Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Underschill,

Folks who "know" as "much" as you,will do best by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Your DUMBfhuqktitude is glaring. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Underschill,

Folks who "know" as "much" as you,will do best by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Your DUMBfhuqktitude is glaring. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint..................

Sounds good I’ll be sure to ask you for advice if I want to destroy good rifles or if I need pointers on how to claim government benefits for mental disabilitys.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my shooting it all,as you bask in the "sanctity" of your STUPIDITY. Congratulations?!?

Hint....................i

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Wow, how did this post turn into this?!? SMH Love a good mountain rifle, hate an idiot!

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by longshot3631
Wow, how did this post turn into this?!? SMH Love a good mountain rifle, hate an idiot!

It's officially off the rails now.

Thanks to all who offered their input.

I've got some ideas and some offers. I'm well on my way.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Snowflakes Melt so fast,that it is simply incredible. Congratulations?!?

Hint.....................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
While HS stocks and DBM's suck heavy ass,they do in fairness make a Skookum spout.

[Linked Image]

Hint...............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by longshot3631

It's officially off the rails now.

Thanks to all who offered their input.

I've got some ideas and some offers. I'm well on my way.

Let us know what follows.you home.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Picking up a Remington KS Mountain Rifle from 80s or early 90s with Brown or McMillan stock is never a bad option. I've had several and all have been great shooters and less than 6.5lbs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've only done 'em in McMillan. Nice way to fly in a L/A due a 700's inherent COAL latitude,but a Goat Fhuqk in S/A,for the opposite reason. Congratulations?!?

A Fieldcraft 7-08 and 180's steals the fhuqking show there.

Hint............

IC B3

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I too have a .30-06 FC. I like it, COAL shortcomings be damned. I wanted to shoot factory Barnes 168gr in it and it worked very well with those. I can point it at any elk or deer to 500 yards and expect it to die if I pull the trigger. I don’t need the maximum potential out of it, just enough to get to 500 yards (more likely 400 where I hunt). The ergos are about perfect for me with a Conquest 3-9 or vortex razor lh 2-10x40.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Sako Finnlight II in 300 WSM. Accurate, reasonably light, cerakoted stainless, seriously nice. Have one in .308 but was keenly looking at the 300 WSM on the rack above it when I bought it some months back.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by vabowhntr
I too have a .30-06 FC. I like it, COAL shortcomings be damned. I wanted to shoot factory Barnes 168gr in it and it worked very well with those. I can point it at any elk or deer to 500 yards and expect it to die if I pull the trigger. I don’t need the maximum potential out of it, just enough to get to 500 yards (more likely 400 where I hunt). The ergos are about perfect for me with a Conquest 3-9 or vortex razor lh 2-10x40.

It is a Fascinating "approach",to make excuses for your L/A Goat Fhuqk,to salve your INCREDIBLE Fhuqking Stupidity. Congratulations?!?

P.S. and by the way,it ain't working...mainly because it can't.

Bless your heart for TRYING though.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by zeissman
Sako Finnlight II in 300 WSM. Accurate, reasonably light, cerakoted stainless, seriously nice. Have one in .308 but was keenly looking at the 300 WSM on the rack above it when I bought it some months back.

You couldn't critique a fhuqking sheet of tinfoil. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!.............

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ol know it all Richard Cranium at it again. Too bad someone up your way doesn't just slap your a$$ to the ground. If you ever come to Tennessee you can teach me something about being perfect and I'll teach you a lesson in humility and respect.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Slowdog,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Congratulations?!?

Rest assured,that NOBODY can disrespect you,more than you can,by simply doing your BEST...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

Laughing!..................

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Thinking about a new rifle.

This is a western elk, bear and deer rifle, light weight, maybe 6-7 lbs. Have a 300wsm in kimber MA, but it looks like my buddy is using it at least this year, so I'm going to spring on a new one.

Don't have time for a custom, so something off the shelf. Budget up to $2500. Probably keep in 300wsm, just cause I've been happy with the weight of the short actions, but open to others.

Any thoughts? Appreciate all input.......

Tikka T3/x in caliber of your choice (apparently 300wsm). Order a Micky Sako Hunter with Edge fill now. If it arrives in time, great. If it does not, no big deal, hunt with the stock stock. Top with an optic appropriate to your terrain, and don't look back.

FWIW, my two primary hunting rifles are both T3s wearing McMillan stocks and they are both elk killing machines.

300WM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
McQueenSagepoos,

LW's puke farrr too easily,for folks who actually use rifles. Congratulations?!?

Your best is never not fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Hint.

Laughing!.....................

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Follow up.

Christensen arms ridgeline in 300wsm. Used, very lightly. Supposedly made one trip to Africa and then got sold back to LGS?

Anyway, it's mine and I'm looking forward to getting some range time to see if the hype is real. Fit and finish are excellent, action very smooth. Glass to be mounted hopefully by this weekend if I can sneak an hour or two.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have one in a 300 RUM and so far it has been a good rifle. Pretty danged accurate with the first few loads and continues to do well as I work it out during the summer. Good luck with it and let us know how it does for you.

Semper Fi
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (Akpilot, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 15 invisible), 1,629 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.