Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Just finished season 9. WOW! How much longer do you think this show will continue? Thoughts? Predictions?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stopped watching a few years back when they started pushing LGBT characters.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Stopped watching a few years back when they started pushing LGBT characters.

I hear ya. I've forced myself through a bunch of it. Just don't see how long the same kinda crap can go on and on. I hear the comic books are just full speed ahead with no end in sight, but the show? Can't keep dragging it out like this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll watch it to the bitter end but they lost me the second Negan grabbed Rick by the hair and dragged him into that RV - and Rick didn't immediately kill him. All of their bad ass characters are gone or turned soft. Maggie is out of the script for some reason, Michonne is a mommy and Carol the used to be stone cold killer is a softie mudshark. The only one they're left with is Daryl and you can't carry a show on a guy whose main claim to fame is mumbling everything he says.

They are in their fourth major iteration with who knows how may sub-iterations of rehashing the same plot line. Encounter bad guy/bad guys, go through crisis, overcome bad guys. The Governor (twice), Terminus, the Atlanta hospital, Negan and the Saviors, now Alpha or "the Whisperers" or whatever they're called.

Besides which, and this may be just my personal interest, but they are some 9 or 10 years into the Zombie Apocalypse and they still don't have any more tactical sense than a group of Girl Scouts. In fact, with a decent NCO to organize and lead them I'd put my money on the Girl Scouts.

Kind of like Vikings after they killed off Ragnar. Lagertha is an old woman now and no one cares about his kids or that psycho Ivar. And now that I've mentioned Ivar... Okay, you're in an age where men fight hand to hand with sword and shield, bow and arrow, where a great majority of a warrior's might comes from his sheer strength and agility, and they can't kill a guy who has to drag himself around on his hands? That one scene where he's on the ground, sitting up against his chariot and growling at the massed English archers facing him, and he scares them off?! GMAFB! In real life that scene would have ended with him pin cushioned by about thirty arrows, then having his dead head cut off. Sheesh....

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not my cup of tea.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I used to think the show was awesome, now it is almost unwatchable.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I started on Netflix and watched from the beginning, and yeah, it seems a repeat and the character "developed" into their true identities. Like so many series, it's ran it's course, time to put it ot bed.

Plus, I got to Season 8, I think and I can't watch it on regular TV (too many commercials).

LBGTQ??? and inter racial which I understand that the pickings are slim and relationships develop but everywhere, NAgan, Kill him now and put his head on a stake. Forgive and forget only goes so far - evil must be destroyed.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 14 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 769 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,662
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.