Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Does anyone make a replacement trigger for a 77/22lr? I've seen on here about a spring kit for a 77/17 but not sure if they're the same animal.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Volquartzen use to make one but they stopped producing it recently, you may find one on eBay though. Rifle basic, Timney make one and I believe Clark does too but I could be wrong. A simple spring kit will lighten the trigger but the sear and spring kit will remove a lot of the creep too. You can work on the trigger yourself a little if you are up to it.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Showdog75
Does anyone make a replacement trigger for a 77/22lr? I've seen on here about a spring kit for a 77/17 but not sure if they're the same animal.

I've seen a Rifle Basix featured in a couple of magazine articles with good results. I've used the Timney, and fiddled a factory trigger myself. Pretty sure all the kits and replacements are the same, but when in doubt, call the maker.

I replaced just the spring with one from Ernie the Gunsmith, but it made only a slight difference. The geometry of the factory trigger is a big part of the problem.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You might like this site. Been good to me.

https://www.triggershims.com/ruger_m77.html

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by ring3
You might like this site. Been good to me.

https://www.triggershims.com/ruger_m77.html

Yeah, that site sells the Volquartsen kit. I put it in my 77/357 and it did wonders, though I had to do a bit of filing/polishing on the safety afterwards.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Not sure if they are interchangeable, but I put a VQ sear and spring in my 77/17 hornet. Trigger pull went from 5.5 to about 2.5 pounds with minimal travel. And after watching a 15 minute u tube video, it was a fast and easy job.

NRA Patron
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by dale06
my 77/17 hornet.

I've had my eye on that particular rifle for a while. How do you like it?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rifle Basix for me. I've a few.

Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Hoth
Originally Posted by dale06
my 77/17 hornet.

I've had my eye on that particular rifle for a while. How do you like it?

I love mine. 17 Hornet is quieter than all other center fire varmint rifles. Trajectory is close to a .223. A pound of powder will reload almost 700 rounds. If you reload, it's cheaper to shoot than a .17 HMR. Accuracy is excellent. What is there not to like?

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hummer ammo is less than $10. Factory 17 Hornet ammo wears SCHIT brass. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Rifle Basix for me. I've a few.

Have you ever had to do any futzing around with the safety after installing any of your Basix like I had to do with the Volquartzen?

Hummer ammo is less than $10. Factory 17 Hornet ammo wears SCHIT brass.

Inconsistent, weak, or both?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not on any Basix,but that's standard fare for a Dayton Traister,they typically take a coupla licks with a file,for the saftey to roll...whether in LR,Hummer,Whizzum or Hornet. Got 'em all.

Hint................

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Not having to piss around with a file would definitely be worth the extra $30.

What are your thoughts on the 17 HMR vs the 17 WSM?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Files don't aspook me.(grin)

The Whizzum is a vastly superior chambering,but might not make the cut in the long term...being the 77/17 is the only Factory Rifle worth a fhuqk,chambered same. Ruger REALLY needs to chamber same in a S/S RAR.

I've multiples in each chambering,including both boltguns(obviously) and AR's.

LOVE 'em all.

Hint..................

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Id buy a RAR 17 Wizzum right now. I have a Bmag, but well....its a Savage.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
alwaysindoors,

Your Brokedick "intel",never disappoints in it's MAGNIFICENT Oblivious Hilarity. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bless your heart for TRYING though!

Hint.

Laughing!...............

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
alwaysindoors,

Your Brokedick "intel",never disappoints in it's MAGNIFICENT Oblivious Hilarity. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bless your heart for TRYING though!

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Did your blow up man sex doll not arrive as scheduled?!

Only broke diks post pictures of their stuff all day. It must make you feel less of a broke dik, Duncle maple Bacon Bar.

Go take a picture of a deer and pretend you are hard charging. You have 250,000 posts or so with all your usernames combined. Congratulations!?

Hint...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
alwaysindoors,

Pardon wares that exist and the critique of same,upsetting the "sanctity" of your Imagination and Pretend,as you talk out your ass. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Whining.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
alwaysindoors,

Pardon wares that exist and the critique of same,upsetting the "sanctity" of your Imagination and Pretend,as you talk out your ass. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Whining.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Excuse me for stating what Id buy and what I dont like in similar offerings. Keep pretending to be important, Duncle Phuqtard.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
alwaysindoors,

The sole CONSTANT with you Brokedick CLUELESS Kchunts,is that when it is all said and done...there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said,than "done". Congratulations?!?

"Fortunately" for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart for DREAMING.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

209 members (222ND, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 18 invisible), 1,509 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,150
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.