Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Had some older properties with a lagoon.

Pumps, aerators, stirrers, had been there for 50 years.

Regularly inspected by MO DNR, checked out fine.

Then one day, they tell me the new water regs say ya can't have a lagoon anymore.

Grandfathered? Nope.

OBTW, get it done ASAP or its up to $10k month fine.

Had to find a way to hook up to the city.

$150k later, got the thing done, and disproved the theory that ya can't make shat flow uphill.

Talk to your state's DNR or equivalent, ta make sure there aren't going to be any water reg changes coming up.

That is good advice to ask the local Andy and our health authorities about the situation. Your case unless that's been in the last one very recent it was not DNR that's going to be a local Authority that cause you your headache am I blinded on DNR does that is simply not true to my last classes unless something on it failed you were unaware of
150k I hope they used lubes course you got f...

Last edited by ldholton; 07/07/19.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don't know about a lagoon but out here we have cesspools.

The larger the better.

When we moved here we had a company drill 3 40 ft.holes and hook them in series.

We lived there for 22 years and had to have them pumped once.

Some soaps are not your friend.

After the last time the washing machine was plumed out to the north of the house.
made things better.

The hole sides soak water and the solids sink to the bottom.
When that hole is full the water goes to the next and so on.

I would think that a lagoon would work if the solids are trapped before they drain in.

Be careful about what cleaners you use when cleaning the house.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Slightly off topic, but many years ago one of my dads neighbors installed a septic tank for a person who had just moved to the area. Later that summer the sewage started backing up in his back yard and he asked him to make it good.
He refused for some reason and he had another guy look it over and if I remember correctly he used the wrong kind of pipe and it deteriated quickly. He took it to court and sued him for the price of repair and won.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The neighbors around me all have lagoons. New buildings require it. I'm grandfathered, so I can just run poop pipe out the back and let it flow out onto the hillside. I hope building an addition won't screw that up.

First big problem is smell. The big hillbilly bar over on the next ridge had one on the other side of the parking lot. You could tell what the whole county had been eating when the wind was right.

The other thing is neighbor kids. The cretinous neighbors let their kids play in their lagoons. The kids thought it was a great place to hunt frogs. Yikes.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
DEQ are the last people I'd want snooping around.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You need more information to clarify exactly what is there.

The term "septic lagoon" doesn't make sense and is likely some kind of bastardization of correct terms. Lagoons are not septic.

It is probably either a septic tank that drains into a lagoon/evaporation pond OR a sewage lagoon without a septic tank.

And yes, sewage lagoons without septic tanks can work if legal in your area and built properly. But until you find out what is actually there all this speculation is worthless.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
You can schitt in the yard without going outside.

That's worth something.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A cesspool is nothing more than a puddle with a cover. Your puddle is open air.

Family's been in the business since 1946... never heard of such a thing for a home. (we don't have leaching fields either)
Of course we're thousands of miles away from Idaho.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Plainsman has it right. Bigger the better. Keep it fenced.

Had a lagoon when I lived Missouri..... very little odor.... almost none.....big enough and clean enough that the frogs liked it and kept the bugs in check.

Never had a problem with the lagoon.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaglemaster
DEQ are the last people I'd want snooping around.

I'm sure if you made plenty of calls and tried hard enough you could find some dill weed at some government agency that would object to what you had in your backyard.

The replies in this thread reveal that many don't have a clue that everyone doesn't do everything exactly as they do.

Septic tank/leach field, septic tank/septic pond, holding pond/septic pond, all three systems do exactly the same thing, one just as well as the other they are just different in appearance.

terms pond, lagoon, cesspool all = same thing.

It's just harder to fish in a septic tank and you can't go ice skating in the winter on your leach field.....

IC B3

M
mart Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Someone else spared me any further concern over the matter. The owners accepted an offer from someone so the property is off the market. Funny thing. My wife and I decided last night to pass on the property. Then this morning we got word it was off the market.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A pond full of turd in your yard. Someone did you a favor by buying the place in my opinion.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Hubert
You are joking right?

Just for the warshun machine.

....and kitchen sink. We had the same setup where I grew up.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,078
Posts18,463,841
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.