Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If I ever buy another ford or dodge I hope someone hits me in the head with a club.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ctsmith
If you're in the market for a new truck, nows the time to pull the trigger. Apparently Chevy is making a strong push to get their new truck on the road. 20% of retail on LT Crew Cab 4x4 in July. Its real. Bought one this week. LT's are flexible and can be spec down to work truck options or up to LTZ options. Not to mention the new truck is the best looking truck I've ever seen.

I've had 'em all over the years in our small company fleet. My '18 Chev LTZ Crew 4x4 is the best riding truck I've ever been in. It runs circles around the Tundra I got rid of at 75k miles, which was far from bulletproof. Just went up to see my folks today in Lubbock. 20.6mpg with cruise set on 73.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Bb, believe it or not the new inboard ski/wakeboard boats have the large touch screen and have totally eliminated all switches. Everything is in the touch screen. Its very intuitive and easy to operate. I have grown to love it. How automobiles are behind boats in technology is amazing to me. I wish Chevy would get it. They're definitely behind the competition as far as this is concerned.

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider
If you're in the market for a new truck, nows the time to pull the trigger. Apparently Chevy is making a strong push to get their new truck on the road. 20% of retail on LT Crew Cab 4x4 in July. Its real. Bought one this week. LT's are flexible and can be spec down to work truck options or up to LTZ options. Not to mention the new truck is the best looking truck I've ever seen.

I've had 'em all over the years in our small company fleet. My '18 Chev LTZ Crew 4x4 is the best riding truck I've ever been in. It runs circles around the Tundra I got rid of at 75k miles, which was far from bulletproof. Just went up to see my folks today in Lubbock. 20.6mpg with cruise set on 73.

Johnny, we play musical chairs with our fleet. My partner will most likely drive this '19, I'm just not a fan of the 2" lift on the trail boss and the more aggressive BFG's. Looks good and performs better off road but ride suffers. Sitting in my driveway right this very minute is your truck. '18 LTZ Crew 4x4 with soccer mom tires, Michelin LTX. Rides like a Cadillac, seriously. I'm getting soft.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Mine has the exact same tires and I love 'em. I've got 29k on this one, and at least half of that is oil lease roads or mule deer hunting! Seriously, we religiously follow routine maintenance plans, period. We've had great luck with our Ford F150's and Z71's in particular, better than average luck with the 6 Tundras we've had over the years, and if we could have kept the body from falling apart on the 3 Dodge PU's we may still buy one, but i doubt it. We've probably bought a total of 80 trucks over the last 20 years, and to date 3 of the F150's have gotten over 300k because my 84 yr old dad drives the ever lovin' crap out of them....a die hard Ford man. We've had 6-7 Z71's hit the 250k mark easily. The last Tundra I had, a 2014 Crew 4x4 had a cold start valve problem at 40k, and two entertainment/electronic/nav systems go out before I got rid of it at 75k. Keep in mind there are lots of oilfield miles here, not all pavement. This Chevy is superb, but our Ford's have been too. The Chevy's ride much better though IMO, and the eco boost gets the same mileage as these newer 5.3L Chevy's.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
If they can afford to knock off 20% of the retail price, they were 20% overpriced in the first place.

Unions.

Pensions.

I can't prove it, but I think Unions and Pensions have got something to do with this Global Warming thing too.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I’m not loyal to any particular manufacturer but the new Chevy trucks are hideous! Ugliest new trucks I’ve ever seen and it’s not even close.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
"Speed kills- - - - - -buy a Chevy and be safe!"
Jerry

The 6.2 10 speed begs to differ.

Sheesh, my 2011 5.3 4x4 Z71 at about 2000 rpms is doing about 80 mph on the hwy and gets great mileage.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If they can afford to knock off 20% of the retail price, they were 20% overpriced in the first place.

You sound like my Dad. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I'm not against buying another Dodge or Chevy, but they'll be pre 1973-74 if I do.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Unions.

Pensions.

I can't prove it, but I think Unions and Pensions have got something to do with this Global Warming thing too.

Gotta retire to Mars where the air is clean and everyone votes UAW....anyone notice how awesome Detroit is?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Everybody that drives a Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Toyota, Nissan is a moron.

Being a Moron isn't the worst thing a guy could be. I have a Dodge and love it. I just get tired of driving it with a paper bag over my head though...

I’m a Ford guy.....

[Linked Image]

But I’d gladly put the bag on my head if I could drive your GTO.
And to drive a “Judge” I’d go nekkid !!!

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Still nervous about my 19 Ram. I kind of miss my 2016 chevy. I only put about 32k on it in the 3 years I had it but I don't think i had a single problem with it. It was a crew with the 6.5' bed. White z71 with black leather bench. Probably should have kept it for another few years.

It was just the 5.3 with the 6 speed but got good mileage and was powerful enough. Last summer going from Rexburg to Bear Lake loaded with the family and our stuff I averaged 24.6 mpg. Over half of that route is state highways that i was only going about 72 mph on. Kick it up over 80 and milage dropped to about 18 with the bfg 8 ply ko2s i had on it. My new ram is averaging about 16 so far but it's still new. It's an 8 speed with the 5.7 hemi.

I wish chevy would get a few 6'2" plus 300 pound guys working on their interiors. Softer seats without bolsters that hit you in the middle of each cheek would be nice. And why not make the floor in front of the drivers seat flat. Who thought a seat belt bracket digging into your thigh when the center seat back is folded down was a good idea?

I had dinner with a marketing director from GM a few years back and I told him to tell the lady that does their interiors to quit making tight little cockpits in all the cars. He said how did you know it was a woman? I said I just figured it had to be and I guessed she was about 5'4" tall. He said actually she's about 5'2" tall.

I told him to bring back bench front seat options in buicks and impalas and he just laughed and said no one really buys cars anymore anyways, it's all SUVs and crossovers. I said that's because no one can fit in the new cars.

I told him to make a new ball room edition car that doesn't have a 2 foot wide center console in the middle. He said I like that, roomy like a hotel ballroom. I said no, roomy like so you can drive with your legs spread apart so your balls have room.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just buy a Ford pickup, and all will well with the soul.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
GM HAS to give serious rebates/discounts in order to get those pos out of the dealers' lots.. They can be free and I'd still pass........... JMHO...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bugs4
I haven't forgotten the 15 billion the US taxpayers were on the hook for over the GM bailout.

Interesting that after that, they still build Chevy pickups in Mexico. Toyota, which didn't get a bailout, builds their trucks in the U.S. and it's a better truck.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by doubletap
I haven't forgotten the 15 billion the US taxpayers were on the hook for over the GM bailout.

Interesting that after that, they still build Chevy pickups in Mexico. Toyota, which didn't get a bailout, builds their trucks in the U.S. and it's a better truck.

I have been driving Ford trucks since 1972, and have never really been tempted to buy anything else. If I ever do switch brands, it will be a Toyota. I don't care for Chevy's anymore, and I have owned one Dodge in my life, and that's enough for anybody.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My SIL just bought a new Silverado, drives like a car just beautfilly and will last 1/3 of what a Toyota will. Her husband who should know better has a Silverado with 150k on it and it is into the 2nd transmission.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

What he said. Chevy took the bailout and stabbed the taxpayers in the back....Fugg 'em.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

What he said. Chevy took the bailout and stabbed the taxpayers in the back....Fugg 'em.

They still owe the US taxpayer 11 billion dollars, Even though thanks to the Halfrican's efforts it was allowed to go away . Funny how he freed up Iran's assets and returned them in a very suspicious way but did nothing about how he handled the entire GM takeover and made sure the taxpayer didn't get their money back. Toyota by the way builds the engine for the Tundra in Alabama and the truck is built in San Antonio Texas not phugging Mexico.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.