24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
anyone leave this off ,and not have problems with anything getting broke? ,mine is rusting up in back around bolt holes and crumbling away ,plus it pain in butt to take off and put on when i do a oil change ,at 56 ,finding it harder to take it off and put on ,

NRA Life Member
GB2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by rem shooter
anyone leave this off ,and not have problems with anything getting broke? ,mine is rusting up in back around bolt holes and crumbling away ,plus it pain in butt to take off and put on when i do a oil change ,at 56 ,finding it harder to take it off and put on ,

I keep the front one off,but removed the rear one.I should scrap the front one too. I get tired of the metric bolts stripping out when trying to start them in those blind holes. The only thing I would worry about is the base of that plastic radiator and stones on gravel roads.

Last edited by saddlesore; 07/05/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep the skid plates but relocate the filter somewhere where it is convenient.

I helped a buddy put in one of these remote filter adapters LINK and it was EASY.

The link above leads to some pretty pricey adapters, but they are others which much cheaper (e.g. 43-73 bucks) Amazon LINK

After mounting one of these remote filter adapters, you can change your oil by just reaching down a bit in the engine compartment without getting down on the ground, and you could even wear a suit! grin

John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I trashed the one on our 2012 Tundra several years ago. Finally had to take it off. Both my wife and I have used the truck extensively in some pretty rough country since then, and we have had no problems due of its absence.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jpb
Keep the skid plates but relocate the filter somewhere where it is convenient.

I helped a buddy put in one of these remote filter adapters LINK and it was EASY.

The link above leads to some pretty pricey adapters, but they are others which much cheaper (e.g. 43-73 bucks) Amazon LINK

After mounting one of these remote filter adapters, you can change your oil by just reaching down a bit in the engine compartment without getting down on the ground, and you could even wear a suit! grin

John
How do you keep your suit clean while lying under the pickup taking out the oil drain plug?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
How do you keep your suit clean while lying under the pickup taking out the oil drain plug?

Ah, on my friend's truck the drain plug was easy to reach without getting under the truck -- it was changing the filter that was awkward, and guess I focused on that. laugh

Apparently, I shouldn't post until I've had my second Espresso to get my brain working!

John

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
248 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 27 invisible), 1,935 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,800
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.