Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Are there really diamonds in Diamond Coat 4?

Why did you only offer $12/hour for a swingshift CNC lathe operator positions in 2007? How the hell do you suppose someone could possibly live on that in Beaverton?

I have used your scopes for 50 years and never had a problem. I am not a sniper. I love you.

The FireDot is pure awesomeness. I love you.

Bushnell is making scopes that function better than yours. How does this make you feel?

I used up a bunch of cartridge components trying to establish zero and the damned scope's adjustmens seem random at best. How can I now trust this scope to reliably function in the field?

When trade relations were normalized with communist China, did you, or did you not start sourcing parts there?

How has the legalization of medical and now recreational marijuana in Oregon effected your quality control?

Why do your scope tubes dent so easily? Are they made from soda and beer cans?

Why don't you offer the 42mm Alumina flip up cap for older 6x42s?

I only shoot moa rifles at 100 yards and never criticality test my equipment. I love you.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[quote=Dirtfarmer]CEO may be a bean counter for all I know.

That was the beauty of Ruger back when ole Bill was CEO. He told the bean counters what to do. Went with his instincts, not what marketing types were saying. Otherwise doubt we’d have the #1 and such. If he liked a product he built it. We tended to like what he liked. The rest is history.

agreed x2

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Are there really diamonds in Diamond Coat 4?

Why did you only offer $12/hour for a swingshift CNC lathe operator positions in 2007? How the hell do you suppose someone could possibly live on that in Beaverton?

I have used your scopes for 50 years and never had a problem. I am not a sniper. I love you.

The FireDot is pure awesomeness. I love you.

Bushnell is making scopes that function better than yours. How does this make you feel?

I used up a bunch of cartridge components trying to establish zero and the damned scope's adjustmens seem random at best. How can I now trust this scope to reliably function in the field?

When trade relations were normalized with communist China, did you, or did you not start sourcing parts there?

How has the legalization of medical and now recreational marijuana in Oregon effected your quality control?

Why do your scope tubes dent so easily? Are they made from soda and beer cans?

Why don't you offer the 42mm Alumina flip up cap for older 6x42s?

I only shoot moa rifles at 100 yards and never criticality test my equipment. I love you.

Do any of Freds third generation offspring ever show up and actually work?

Last edited by battue; 07/07/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
When you reintroduced your former competitor's Redfield name and strongly promoted they're Made in the USA, it was kinda cool. When you then brought out imported half-assed Redfields it was not really cool. The 2-7 Revolution is pretty dandy, just a little upgrade on the "glass" would make it a winner.

All that said, why such cheesy eye cups on the otherwise excellent Yosemite 6x30 binocular? It's hard to take you seriously when you let chit like this slide. AT LEAST YOU HAVE NOT DISCONTINUED THE MODEL YET. Just a matter of time though isn't it?

What possible scenario is Wide Duplex ideal for in the 6x42? Shooting barn doors? It's hard to take you serious. Do you ever hunt? If you do, is it for barn doors? It's really a stupid reticle choice for the matte 6x42. Sales slow on that model? No chit.

The FireDot is absolutely wonderful execution. If you made a 6x42 with FireDot Duplex, that was deadnuts reliable, I'd love you longtime.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
When you reintroduced your former competitor's Redfield name and strongly promoted they're Made in the USA, it was kinda cool. When you then brought out imported half-assed Redfields it was not really cool. The 2-7 Revolution is pretty dandy, just a little upgrade on the "glass" would make it a winner.

All that said, why such cheesy eye cups on the otherwise excellent Yosemite 6x30 binocular? It's hard to take you seriously when you let chit like this slide. AT LEAST YOU HAVE NOT DISCONTINUED THE MODEL YET. Just a matter of time though isn't it?

What possible scenario is Wide Duplex ideal for in the 6x42? Shooting barn doors? It's hard to take you serious. Do you ever hunt? If you do, is it for barn doors? It's really a stupid reticle choice for the matte 6x42. Sales slow on that model? No chit.

The FireDot is absolutely wonderful execution. If you made a 6x42 with FireDot Duplex, that was deadnuts reliable, I'd love you longtime.

If this is what's gonna happen, we're wasting our time, their time, undermining Doug's influence with them. He's gone out on a limb at ouir request.

Their into their 5th generation of family ownership/influence.

They're a big home grown company, 700 employees, reportedly $160 Mil in annual revenue.

The fact they're sending someone to discuss issues is good news,

We need to cover core topics and stay out of the weeds,

Catch more flies with honey than vinegar, according to my Dad, who preached this to me as a youngster.

Kinda think the old man may have been onto something...

DF

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
CEO may be a bean counter for all I know.

That was the beauty of Ruger back when ole Bill was CEO. He told the bean counters what to do. Went with his instincts, not what marketing types were saying. Otherwise doubt we’d have the #1 and such. If he liked a product he built it. We tended to like what he liked. The rest is history.

DF

The CEO works for the shareholders. I suspect Ruger is making a tad more money since the old man croaked.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Seems they haven’t lost his passion for the product.

DF

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I hope they keep the clean, wide duplex an option. I prefer those on my VX3I scopes.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

The fact they're sending someone to discuss issues is good news,

That remains to be seen.

What actually is the format?

Are they sending sales or engineering?

Most of my funning, has some basis in truth...

As has been said, will they or won't they accept that there are problems? (I damned well don't owe them an apology)

Whatever occurs Tuesday, I'll be looking forward to hearing about it.

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
DF

OK, as one dirt farmer to another, here is my response as requested. I think the problem is not so much a technical or engineering problem. I think the problem. as far as it actually exists is more of a corporate policy issue. I tend to think Leupold engineers can probably design a functional and reliable erector and turret system. So as to the question I said I'd like to see asked about the military contract issue. Te question would likely never be answered. I'd like to see it asked to gauge reaction. However, this whole effort of Doug's hinges in just who Leupold sends to this party. If not somebody (or more than one somebody) with enough clout to seriously effect corporate consideration, this won't go anywhere. My idea is that the corporate outlook and direction is really the 800# Gorilla in the room. We can tiptoe around it and try not to anger it, but it is the force, and it is there. Liking to see the question is one thing, asking it is another. It would be nice to somehow be able to gain some insight into just what corporate policy is.

I see, and agree with, the point in keeping the discussion on the oft mentioned issues, but we can talk about technical and engineering issues. We can get agreement on erector systems, we can agree on turret movement issues, we can agree on zero retention, lack of reliability in the turret twisting and anything else. It won't matter a bit if we cant get buy in from corporate level.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickBin
Woops. Didn’t mean to lock anything down. Just made it a global announcement. Let me see if I can fix and merge.

I’d written a lengthy and thoughtful response summarizing my comments regarding Leupold from the last several years. I was then unable to post it, since you’d locked down this thread as an “announcement “. While mulling over starting a separate thread, it disappeared into the ether.

I’m glad to hear that your locking down the thread was unintentional.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by kingston
Woops. Didn’t mean to lock anything down. Just made it a global announcement. Let me see if I can fix and merge.

I’d written a lengthy and thoughtful response summarizing my comments regarding Leupold from the last several years. I was then unable to post it, since you’d locked down this thread as an “announcement “. While mulling over starting a separate thread, it disappeared into the ether.

Hate when that happens. If you have a long post in the future, consider copying/pasting it into a text file with notepad or similar.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Leupold’s error was the CDS.

Adding exposed turrets to lightweight hunting scopes seeded expectations that they could be dialed repeatedly and reliably. They can’t.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by kingston

Hate when that happens. If you have a long post in the future, consider copying/pasting it into a text file with notepad or similar.

This is good advice and a practice I use. In this case, I thought I had. Oh well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I appreciate Doug’s effort but what the hell is a live stream Q&A going to accomplish.

Campfire member to Leupold...

Mr Leupold I have sent back many different scopes that would not track properly or retain zero, wasted umteen hours of my time with handloads and trips to the range only to determine that once again one of your scopes has gone tits up! I have decided to use a scope from another manufacture that actually tracks accurately

Leupold to Campfire member....

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..

I don’t see where they have to hear that over and over and over, just build a damn scope that tracks and holds zero, Jesus this ain’t rocket science.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Please get them to make a 3-12x ish scope with low profile mil turrets, side parallax, 30mm tube, FFP TMR, etc.

Or even just bring back the old 3.5-10 FFP Mk4 but put lower profile turrets on it like the M5C2 style

Last edited by PathFilmsNZ; 07/08/19.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
This is how I see this going

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And who believes Leupold is going to publicly admit they have a problem? A previous poster implied “We can agree on these problems,etc, etc.” No, on an open forum they can’t and will not.

Stuff of fairy tales.

Last edited by battue; 07/08/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not directed at anyone specifically but there sure are a lot of assumptions being made.

This is what has happened to America. Assuming and people piling on whether it is scopes or tires. At the end of the discussion, I will bet Leupold continues to sell thousands of scopes to people that aren’t on the Campfire and will thank the Campfire for it’s input.

If Leupold sells that many scopes that don’t work, you would think it would show up unilaterally through consumers. I haven’t had the problems that the Campfire has with Leupold, but I have switched almost entirely to Swarovski, so I can’t ad to the educated discussion.

Whether or not there is any change will remain to be seen. I believe this squeaky wheel will get greased. My guess is grease isn’t what the Campfire is looking for...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by battue

Stuff of fairy tales.

"Dear 24 Hour Dudes,

We're pleased to announce that our numbers show an insignificant return ratio and failure analysis implicates misuse as the leading contributing factor to those failures. Our chit just don't stink. (MtnBoomer, we really thought the $12/hour offer in 2007 was generous since we figured you lived in your mom's basement. ZING.)

Sincerely, Leupold Marking (and HR) Dudes. "

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 47 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.