Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Anyone that expected they were going to admit there are problems with their products is delusional. That's simply not how one survives in the corporate world.

Way back when in the days of Quality programs, the mantra was, "Quality means meeting customer expectations, not goodness". IOW, as long as the customer thinks he's getting his money's worth, it's a quality product. As long as enough people keep buying Leupold stuff based on reputation and tradition, there's no incentive for them to make any changes. As has been said repeatedly here, they know all about the stuff they sell, and are sticking to the program. Maybe there's a bunch of secret scurrying around in their engineering department working on the problems with their stuff, but I kinda doubt it, and ain't taking any expensive chances when there's plenty of other good products to choose from.

Thanks to Doug and all those who endured the presentation and produced the Cliff Notes version for the rest of us.

I think you nailed it.

Something I've been considering is the fact that Leupolds are very light in weight, and I suppose that could be because they're using very thin tubes. If that is so, then it could be that they're more sensitive to any ring misalignment causing erectors to bind. I read somewhere recently that someone was tightening rings on a rifle and noticed that as the ring screws were torqued, the rifle's action would flex. That would almost certainly not happen with a Leupold if I'm right about tube thickness.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
Originally Posted by kingston
I was glad they myth busted all the exaggerated claims about it taking six trips to Leupold to get a scope fixed. “Generally, they’re fixed by the third time a scope is returned... It never takes six times.”

That was very cringe-worthy. Good to know 3rd time is the charm.

It usually takes Swaro one time to fix a issue at least on their Z3's

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This reminds me of Lee Iacocca's book about when he worked for Henry Ford. Henry drove a Lincoln to work every day and every day while he was in the office the mechanics took his Lincoln to the shop and went over it with a fine toothed comb. He couldn't understand why people were complaining about Ford quality, His Lincoln was just fine.
Can you say "Clueless"?

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Anyone that expected they were going to admit there are problems with their products is delusional. That's simply not how one survives in the corporate world.

Way back when in the days of Quality programs, the mantra was, "Quality means meeting customer expectations, not goodness". IOW, as long as the customer thinks he's getting his money's worth, it's a quality product. As long as enough people keep buying Leupold stuff based on reputation and tradition, there's no incentive for them to make any changes. As has been said repeatedly here, they know all about the stuff they sell, and are sticking to the program. Maybe there's a bunch of secret scurrying around in their engineering department working on the problems with their stuff, but I kinda doubt it, and ain't taking any expensive chances when there's plenty of other good products to choose from.

Thanks to Doug and all those who endured the presentation and produced the Cliff Notes version for the rest of us.

I think you nailed it.

Something I've been considering is the fact that Leupolds are very light in weight, and I suppose that could be because they're using very thin tubes. If that is so, then it could be that they're more sensitive to any ring misalignment causing erectors to bind. I read somewhere recently that someone was tightening rings on a rifle and noticed that as the ring screws were torqued, the rifle's action would flex. That would almost certainly not happen with a Leupold if I'm right about tube thickness.

It must have been a ruger american rifle

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I thought someone was kidding about the hamburger on their home page. WOW just WOW

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uh-oh, recipes. That's a bad sign. Next it'll be logo-ed Leupold "stuff" like coolers, coffee mugs, Leupold Apparel, and other distractions.

Maybe a nice line of cookware?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Analyze away if you must, but it's over, been over for a while actually. I'm sticking to the Mauser forum from now on, firmly rooted in the past.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I thought someone was kidding about the hamburger on their home page. WOW just WOW

[Linked Image]

I don't know if that's a bad thing. After my last five Leupold scope experiences, I would rather have that burger any day. It is a nice looking burger.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by kingston
I just watched it again, as I was multitasking during the original airing. This time I took a few notes which are posted below. The technical discussion was nonsense.

Early on they show a slide labeled ‘Myth 5’ which appears to illustrate that a 0.4% deviation in adjustments at 100yrds. ensures 0% deviation in adjustments1000 yards????? I have no idea what this was about.

Regarding scopes that have been back 6, 7 times, Dane, who’s been with Leupold for three years stated, “l’ve never seen a scope come back six times and have a problem. Generally by the third time it’s in here, uh, we’re firing it, uh, we’re doing jumping jacks drills, uh, we’re doing box drills...”

A few quotes from Nick...
“I don’t know exactly what ‘beefed up’ means”
“I’m not an engineer, I’m just a marketing guy”
“Are your take down screws in the stock nice and secure?”
“We’re not accusing anyone of being wrong or anything like that.”
“We’re not gonna produce a product that doesn’t work—doesn’t track.”
“We’re gonna geek out on all the engineering stuff, all the stuff that’s over my head.”
“If it goes on a rifle, it comes out of this factory (the one in the US)”

Thanks for posting this.

I've seen enough to fully say screw them. However, the burger does look great!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where can we get a "Leupold" burger? looks good smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The thing about the burger is it will eventually end up in the same place as Leupold's reputation around here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I think you nailed it.

It must have been a ruger american rifle

It was a CA Ridgeline 300 RUM. Had a slightly bent 6x SS and once everything was torqued down I had some binding on action opening. Replaced the scope with a new 6x SS and all is well.

I agree, wouldn’t have seen it with the Leupold.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by irfubar
Where can we get a "Leupold" burger? looks good smile

It is guaranteed to be good. Best burger guarantee in the business. Comes with a a little bottle of 'X-Tended Flavor' sauce. No one has sent one back to the kitchen more than three times before they got it right! No one!!

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Hey Doug,

Joking aside. I think the guys here wanted some answers from someone with more technical savvy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I watched until they said you needed to be exactly 100yards from the adjustments to the target measured with a steel tape. So me being off a few inches from a 100 yards is causing 6-8 inches of shift left and right? Diagonally or whatever. Hmm the things you learn.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Deep Optic State

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the refresher, Scotty. Kind of a different scenario in your anecdote, but I think it illustrates the point.

Maybe if Leupold would do a bit of testing with misaligned rings, they could issue more satisfactory responses and actually help customers. I'm not impressed with their responses to date. I don't feel like they're facing reality. All the lab testing is fine and dandy, but they're not addressing the issues effectively.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I feel a bit sorry for Doug and Leupold on this one. This wasn't going to end well given the state of the strength of opinions on the subject. Doug comes across looking naive and probably damages his relationship with Leupold to boot. Leupold haters get to have a bigger field day and the poor sods who showed up from team Loopy probably damage their career's to some extent though I suspect it's also likely that 24 hour campfire members take their own reputation as "impossible to please" to a new height with management. Probably not the end game Doug was looking for.

I will continue to use Leupolds when I want a light weight option, but not without a bit of paranoia now, waiting for failures, that will likely not happen but waiting non the less.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doug,

Thanks for setting this up, but I missed it. I own Leupolds and my issues have been minor compared to others here. I have read through the forum here and it looks like Leupold has taken the "don't give a [bleep] stand". The customers wrong we are right, what a better way for a company to go out of business. Until Leupold addresses these issues, the problems will only continue, and I will say I have purchased my last Leupold until they acknowledge it and resolve the issue. Heck, I was about to buy a new scope in the next three weeks as well. Oh well, there are other companies that will be glad to take my money.

C
CP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think the Leupold representatives in this presentation genuinely believe their products are beyond reproach and that their customer’s issues are merely predicated on baseless myths. They are in denial, and they are not gong to address problems that they believe don’t even exist. Too bad, but that is where they are... CP.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 49 invisible), 3,322 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,292
Posts18,467,960
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.