Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Good riddance to that little egotistical midget fugg that gave us klingon..

That sums it up more succinctly than mine. wink

I voted for Bush and have always felt that Perot hurt Bush.
Those who supported Clinton always claim that he hurt Clinton just as much.

I don't think so...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
perot cost bush the election, no doubt. none whatsoever. perot knew even teddy Roosevelt didn't even come close as a third party. he just did it because he hated bush. we got 8 years of clinton because of it. seems like a raw deal to me considering it was simply to settle the score with an old foe.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
perot cost bush the election, no doubt. none whatsoever. perot knew even teddy Roosevelt didn't even come close as a third party. he just did it because he hated bush. we got 8 years of clinton because of it. seems like a raw deal to me considering it was simply to settle the score with an old foe.

Voting republican no matter what is why we keep getting George Bushes. If the sobs don’t run the best candidate, I ain’t voting for em.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking back, Perot reminds me of McRomney. He could have put both Bush and Clinton away. But instead the imp bluffed, blustered and waffled enough to draw votes away from Bush Sr (a globullist PoS in my opinion) and put in Slick Willy (a bigger PoS).

I liked his ideas, but he had absolutely no intention of making a serious run for president and only idiots couldn't see that he was holding back. It was a publicity stunt at best. His propagandist Larry King should have his brains squirt out his forehead and get kicked into the hole right behind him.

Rust In Piss

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He got 20% of the vote, iirc. That's not small change.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ancient history. Damage has already been done with clinton, bush, and obama destroying the USA. Time to put it behind us and try to hang on to what little USA we have left. Try to repair what we can and keep from becoming a communist country.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Concur. Just learn from history and hope it doesn't repeat itself.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can’t believe Curdog4570 hasn’t logged back in to tell us how great Perot was. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Concur. Just learn from history and hope it doesn't repeat itself.

It will repeat itself thanks to the media

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Morewood
I also voted for Perot and would do it again.

Morewood, I read your intro and I was impressed.

That has evaporated, however, as you appear to be a dumbass.

Why would you vote for a dead man?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A c+p comment from another website paraphrased below. Pretty much nailed it.

CharterOakie says:

July 9, 2019 at 10:55 pm

"Very sad news, the passing of a GREAT American patriot, businessman, benefactor and leader.

I briefly met Ross Perot twice in Dallas during the ‘90s and chatted with him for a couple minutes. I told him “God bless you, sir, for what you are doing for our country.” He thanked me for that enthusiastically.

Like so many commenters here, I proudly voted for him in ‘92 and (in my case) again in ‘96.
I was so angered by what the GOPe and Bush clan did to smear Perot that I changed my registration from Republican (I revered Reagan) to Independent. Not until Trump’s candidacy in 2016 did I re-register again as a Republican, and it was not for the damned party, but just to be able to vote for Trump in the primary.

I was close enough to Perot’s key political advisor after ‘92 that I knew the facts: “Perot cost Bush the election” was pure, unadulterated GOP propaganda. Bush was going to lose that election to Clinton with or without Perot in the race. The Bush reelection campaign’s private polling made that clear, and they actually begged Perot to re-enter the race in order to prevent Bubba from winning a majority of the popular vote. They were already grooming “W”.

Perot drew almost evenly from registered Rs and Ds. Slightly more registered Rs, but the margin was less than the margin by which Bush lost to Clinton. Mainly Perot inspired millions upon millions of disgusted, political drop-outs to register and vote for him. Those votes were never going to Bush or Clinton.

That’s the truth, and it doesn’t matter how many GOP operatives or misinformed or hyper-partisan Republicans say or believe otherwise.

Heartfelt condolences to the Perot family and closest friends.

We will miss you, Ross. Thank you for your life, your dedicated patriotism and benevolence towards your country and countrymen. You were a GREAT AMERICAN."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Okay.

But the truth persists, Perot put Clinton (and ALL the baggage) into the White House. On purpose.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Morewood
A c+p comment from another website paraphrased below. Pretty much nailed it.

CharterOakie says:

July 9, 2019 at 10:55 pm

"Very sad news, the passing of a GREAT American patriot, businessman, benefactor and leader.

I briefly met Ross Perot twice in Dallas during the ‘90s and chatted with him for a couple minutes. I told him “God bless you, sir, for what you are doing for our country.” He thanked me for that enthusiastically.

Like so many commenters here, I proudly voted for him in ‘92 and (in my case) again in ‘96.
I was so angered by what the GOPe and Bush clan did to smear Perot that I changed my registration from Republican (I revered Reagan) to Independent. Not until Trump’s candidacy in 2016 did I re-register again as a Republican, and it was not for the damned party, but just to be able to vote for Trump in the primary.

I was close enough to Perot’s key political advisor after ‘92 that I knew the facts: “Perot cost Bush the election” was pure, unadulterated GOP propaganda. Bush was going to lose that election to Clinton with or without Perot in the race. The Bush reelection campaign’s private polling made that clear, and they actually begged Perot to re-enter the race in order to prevent Bubba from winning a majority of the popular vote. They were already grooming “W”.

Perot drew almost evenly from registered Rs and Ds. Slightly more registered Rs, but the margin was less than the margin by which Bush lost to Clinton. Mainly Perot inspired millions upon millions of disgusted, political drop-outs to register and vote for him. Those votes were never going to Bush or Clinton.

That’s the truth, and it doesn’t matter how many GOP operatives or misinformed or hyper-partisan Republicans say or believe otherwise.

Heartfelt condolences to the Perot family and closest friends.

We will miss you, Ross. Thank you for your life, your dedicated patriotism and benevolence towards your country and countrymen. You were a GREAT AMERICAN."

12 years of GOP and the country was ready for another jimma cottah , Perot came in because the country needed help and hw bush damn sure wasn't doing what was best for the United States . Perot likely knew more about billybob clinton governor in neighboring state of Arkansas and didn't want a puke like him & him tramp wife in the Whitehouse .
You can look at the cycles - neither side remains in office very long without a change - a change was due .
You couldn't horse-whip a politician to lay out all of what is wrong with the country and how we're going to fix the problems . They're too busy promising puppies and beautiful sunsets .

People still don't want to face the problems head on - and fix them they'll wear a Nike out kicking the can down the road though .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was planning to vote for Perot when He hit His crazy cycle and I changed my mind. My mind has never resolved just exactly happened there. I know that He got paranoid about a few things that were never fully explained to the public. Or if it was, I missed it somehow. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
H. Ross Perot....... I have mixed feelings about him. On one hand, he was a great businessman, a decisive personality, and patriot. On the other hand, he was a stubborn egomaniac. Yes, I believe he was the single biggest factor in bringing the Clintons and Saul Alinsky to Washington.

Those of you who want to believe the pundits that quote polls as saying Perot took more votes from the Democrats than the Republicans are forgetting (or weren't alive or of voting age in 1992) some salient factors that led to GHWB's defeat. (Put down Tin foil/NWO conspiracies right here.)

One of the first rules of Party politics is never challenge an incumbent President in the Primaries. Ask Jimmy Carter what Ted Kennedy did to him in 1980. LBJ saw the writing on the wall and didn't put himself in that position. The sitting President has already won the race once, and needs to conserve funds for the main campaign. More importantly, don't give the opposition ammo to use against the candidate. No need in grinding him down before the general election. What happened way back then? First, Pat Buchanan ran against GHWB, slinging mud and grinding him down as too moderate. (Meanwhile, Slick Willie was playing the Moderate.)

Also recall that at the end of the Gulf War, GHWB's approval rating was off the charts. The MSM AND Pat Buchanan hammered on the "read my lips" and brought that into play, not the Dems. Point is, Buchanan wounded GHWB early, then H. Ross stepped in and continued the negative attack on GHWB pulling his numbers down further. Anyone recall his "I'm all ears!" quip in the debates? Best part of his campaign right there. And you want to explain Adm. James Stockdale as VP?? (No, need. I'll help you. Perot needed a name for VP for the ballots in all 50 States and Stockdale agreed to be the "name" until Perot could find who he wanted.)

Any of you remember the Reagan Democrats? Those conservative Democrats that crossed over to give Reagan 2 landslides? They also put GHWB into office by a huge margin over Michael Dukakis. This attack on GHWB by Buchanan and Perot drew enough of these Reagan Democrats away to make a difference. These are the voters that when polled said they were Democrats but voted for Perot over Bush. Thus, the misconception that Perot drew equally away from Clinton and GHWB.

Obviously bunk info. Perot was considered the most conservative of the 3. Is someone going to convince me that those Reagan Democrats were going to go for Willie over GHWB? Not if they went for Perot.

Without Perot in 1992, GHWB wins. While he was never my favorite, (and certainly was no Reagan) 4 more years of GHWB would have been infinitely better than letting the Clintons out of Arkansas and loose on America. The Clintons dominated the Dem Party for 24 years. Their deal to let Hillary get Daniel Patrick Moynahan's seat in NY is a prime example. Hillary's deal to become Sec of State for her endorsement of Obama is another. Obamacare was just an updated version of Hillarycare that was rejected in1994. Without Perot, we would never have Clinton, and for you NeverTrumpers, would have never needed Trump to defeat HRC in 2016. So if any of you Nevertrumpers voted for Perot back in the day, you're proof elections have consequences. You felt good about yourselves for an instant pulling the lever for Perot back in the day, and have been miserable living through Willie, W., Obama, and The Don ever since.

Blind Willie Johnson and Led Zeppelin have some lyric just for you:

[Verse 1]
Oh, nobody's fault but mine
Nobody's fault but mine
Trying to save my soul tonight

Oh, it's nobody's fault but mine

I was one of those Reagan Democrats that voted twice for Reagan, and twice for Bush the First. Although I agreed with many things that Perot said, it did not take a rocket scientist to figure out that he couldn't win. The fact is very simple, and you can cut it any way you want to, but it's still going to come out the same......he got into the race to hurt Bush, and the majority of his votes came from voters who would have voted for Bush, so Ross Perot gave us Bill Clinton.

I've always thought that fate paid Perot back in the form of Ralph Nader, as it can be argued that Nader caused Gore to lose Florida in 2000, therefore giving Bush the Second the election. Yeah, he was a good American in many ways, but if he'd cared as much about the country as he let on like he did, he'd stayed out of politics.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Voting republican no matter what is why we keep getting George Bushes. If the sobs don’t run the best candidate, I ain’t voting for em.

So, if I understand you correctly, if you had been a Ted Cruz man, when Trump got the GOP nomination, you would have abstained from voting even if it meant Hillary would win? crazy miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Perot hated Bush more than he loved America. Any Republican is better than a Democrat . HW Bush wasn’t perfect and the Clintons were horrible.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
RIP

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Good riddance to that little egotistical midget fugg that gave us klingon..

pretty much sums up my thoughts. His boy Rand is pretty much as useless.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think one of the stupidest sentences in the English Language is
"If you voted for X, you helped elect Y over Z".
When you vote for the lesser of two evils, YOU STILL GET EVIL!
Backing piss poor candidates always leads to more piss poor candidates.
Perot was clearly a better choice for America than Bush or Clinton. Both backed the NAFTA agreement, which allowed American Manufacturers to move to Mexico where labor was cheaper and environmental protection less stringent. End result for the U.S., lost jobs and lost revenue. Perot warned us!
I never was a rocket scientist, but even back then, I could see the writing on the wall.
Now, through the lenses of hindsight, it's clear that the deep state controlled both parties.
Remember that in 1980 the Republican Party coerced Reagan into accepting Bush as a running mate.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

76 members (160user, 41rem, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 13 invisible), 1,025 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,490
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.