Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Ted Cruz is sniveling.
Nathan Bedford Forrest, like Andrew Jackson, had no formal military training.
He died a believing Christian, having come to redeeming faith in Christ after the war. He was a serious Presbyterian much like Stonewall Jackson.
He had Grace in his heart and was an advocate for the downtrodden, even blacks in Memphis.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yep

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Christ can forgive a lot of sins. Considering the atrocities committed by Forrest and his men at Ft. Pillow and later as grand wizard of the KKK, Jesus did a lot of forgiving.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
, Jesus did a lot of forgiving.

As He did with us all!

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Ted Cruz is sniveling.
Nathan Bedford Forrest, like Andrew Jackson, had no formal military training.
He died a believing Christian, having come to redeeming faith in Christ after the war. He was a serious Presbyterian much like Stonewall Jackson.
He had Grace in his heart and was an advocate for the downtrodden, even blacks in Memphis.

Cruz is nothing but a carpet bagger that will say anything to get elected. Always swore I would never vote for him, finally did this last time as anyone was better than Beto, but Ted is quickly making me rethink that

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ted Cruz is exactly right about the KKK.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I doubt Forrest would be the least bit entertained by someone that eats his own boogers.

He would most likely carve Cruz's liver out and feed it to him if there was a time machine. 😄

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
I doubt Forrest would be the least bit entertained by someone that eats his own boogers.

He would most likely carve Cruz's liver out and feed it to him if there was a time machine. 😄

So do you support the KKK? Are you a member?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Todays KKK are a bunch of pansies compared to the KKK in Bedfords day. Those guys were bloodthirsty terrorists. They murdered 1000's, often brutally

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Christ can forgive a lot of sins. Considering the atrocities committed by Forrest and his men at Ft. Pillow and later as grand wizard of the KKK, Jesus did a lot of forgiving.

"Considering the atrocities committed by Forrest and his men at Ft. Pillow"

B ULLS HIT!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by slumlord

So do you support the KKK? Are you a member?

Listen Commie, and loving Lincoln as you do, who by the way was a Bolshevik, which is another word for Communist, you need a little history lesson, so here goes....

There is a huge difference between the KKK as it was when it was first organized, and what it morphed into in later years. When the KKK was first organized, your Northern aggressors had decided to payback the Southern Whites for their sin of owning slaves.....which had been legal at the time, something the Reconstruction crowd just "happened" to forget. Anyway, they put the former slaves in political offices, and did everything within their power to chit on the Whites, even going so far as to encourage the degradation of White women. I strongly suspect, that if the South had won the war, and did the North what the North did to the South, the damn Yankees would have been singing a different tune.

Anyway, Southern Whites had no way to legally defend their selves, so they formed the KKK as a way to fight back against the unfair and unjust treatment the Northern Republicans and the Negroes were dishing out to them. There was not one thing wrong with that, any group of people would have done so. The original KKK was soon disbanded after the Yankees left Southern soil, and the Whites started running things again. When it was resurrected, it did not follow the course that the original founders, of which that great and honorable man, Nathan Bedford Forrest was one of.

I find it very odd that you Northerners like to talk about how horrible the KKK was, yet it was the North who was DIRECTLY responsible for it coming into being. Had I been alive in the period of time following the war, and lived in South, under the conditions the North was forcing upon them, I would have gladly joined the KKK.

Today, is a much different story, and I don't support them because they are in no way even close to what the KKK was originally intended to be.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think you're wrong about that, and are another example of someone who hate's all things connected to the Confederate States of America.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Todays KKK are a bunch of pansies compared to the KKK in Bedfords day. Those guys were bloodthirsty terrorists. They murdered 1000's, often brutally

To understand the Klan in those days just after the fall of the South you have to immerse yourself in some factual history concerning the conditions of military occupation and so called reconstruction.
There was and is a context.
Lawlessness abounded and white men were many times disarmed and disenfranchised.
We advocate for graciousness in society but the times were brutal.
If you haven't waded through real factual history of the tyranny and atrocities of reconstruction it would be impossible to have a balanced view of it.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

+1

True!

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L

The Fort Pillow incidents not so simple. It is recorded that Forrest put himself between his men and the Union prisoners and threatened to shoot any of his own men who continued. There were 3000 recorded black mourners at Forrest's funeral. He had been an outspoken advocate of hiring blacks, especially skilled blacks, because there was a severe shortage of skilled workers after the war.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You wouldn't know a real Commie if he kicked you in the ass. How could Lincoln be something that was not even in existence?

Lincoln gave one of the greatest speeches of all times and how the South should be treated. So some Southern back shooter killed him.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

The Fort Pillow incidents not so simple. It is recorded that Forrest put himself between his men and the Union prisoners and threatened to shoot any of his own men who continued. There were 3000 recorded black mourners at Forrest's funeral. He had been an outspoken advocate of hiring blacks, especially skilled blacks, because there was a severe shortage of skilled workers after the war.

That is a fact, something that today's Negroes and White idiots don't want to hear.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
War always has been a nasty business, my unit in Viet Nam rarely took prisnors. Below is an exert from an account of the Crater. When I was growing up I was taught that both sides shot into the battle of The Crater .

"War crimes
Many Confederates were killed, even after surrendering, by bayonets from black Union troops after the mine explosion:

When the fourth division advanced on July 30, the thin line of Confederate defenders clearly heard the blacks shouting at the top of their voices, "No quarter to the Rebels! No quarter to the Rebels!" and the blacks proceeded to butcher every man they found alive in the works.[12]

In later stages of the battle, many Union casualties were black soldiers killed by Confederate bayonets and musket fire even after they had surrendered.[citation needed]

These actions violated the rules of war of the time (the Lieber Code). Black soldiers were also bayoneted by white Union soldiers, who feared reprisal from victorious Confederate troops"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Crater

Last edited by gahuntertom; 07/13/19.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I don’t care what side you’re on.

Ignoring or changing history and the men that fought for their state and what they believed was right is a mistake.

The south should absolutely honor the confederate generals.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
You wouldn't know a real Commie if he kicked you in the ass. How could Lincoln be something that was not even in existence?

Lincoln gave one of the greatest speeches of all times and how the South should be treated. So some Southern back shooter killed him.

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Republicans-Lincolns-Marxists-Marxism/dp/0595446981

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 61 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,645
Posts18,455,396
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.