-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that stainless Remington in that blue and grey laminated stock will look awesome. May want to check Natchez shooters supply they had some Weaver closeout scopes that would work great
Fubar approves... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

I'd get a CZ 527 keep the set trigger, then change the stock if you want

Ditto^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork
If you want a pretty baby blue pimp rifle to do your road hunting, just go for it. We wont laugh.

Will we?????

laugh laugh laugh

I will. grin

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I'm going to buy a new squirrel/coyote shooter next week.

I have a ton of .223 ammo, so that will be the caliber of choice.

I'm looking at a Remington 700 sps stainless, heavy fluted barrel, with a Stocky's laminated thumbhole stock and and an affordable scope with perhaps mildots and maybe aTimney trigger.
It's squirrels and coyotes...not Stone Sheep and Brown Bears, so if I miss I'm not getting foreclosed on....🤣
Can I tap into the 24 HRCF brain trust?
Is the stock too gawdy?...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Call James and order a trued receiver from him,along with his 'nut and lug...with a 1-7" spout. Then get Redhawk on the horn and go Terrain/M5 DBM and cut to the [bleep] chase.

hint.................

Sal, if you were to do a Northland Shooters Supply build, I've got the tools and gauges and would be happy to screw it together for you.

Can't see you being a dbm guy, but the build Stick is describing would be incredibly fun for you and great for a CA compliant truck gun.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the stock is cool, but it's not to some folks' tastes. The Remington wouldn't be my choice. My vote is for the Tikka. Ya can't go wrong with a Leupold scope.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If you want a pretty baby blue pimp rifle to do your road hunting, just go for it. We wont laugh.

Will we?????

laugh laugh laugh

I have thousands of acres of private land to hunt coyotes and squirrels on.
Calling me a road hunter just makes you look stupid.

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Unless Remington has changed they are 12 twist in .223. I had one. I still have the barrel. it shot pretty good. I put a Shilen 12 tw and chambered it for 220 Beggs Russian. It's about the same thing but shoots great with 52 &55 gr bullets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Will we?????

laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image]

Sorry you are having a bad day and didn't recognize my post as a joke, even though I posted not one but three "laughing" moji's. Hope things perk up for you tomorrow.

FWIW, I have shot thosands of prairie dogs out my truck window or off my hood or tailgate.

Last edited by jnyork; 07/05/19.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Winchester ultralight with a trigger job and a silencer.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Will we?????

laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image]

Sorry you are having a bad day and didn't recognize my post as a joke, even though I posted not one but three "laughing" moji's. Hope things perk up for you tomorrow.

FWIW, I have shot thosands of prairie dogs out my truck window or off my hood or tailgate.

I apologize...sarcasm don't play well on the internet.
I often get called thin skinned...but gaddamn...we are attacked constantly as Californians....regardless if we are just like you.

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Perfect California rifle.... I couldn't resist smile

I expected that 100%...🤣

I kinda figured you did

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[[quote]I apologize...sarcasm don't play well on the internet.
I often get called thin skinned...but gaddamn...we are attacked constantly as Californians....regardless if we are just like you.[quote]

Hey, lets not worry about it, we gotta stick togather. My wife was born and raised in Susanville, and lived in Bieber for a few years after marrying her first husband. We returned to Susanville after I retired from the AF, we lived there for three years while I attended gunsmith school at the college there. I was instrumental is getting the BLM to donate land there in Rice Canyon and in building the range there. I shot the first ever metallic silhouette match at Hat Creek range. Our daughter and family still live in Janesville. I was stationed in Sacramento for eight years before that. I am familiar with Northern California and some of the fine folks who live there.

Having said that, living now in the West, I am sick and tired of California snowflakes moving to Idaho, Oregon, Arizona, Wyoming etc and as soon as they get there they go to work changing their new place into the place they just fled from. I dont think I am alone in this opinion.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boise area mid 80's

[Linked Image]

Same place 2016
And this in NO way covers every small town Idaho state wide, or all the farm land that is now 5 acre parcels

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Before you buy that Remington, confirm the twist rate.
If it works for your stockpile of ammo... great!
I love Remingtons but on second thought... a 1/7 twist White Oak Armament in a ar15 set up SPR... oh my!
Is there a specific reason you are not going with an AR ?

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1-9 ortta shoot to 75 grains if you wanna shoot 80 get a 243.. IDK but read faster twists for the military is because of tracers

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

[[quote]I apologize...sarcasm don't play well on the internet.
I often get called thin skinned...but gaddamn...we are attacked constantly as Californians....regardless if we are just like you.[quote]

Hey, lets not worry about it, we gotta stick togather. My wife was born and raised in Susanville, and lived in Bieber for a few years after marrying her first husband. We returned to Susanville after I retired from the AF, we lived there for three years while I attended gunsmith school at the college there. I was instrumental is getting the BLM to donate land there in Rice Canyon and in building the range there. I shot the first ever metallic silhouette match at Hat Creek range. Our daughter and family still live in Janesville. I was stationed in Sacramento for eight years before that. I am familiar with Northern California and some of the fine folks who live there.

Having said that, living now in the West, I am sick and tired of California snowflakes moving to Idaho, Oregon, Arizona, Wyoming etc and as soon as they get there they go to work changing their new place into the place they just fled from. I dont think I am alone in this opinion.

Thank you.
I've been on your side since the day I joined the fire.
That was very well written and thank you for taking the time to write it.
We are on the same team.

Proud NRA Life Member
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Forego "new"..

PM Shrap, get a sako riihimaki 222 heavy barrel. He'll probably have a line on one.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Go to a cheap walmart remington or weatherby vanguard. Run it up to pac-nor have them true action and appy barrel of your choice/design. Twist it to shoot the heaviest barnes bullet you want to shoot. Drop it in whatever stock you like and go kill [bleep]. Being as you are in nor cal it cant be more than a days drive to Brookings and there are worst things then a day at the coast.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dont forget to post pix of your new rifle. grin

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
S hitcan that POS stock!!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 07/06/19.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

131 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 23 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.