Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 73 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 72 73
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Trystain,

A 22-250 on a 30-'06 action,ain't to be "swooned"...ESPECIALLY when you can't afford same. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've never been to Alaska,though apparently you have?

Bless your heart for LYING,you Clueless Drooling Fhuqk.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m not an organ donor. I don’t believe in an afterlife, but I’d rather cover my bases in case there is and I need everything. You just never know.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I’m not an organ donor. I don’t believe in an afterlife, but I’d rather cover my bases in case there is and I need everything. You just never know.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What barrel length did you go with? What powder for the 75's and 88's?

I want a 22 Creed in a Montana....

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Shooter71
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Knocking the face off those barrels making gizmo’s is awesome.
I love the easy of datum and coal when setting up dies with them.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

22 Creed on a Cooper.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I might as well post pics for the guys worried about how other people spend their money.
Vudoo here, going in a Masterclass stock. Obviously not finished.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This was today. Curtis Axiom, Brux Rem Varmint beautifully fluted by Greg, A5, Curtis DBM, Bastard, TT Diamond, 7-08.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog

Prolly wasn't 26",nor VarGay.(grin)

Ask Fredrica...because she follows closer than anyone,mainly because she hasn't the loot to "build" anything but a Happy Meal.

Bless her heart for Crying.

LAUGHING!

Hint........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My weapon of choice for rails...

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by fredIII
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I've got some $75,000,000 power generation coming online next hitch. Too bad a 14yr old Retard's welds ain't the focus,for her Drooling Daddy.

LAUGHING.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog

Prolly wasn't 26",nor VarGay.(grin)

Ask Fredrica...because she follows closer than anyone,mainly because she hasn't the loot to "build" anything but a Happy Meal.

Bless her heart for Crying.

LAUGHING!

I’d ignore you but I’m the one guy you wish would. 😂.
I’ll take good dad and filling tags over fat and happy about junk.
Remember when pacnor was the beginning and end.
If 71 was smart he’d run as fast and far as possible from the rich Alaskan. 😉

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
One thing is SURE about Fredrica,

She can't produce a picture that's her's.

Bless her crossed-eyes and fhuqking fat "wife".

LAUGHING!

Hint...................

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Big Stick
One thing is SURE about Fredrica,

She can't produce a picture that's her's.

Bless her crossed-eyes and fhuqking fat "wife".

LAUGHING!

Hint...................

71 Like I said run.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ya' know, I quit posting here a while ago when it became obvious that "popularity", "post count", and "clique" ranked over actual experience and education.

The attacks on the weld on this thread made me feel like Silvio Dante on The Sopranos": [Linked Image]

Lemme ask y'all Michelangelo's of welding:

You're building a business and have a customer with a HUGE internet forum following of lovers and haters, who sends you a rail, barrel and action and asks you to weld the rail to the action. He doesn't want to pay for preheat/post weld heat treat, nor, made abundantly clear through countless posts, does he value aesthetics over function.

You do your research and find out the rail is 4142, pre-hardened to 28-32 HRC AND Manganese Phosphate finished. The data sheets say this material is weldable only in the annealed or normalized conditions and should not be welded following harden and temper operations...AND pre-heat and post-heat are recommended....

THEN, it gets better! You're to weld that 4142 to a 416SS action. 416 is martensitic and highly susceptible to ductility issues if mingled in the hot-shortness temperature range.

So, all y'all that want a weld that looks like Jesus welded the crack of dawn or a broken heart...tell me, what would you do?

I tell you what I'd do: I'd get some 312, hold the heat down, butter the weld just enough to stick, then check the hardness on the action and if OK send it off, no charge to the customer so he could post myriad sub MOA groups and brag on the rifle.

I've been following Shaen on the fora for a while and have seen ZERO complaints and UNANIMOUS praise for his work.

IMO he handled this perfectly, and to be castigated for that is unmitigated bull$h!t.

Nice job, Shaen.

When I get back CONUS I plan to send you some parts...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Ya' know, I quit posting here a while ago when it became obvious that "popularity", "post count", and "clique" ranked over actual experience and education.

The attacks on the weld on this thread made me feel like Silvio Dante on The Sopranos": [Linked Image]

Lemme ask y'all Michelangelo's of welding:

You're building a business and have a customer with a HUGE internet forum following of lovers and haters, who sends you a rail, barrel and action and asks you to weld the rail to the action. He doesn't want to pay for preheat/post weld heat treat, nor, made abundantly clear through countless posts, does he value aesthetics over function.

You do your research and find out the rail is 4142, pre-hardened to 28-32 HRC AND Manganese Phosphate finished. The data sheets say this material is weldable only in the annealed or normalized conditions and should not be welded following harden and temper operations...AND pre-heat and post-heat are recommended....

THEN, it gets better! You're to weld that 4142 to a 416SS action. 416 is martensitic and highly susceptible to ductility issues if mingled in the hot-shortness temperature range.

So, all y'all that want a weld that looks like Jesus welded the crack of dawn or a broken heart...tell me, what would you do?

I tell you what I'd do: I'd get some 312, hold the heat down, butter the weld just enough to stick, then check the hardness on the action and if OK send it off, no charge to the customer so he could post myriad sub MOA groups and brag on the rifle.

I've been following Shaen on the fora for a while and have seen ZERO complaints and UNANIMOUS praise for his work.

IMO he handled this perfectly, and to be castigated for that is unmitigated bull$h!t.

Nice job, Shaen.

When I get back CONUS I plan to send you some parts...

71’s a good man no question! His work and reputation are solid as iron. I have never had him work for me but everyone that has seems very pleased.
To add if that rifle was anyone else’s it would have gotten no criticism, rest assured the owner brought the hate.
Shaen deserves no bad PR for fulfilling a customs request even the stupidest ones.

Page 6 of 73 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 72 73

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (338reddog, 19rabbit52, 338Rules, 5spd, 308xray, 2ndwind, 21 invisible), 1,589 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,717
Posts18,457,112
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.