Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Had one. Very accurate rifle with 40 and 50 grain bullets. Used for coyotes as a truck gun.
I thought it was an excellent rifle.

NRA Patron
BP-B6

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AJD

I was thinking these are 9 twist barrels?

They are a 9 twist and its a mag contour barrel...this would basically make it balance out better, and shoot virtually any bullet under 70 grains that you want to shoot, plus do it accurately.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
It's listed as a 12 twist but I measured mine and it's 9. Then again mine was new but old stock- it had the external screw in the trigger. So maybe the new ones are 12? Who knows.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
It's listed as a 12 twist but I measured mine and it's 9. Then again mine was new but old stock- it had the external screw in the trigger. So maybe the new ones are 12? Who knows.

The damn website lists it as 9 twist...but they've been known to do that before......

Regardless...it will need a new trigger...

Last edited by ingwe; 07/10/19.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
AJD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks guys, I was thinking the predator, whose barrel contour I like, is a 12 and for some reason the 7SS listed as a 9. But who knows what going on with them?

Thanks for the advice on the trigger. I have replaced several in the past, can't remember what/whose I used.

There is no accounting for taste.

Experience is a great thing as long as one survives it.

Generally, there ain't a lot that separates the two however,
Barely making it is a whole lot more satisfying than barely not making it.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My Predator came as a 1 in 9 twist and it shoots the heavier bullets just fine though the 75 gr. Hornady BTHP is the longest bullet I have tried. This talk of stocks, Are the black ones the same as the painted ones on the Predator model? If so they balance pretty good with the light 18 1/2 inch barrel of my 7-08. The Walnut stock that came on it was very butt heavy, pretty but muzzle light to the extreme.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Let see replace the stock, trigger and barrel and it's just right, might as well build one. I like the wood stocked models and especially the Manlichers from the Custom shop and the Custom KS version. If I were to keep it stock the SS model would be nice. I like the versions with a 20" barrel if not full stocked. Weight can be added in the barrel channel to reduce the muzzle light feel, but this doesn't bother me.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AJD

Don't see any reason why not. My luck with M7s has been good...and even if its a slow twist there's lots of good premium "deer" bullets that will work well in a 1 in 12

Go for it![/quote]

I was thinking these are 9 twist barrels?

A Kimber MT would be nice, I did find a Deluxe Classic in 223, but no MTs.

260Remguy I'll have to check it out. Has the barrel contour changed on these? Website says a 20" magnum contour barrel?

I need to rethink this.
[/quote]

Regarding the Weatherguard V2, I was thinking of the standard 24" sporter with the barrel cut back to 20", not the H-BAR style.

These have a 1-9" ROT and I think that they are Weatherby's number VTG223RR4O.

AJD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

[/quote]

Regarding the Weatherguard V2, I was thinking of the standard 24" sporter with the barrel cut back to 20", not the H-BAR style.

These have a 1-9" ROT and I think that they are Weatherby's number VTG223RR4O.[/quote]

Thanks

AJD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rickt300
My Predator came as a 1 in 9 twist and it shoots the heavier bullets just fine though the 75 gr. Hornady BTHP is the longest bullet I have tried. This talk of stocks, Are the black ones the same as the painted ones on the Predator model? If so they balance pretty good with the light 18 1/2 inch barrel of my 7-08. The Walnut stock that came on it was very butt heavy, pretty but muzzle light to the extreme.

I had no idea the Predators have a 9 twist.

Thanks

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You gals are fhuqking HILARIOUS,only because you are doing your best. The STUPID is plum fhuqking amazing. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hearts for TRYING.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You gals are fhuqking HILARIOUS,only because you are doing your best. The STUPID is plum fhuqking amazing. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hearts for TRYING.

Hint...............

So kind of you to be concerned.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Few things funnier than a fhuqking Texan,TRYING to "talk" rifles. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Whining.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well it is better than constantly talking irrelevant bullshit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetheart,

NOTHING matters more than twist rate,throat geometry and COAL...all the constants that the Seven misses. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my shooting it all and then some,as you talk out your quivering ass,you AMAZINGLY Inept Clueless Fhuqk.

Bless your heart for trying though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
...NOTHING matters more than twist rate,throat geometry and COAL...all the constants that the Seven misses...

Can you explain why the Model 7 (or 700 for that matter) does not have constant twist rate, throat geometry and COAL?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cite the chambering and Model,because they assuredly different in their consistencies and how they hit/miss same. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.................

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Adamjp
...NOTHING matters more than twist rate,throat geometry and COAL...all the constants that the Seven misses...

Can you explain why the Model 7 (or 700 for that matter) does not have constant twist rate, throat geometry and COAL?

Not answering for Stick but my take is:

1. Twist rate - on a .223 (either 7 or 700) Remington is missing the boat on most twists being slow. 8 or faster allows you to shoot longer 7's5 and below...maybe some above. 9 puts you on a maybe/maybe not bubble for longer 75's. To me it's a wash on 7 vs 700 here.

2 & 3. Throat and COAL can be tied together somewhat. The longer one's throated the more room you need to seat bullets out....you can go more in depth on this but end result is it's nice to be able to kiss easily and adjust from there. Having more mag box length to play with is nice, especially with longer bullets. With 7's or 700's it's an easy spacer fix on mag boxes so it's a wash to me. The 700 has the advantage of being able to go with an extended mag box on a short action round but with a .223 it's a null point...... There's only 1 quality DBM that I'm aware of for the M7 so that can be done....but the 700 has a lot more options on bottom metal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1) They don't a 223 anywhere nearly correct on any platform,other than Krunchenticker and under an umbrella.

2) The magbox slide is viable,but can't "help" RPM unfortunately.

Never seen a Seven wearing AICS DBM.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
795 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 78 invisible), 3,102 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,714
Posts18,400,344
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.