It came with 12 arrows (I technically ordered 6) and broadheads, a release, and a soft case. The total was cheaper than the factory available Bear 'ready to hunt' package (which only includes the bow plus some basic components, none of the other stuff).

For buying/selling used gear, I've had good luck with the classifieds on Archery Talk.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BigNate
I'm frustrated with the local archery selection. It seems to be an over-priced after thought in the local gun store. Have any of you found a few on-line retailers that have become your go too place to shop?

Archery talk Classifieds & E-bay for me. Buying a Used out of season has been my approach. Though the money I save I have invested in a bow press and other tools. Heck I talked myself into picking up two Flag ship Hoyt Carbon riser bows Hoyt CD 34 $560 TMD for each.

So not exactly saving any money in my case though now I am able to tune & or change out strings on my bows and my sons, and shop for strings and accessories where I like.

Need to be careful though, Know your Draw length and do not over bow yourself in terms of draw weight. If you are not happy with your local shops will you happy with them seeing up and tuning your used bow?

I can't say that I was, thus I bought my own equipment bow press and delved into a steep learning curve. YMMV

Last edited by Hunterapp; 07/08/19.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
B
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I have a decent bow. It probably does need to be tuned by somebody who knows what to do. I need to pick up arrows, and some more broadheads.

Samuel Colt.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Camofire.com - check it daily

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
EBay

IC B3

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I'll throw another punch for Ebay.

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've become a big fan of 3Rivers Archery. Fast shipping, and excellent customer service.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Kustom King is another good source for traditional gear. Smaller than 3Rivers, but often have things I'm looking for that 3Rivers doesn't carry. I always check both when getting an order together.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JGray
Kustom King is another good source for traditional gear. Smaller than 3Rivers, but often have things I'm looking for that 3Rivers doesn't carry. I always check both when getting an order together.

Thanks for the reminder about Kustom King.

I'm just getting back into archery hunting and never shot, much less owned a compound.

Online is about all I've ever used in the way of places to shop for gear as most modern archery shops don't have much of a selection for a guy who shoots wooden arrows.

Sometimes I can find a glove or armguard I like in a modern shop, but not a whole lot else.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Local shop first, if they don't have it then AT or ebay.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
719 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 79 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.