Print Thread
Hop To
Page 64 of 79 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 78 79
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Point being, God never put pen to paper. Everything in the Bible came through the hand of Man.

And over the course of five millenia, man's interpretation of God evolved.

Even over just the last two thousand years, Man's interpretation of Christ has evolved to the point that the Church of 150 AD would not even recognize that which is taught today. Compare the teachings of any sect through the dark ages, compare the teachings of "The Church" through the Crusades and the inquisition to the forgiving, all inclusive, sodomite loving God presented today.

People claim, "Those were not real Christians."

But they were the only Christians extant at the time.

So, who is wrong in their interpretation of scripture, and of God?

Or, has God evolved as the priesthood has seen fit to maximize the size of their congregations, and keep the offering plate filled, as well as the priest's bellies.

The gospel has never changed over the years. No one is disputing that people tried to use the authority of the Bible to justify their notions. The same thing happens today when liberals try to use our constitution to justify their moral aberrancy. The answer is not to throw out the constitution but to bring people back to the original understanding and intent for it.

BTW throughout the middle ages their always was the persecution of those who followed the teachings of Christ sincerely.

Check out this chronicle of them. http://www.homecomers.org/mirror/

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Point being, God never put pen to paper. Everything in the Bible came through the hand of Man.

Even over just the last two thousand years, Man's interpretation of Christ has evolved to the point that the Church of 150 AD would not even recognize that which is taught today. Compare the teachings of any sect through the dark ages, compare the teachings of "The Church" through the Crusades and the inquisition to the forgiving, all inclusive, sodomite loving God presented today.

Or, has God evolved as the priesthood has seen fit to maximize the size of their congregations, and keep the offering plate filled, as well as the priest's bellies.

Well, Christianity quickly splintered in numerous versions and offshoots. Adoptionism, Arianism, Docetism, Ebionites, Gnosticism, etc, etc.....

as was prophesied that it would ... but Jesus also promised to continue to build His church in an age of a plethora of deceptions.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Jesus didnt.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
An avowed skeptic reading the Bible is similar to an avowed communist reading our constitution. In both cases there is a determined rejection of content before the the reading starts and there will be numerous objections to the content based on the lack of honest and impartial inquiry. Their prejudice will not allow them the use of sound reasoning in looking at context, applying common sense, or considering the possibility of internal coherency. They start with rejection and look for ways to substantiate rejection.

In fact there is a lot of commonality between the two -- they are both purely humanistic approaches where they get to make all the rules. They plead toleration and free thinking till they get in power, then they use the party/group consensus approach and say we have it to do what we want. Then they will work to oppress, dismiss, and expel all influence of religion. In the end they will create a horror that they cannot control and which will ultimately self destruct.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 07/14/19.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
There are so many things that the church of today got wrong,

1. gay marriage and sex
2. Money, offerings and tites
3. world possessions
4. preaching prosperity instead of making heaven
5. sex, rape scandal.

back in the days men of 'Ggod' use to be people of honor, truth and people who weren't obsessed with things of this world...but today they are filthy rich, beautiful wive, having divorces, private jets and luxury cars. they are living the life of a super star. Now who wants to listen to people like these ?????

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
[

False analogy....The stick gatherer was not out to kill anyone. He probably just needed more wood for his fire, to feed his family. For which he was not forgiven or chastised, but killed..
.let those without sin cast the first stone!!?

Actually, what the stick gatherer was doing, was challenging the authority of the priesthood. (the governing body in a theocracy)

Tantamount to treason in any modern society, and a crime often punishable by death.

Good thing this country isn't founded on challenging authority and no one ever wrote out that challenge in a document spelling out their grievances...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by DBT

Well, Christianity quickly splintered in numerous versions and offshoots. Adoptionism, Arianism, Docetism, Ebionites, Gnosticism, etc, etc.....

as was prophesied that it would ... but Jesus also promised to continue to build His church in an age of a plethora of deceptions.

So are you saying the majority of Christianities are "deceptions".

There's over 34,000 variations of Christianity. How many of them have it right, and how many are "deceptions"?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT

The priesthood did not know what to do, perhaps they would have been lenient..... it was God who ordered his death by stoning...

conditions being in the wilderness, one might think there would be some leniency toward the offender.... keeping in mind
Those Israelites who set out to gather manna on the sabbath were simply told to return to their tents...this despite Exodus 16
saying they were not even permitted to leave their dwellings on the sabbath,( to do so would be deemed a capital offence.)

So the Lord seems arbitrary in measuring out penalties.

now fast forward to the disciples of Jesus who were harvesting heads of grain on the sabbath,
and Jesus defends their actions.

Even worse, the words attributed to Jesus happen to be;

''Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.'' - Matthew 5:17

By fulfill it means to bring it to completion. When something is fulfilled nothing more needs to be done to satisfy it. His ministry fulfilled the law and its purposes and he began the institution of the gospel which empowered man to do what the law never could. The law could only show sin and give moral guidance it could not change hearts. The gospel changes hearts and accordingly their lives and gives them an understanding of scripture.

Until someone honestly and sincerely wants truth and is willing to embrace it the Bible will always be a mystery that they will not accurately interpret because their rejection of truth will not even allow an honest inquiry.

That's complete BS, AND YOU KNOW IT's BS.

Matthew:
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

The Earth is still here.

Read the words on the page. You're as bad a revisionist as Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/14/19.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Jesus didnt.

Jesus was not a man, born of a women's womb?

Jesus was not taken away and trained by the priests for several years?

ETA: Are there any documents written by the hand of Jesus? Or simply collection of quotations written by several authors over centuries of time?

Last edited by Idaho_Shooter; 07/14/19.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Jesus was in the Bible. Several witnesses concurred on what He did and said.

I reckon if God can make a mans hand He can make it print what He wants it to.

Iirc, Jesus was from Marys womb.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/14/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT
[

False analogy....The stick gatherer was not out to kill anyone. He probably just needed more wood for his fire, to feed his family. For which he was not forgiven or chastised, but killed..

Actually, what the stick gatherer was doing, was challenging the authority of the priesthood. (the governing body in a theocracy)

Tantamount to treason in any modern society, and a crime often punishable by death.

Good thing this country isn't founded on challenging authority and no one ever wrote out that challenge in a document spelling out their grievances...

The difference is that US law allows some challenge of authority. But those who challenge authority in a manner contrary to the law get put down. Often even before a court heard the case.. But that is just the US.

Most governments in today's world are not so understanding.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

And a man can print what a man wishes to print and claim it for the word of God.

Almost twenty million people today accept the writings of Joseph Smith as gospel.

How are they different from the followers of Peter,, Paul, Mark, Luke etc of two thousand years ago?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

There's over 34,000 variations of Christianity. How many of them have it right, and how many are "deceptions"?

It is certainly not possible for all 34,000 variations of Christian's to all be correct. And certainly not every variation of Buddiism, Jewery, Hinduism, Muslims, Pagans, Deists, etc, etc can be correct as well.

But it is very possible that they can ALL be wrong.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I wonder if people ever stop to consider what would have compelled the desciples to tell the story of Jesus, especially after seeing Him crucified.

I dont think think they were getting rich or much wine, women and song for it. Were they just such good buds of Jesus they did it to piss the govt and religious leaders off?

Seems to me that, like our forefathers, there was something important at stake for them to risk life and limb for. Paul gave up robbing, raping, killing and pillaging for a life of pain and misery.

You athiests arent interested in putting 2 and 2 together or you would see its the same for many believers on the Fire. You cant swallow that they know something you dont, such as what changed them.

Why would He and the desciples and we say so if it werent so? Are we getting paid for it?

He said you stiff necks would fall into your own trap and you do every time you demand proof.

You demand proof from who created you? Ha. Did you ever see a little child demand proof of paternity from parents taking care of them?
Keep on demanding to step in that trap He set for the blind, haughty and educated. You will get your proof soon enough, and there will be a great gnashing of teeth.

There was no reason for Him to tell you so if it werent.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

It is certainly not possible for all 34,000 variations of Christian's to all be correct. And certainly not every variation of Buddiism, Jewery, Hinduism, Muslims, Pagans, Deists, etc, etc can be correct as well.

Christians dont have to be correct in all Biblical things to be saved, but im sure you can logically figure things out quite well with a brain that doesnt know how many hairs grow above it, a brain that cant figure out how to make one living cell. Yep, put your faith in your genius brain.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/14/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DBT
[

Good thing that we have evolved from killing sinners who break the Sabbath...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

“The major religions on the Earth contradict each other left and right. You can't all be correct. And what if all of you are wrong? It's a possibility, you know. You must care about the truth, right? Well, the way to winnow through all the differing contentions is to be skeptical. I'm not any more skeptical about your religious beliefs than I am about every new scientific idea I hear about. But in my line of work, they're called hypotheses, not inspiration and not revelation”. Carl Sagan's Contact

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And a man can print what a man wishes to print and claim it for the word of God.

Almost twenty million people today accept the writings of Joseph Smith as gospel.

How are they different from the followers of Peter,, Paul, Mark, Luke etc of two thousand years ago?

The biggest difference is we have much better evidence that Joseph Smith actually existed.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
[

The difference is that US law allows some challenge of authority. But those who challenge authority in a manner contrary to the law get put down. Often even before a court heard the case.. But that is just the US.

Most governments in today's world are not so understanding.

The British weren't very understanding of our Declaration of Independence either. Since they were going against the authority of the day, I hope our forefathers are not burning in hell for their disobedience to the ruling authorities.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Arrive in Heaven! Be greeted by the Creator of the universe! No more sickness! Perfect health! No sin! Play 20 questions with a God!
Unfettered communion with Jesus!
Then, as we are being greeted by an infinite God, there will far more....more than I can imagine.
Gonna be good....exciting!
Oh, and if I need a break, stroll on down the streets of gold and over to the rib eye tree.....,"

That's your fantasy and there's no evidence of any of that.

1) If a baby or young child who is unaware of religion dies will they go to Heaven? How are they going to play 20 questions with God if they don't know how to talk yet? Will a baby remain in diapers or grow into an adult?

2) If you are bedridden, die at an old age and are down to skin and bone will you be remain like that in Heaven? Can you revert to an earlier age in Heaven when you were very healthy?

3) Why would you need a break in Heaven?

4) Why would you need gold (or streets) in Heaven?

5) How will I stroll if I don't have any legs? Will God make me some new legs?

6) Since there's rib eye trees in Heaven there must be plants but no animals. Will that rib eye already be cooked the way you like it? So you be won't be able to see your dogs.

7) Why would I want unfettered communion with Jesus? I don't like wine or bread.

You didn't answer my questions about having sex in Heaven.

Last edited by victoro; 07/14/19.
Page 64 of 79 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.