Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
OP Offline
F
Hello all
I picked up a 22cal rifle not knowing what it actually was till i read the barrel, 22 cheetah mk1. Did a search on the gun and looks like i have to make some bullets. Which brings me to tnis forum, looking to hear from other cheetah owners on a good safe load.. looks to be a 1/14 twist. Not looking to shoot 900 yrds. Any help in what direction to in would be much appreciated.

BP-B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Does it still have rifeling in the barrel? That sucker is a hotrod and eat a barrel fastly.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Flatshooter
Hello all
I picked up a 22cal rifle not knowing what it actually was till i read the barrel, 22 cheetah mk1. Did a search on the gun and looks like i have to make some bullets. Which brings me to tnis forum, looking to hear from other cheetah owners on a good safe load.. looks to be a 1/14 twist. Not looking to shoot 900 yrds. Any help in what direction to in would be much appreciated.

I'd Cerrosafe it,to KNOW what's up with chamber dimensions,so I could prep brass in accordance. Many require neck turning,due chamber dimensions. Congratulations?!?

I've only owned a couple of 'em and would MUCH rather 224 Kreedmire. I shoot '15 with 50's in 'em,but can't in good faith give you any data,because you have no idea what you are doing,nor the rifle's particulars.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Flatshooter
Hello all

I'd Cerrosafe it,to KNOW what's up with chamber dimensions,so I could prep brass in accordance. Many require neck turning,due chamber dimensions. Congratulations?!?

I've only owned a couple of 'em and would MUCH rather 224 Kreedmire. I shoot '15 with 50's in 'em,but can't in good faith give you any data,because you have no idea what you are doing,nor the rifle's particulars.

Hint...............

Surprisingly enough STICK you are correct. The smith i took it to did check out rifeling to see if it was worth reloading for also chamber checked out ok. Good quick catch there glad to see someone is paying attention, i think?

Quality cartridge also came through with the mk1 brass, saves some time there. A friend of mine is doing the reloading as you have noted i have no idea.

Thanks again , i guess??

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rifling is moot. How did he check the chamber? If it's dimensions are not KNOWN to the .0001",you have nothing. Having brass is great,but it's dimensioning needs correlated to the chamber's particulars,before you blow yourself up. Hint.

I'd simply Cerrosafe and KNOW,then weigh options from there. What receiver is it? Who's barrel? What do you hope to do with it? What contour? What do you have for dies?

I do NOT shoot anyone else's ammo,ever.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
22-250,22-250AI,CHeetah MKI and Swift.
[Linked Image]

Hint..................

F
OP Offline
F
The barrel is Shilen, called them looking for a cheap way out hopped to rechamber the gun. They pulled the prints on the MK1 and said no go . Looking for a chuck gun that would reach out there. Its an older ruger No.1 rolling block. Redding sent a fl die set over to the shop, could not find them anywhere else. I would like to give it a try thats why i inquired here so i dont blow myself up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1) Shilen NEVER chambered CHeetah's in either guise

2) Ruger doesn't have a rolling block

3) Dies are moot

Sell the works,gather something Factory supported and THANK me later.

Hint.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stick I complement you on your advise in this case, it appears to be an accident waiting to happen. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
1) Shilen NEVER chambered CHeetah's in either guise

2) Ruger doesn't have a rolling block

3) Dies are moot

Sell the works,gather something Factory supported and THANK me later.

Hint.................

I just looked at a shilen site and they show a 22 cheetah mark l and a 22 cheetah mark l .247 and a cheetah ll is that a more recent change?
But I agree this is an unknown, lots of safer ways to start after selling what he has to fund something else.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm the only one not guessing. Congratulations?!?

Hint...............

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Flatshooter,

Listen to Stick on this one.

Sell the works and if you are not a hand loader,pick up a 22-250 and be happy

Last edited by Dude270; 07/13/19. Reason: Auto correct sucks
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I own two 22-250.s, one a Ruger varmint heavy barrel and a sporter one that I put together from parts, I like both, shot the Ruger in hunter competitions and it did well.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There isn't ANY 1-14" Ping Pong Ball Launcher to get excited about. Though I of course have a goodly sized herd of 22-250AI's,I'd never build another,with the advent of 224 Kreedmire Alpha brass. The Kreedmire is 95% of the 22-250AI,turn key outta da' gate and that's more than plenty.

Krieger 1-7.7" 22-250AI. Loaded rounds are Alpha Kreedmire Virgins and the fired case is the "transformation" to 22-250AI from said rifle.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

1-8" 224 Speedmire.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

THE 224 Speedmire 1-7".

[Linked Image]

Hasty 250yd zero confirmation and 88 ELD's(.545BC) at 3200fps do NOT suck.(grin)

[Linked Image]

It fhuqks with heads and REALLY hurts Feelers,that a High RPM 223,will walk all over a 1-14" 22-250AI,CHeetah,Swift,etc...but I've had 'em all in tow,to let folks shoot it all and save themselves from spending stupid money.

Hint.....................(grin)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ping Pong Ball Perspective(s): Kreedmire/22-250AI/CHeetah/Swift-esque

50 'Max at 4000fps.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

22" 223 and 75 ELD at 2950fps...26.5grs powder

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That 1050fps "advantage" sure leaves the stage quickly and I've seen wind matter.(grin)

Hint.....................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You’re a bit reckless with your analogies when you can’t see over 50 yards, let alone shoot to 1,000. When will you learn that you are the only one that impressed with anything you do?

Hint, laughing...

A bit chilly this AM.

Hint...............

[Linked Image]

Ping Pong Ball Perspective(s): Kreedmire/22-250AI/CHeetah/Swift-esque

50 'Max at 4000fps.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

22" 223 and 75 ELD at 2950fps...26.5grs powder

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That 1050fps "advantage" sure leaves the stage quickly and I've seen wind matter.(grin)

Hint.....................

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shrapnel,

What were the "odds" that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot? Congratulations?!?

It seems that you "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again.

Can barely see to 2400yds,from inside the front door.

[Linked Image]

You are THE last person,"equipped" to TRY and "talk" rifles,cartridges or bullets...because you KNOW how fhuqking easy it is for me,to rub your nose in your own STUPIDITY. Which is why you went FULL Kchunt with Imaginary Pretend Ignore. LAUGHING!

Folks who "know" and "do" as 'much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers".

Bless your heart for trying though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Just build a 22 Creed, it's a no brainer

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Talked to James the other day and he should have barrels in hand by now. Pard pre-ordered one...1-7" Varmint,26"(to be chopped later),'Nut,'lug and action from james. It'll go in a RHR Terrain with Mesa M5 DBM,he had a 1913 extended rail,'Horns and 10x MQ with TT Special.

He'll headspace it to Alpha Virgins and it'll probably shoot.(grin)

Hint.................

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Peterson makes 22 Creed brass too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
738 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 86 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,399,996
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.