Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
People are getting so many tags. I have seen several conversations about more people putting in for tags. Maybe, but you also see people with 10-15 tags. You see folks talking about this hunt, that hunt, the other hunt but I was unsuccessful for a couple hunts too, why so many people putting in for licenses. Why so many tags?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image][url

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why not? If you can afford them and can make use of the meat.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I buy between 8 to 10 deer tags in Nebraska each year. I buy 2 buck tags and between 6 and 8 antlerless whitetail tags. I buy 4 "BLUE NORTHWEST" seasons choice tags and between 2 and 4 "RIVER" tags that will allow me to take between 8 and 12 antlerless whitetails. I keep some of the meat and give the rest to friends and to Hunters Helping the Hungry. Shooting that many deer allows me to field test a variety of rifle chambered for different cartridges and using different combinations of components.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Guys such as myself like to hunt.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Because non-hunters move to Florida, and that's a fate worse than death.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I buy between 8 to 10 deer tags in Nebraska each year. I buy 2 buck tags and between 6 and 8 antlerless whitetail tags. I buy 4 "BLUE NORTHWEST" seasons choice tags and between 2 and 4 "RIVER" tags that will allow me to take between 8 and 12 antlerless whitetails. I keep some of the meat and give the rest to friends and to Hunters Helping the Hungry. Shooting that many deer allows me to field test a variety of rifle chambered for different cartridges and using different combinations of components.

Good on ya for donating some meat. There's a lot of hungry folks out there, and good quality protein is hard for them to come by. Go to a food distribution sometime and volunteer. We've got a pretty good one near here-I've volunteered at it several times. The food is donated, so they take what they can get. Sometimes it's obscure products that aren't selling, or short dated stuff. If the people are lucky they get meat of some kinds-maybe some chicken thighs or a pack of hot dogs but that's about it. Most of the other goods are high carb, high salt, or just junk food. Lots of chips, bread, and cereal, possibly some canned fruit and veggies, and a little bit of fresh fruit and veggies depending on what's available. There is very little protein in the kits though. Donating meat is a good thing to do.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will never live in Florida.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Because non-hunters move to Florida, and that's a fate worse than death.

I used to live in Florida, but escaped in 1975. I'll never live there again.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I usually have 2-3 tags in total. And I usually kill at least two big game animals. I’ll have deer, antelope and elk tags this year.
I give 100% of the meat to people that like to eat it. I don’t much care for it.

NRA Patron
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

NOBODY lives in Fl.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by dale06
I usually have 2-3 tags in total. And I usually kill at least two big game animals. I’ll have deer, antelope and elk tags this year.
I give 100% of the meat to people that like to eat it. I don’t much care for it.

I luv elk backstrap. smile

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've been to Florida Once and it was enough. I'll have five or six big game tags this year. If I didn't like the meat I wouldn't hunt.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Florida = God's waiting room.
Never been to a place that had such a high percentage of its population that have no soul.
In the interest of full disclosure, we've owned a winter place there for over 30 years.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Always thought that asking “why” people do what they do to be an exercise of futility. I guess my answer would be similar to what the mountain climbers answer when asked why they climb........because they are there.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I live in an area that was rural when I moved her and has now become suburban. The deer population has gotten out of control. I kill 4/year and have done so for 5-6 years now. I like deer meat. I like it a lot. I eat most of what I kill. I buy virtually no beef, very little salmon, some chicken and virtually no white meat fish. What little meat I do buy tends to be more specialty items like really good sausage. I make a lot of sausage myself, but I tend towards sausages that is easier to make without specialized equipment. What little venison I do not eat from what I kill I have people who are always very happy to take anything I will provide. The people I give it to know that this is meat that has been killed, processed and cut for my table and that it is as pretty and as perfectly handled and can be done. I do not donate my game to Hunters for the Hungry or any other such organization because unless a person has grown up eating and preparing wild meat of almost any type, they have no idea how to make the most of it. The people I give wild meat to NEED it, and know what to do with it.

I buy two tags for myself every year and two for my wife. My wife has no interest in shooting deer, but she likes to sit with me, and she really enjoys tracking deer that I have shot. She is very helpful in the processing and butchering of the deer and understands that the level of care I put into an animal after the shot shows up and is very noticeable on her plate. Like me, she is extremely disappointed in what passes for meat in most stores. The injection of water into meat should be illegal. It degrades the quality of the meat, makes it much more susceptible to micro organisms and makes it much, much harder to prepare decently. We do stupid crap like finishing beef in a feed lot where basically we introduce a huge amount of E-coli into them and from there the next stop is a processing plant kill floor where the cross contamination of the animal is completed. THAT is why we need to cook beef to death before it is safe to eat lest we disease ourselves.

THAT IS WHY I BUY SO MANY TAGS AND KILL SO MANY DEER EACH YEAR.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

NOBODY lives in Fl.

Sorry. Nobody LIVES in Fl.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Is there much public land with good deer hunting?

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I don’t have to buy tags, they are part of my license.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I don’t have to buy tags, they are part of my license.

No doubt!

Standard license has 6 deer tags.

Family like my son's with two boys that hunt, and all the family loves wild game, it can really fill a freezer if you want it to. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

726 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,144
Posts18,464,952
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.