Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

This one....at least for now;)

22 CM
16" Bart 1-6.5" 5R
88's at 3100.

With the stock compressed, even with the suppressor, it's only 37" long.

Dupes 6 CM ballistics, 105's at 3100, with a barrel that is 8" shorter....

Reloader 26?

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by xverminator
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

This one....at least for now;)

22 CM
16" Bart 1-6.5" 5R
88's at 3100.

With the stock compressed, even with the suppressor, it's only 37" long.

Dupes 6 CM ballistics, 105's at 3100, with a barrel that is 8" shorter....

Reloader 26?

X-VERMINATOR

H4350

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's incredible velocity! Thanks!! Looks like I need another 22 Creed crazy....

X-VERMINATOR

Last edited by xverminator; 07/30/19.

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Little 20" barreled CZ 527 chambered in .17 mach4, has killed a truck load of coyotes over the years.
[Linked Image]

I had to do a double take.....thought you stole my rifle for a minute there.

CZ 527 with Pac-Nor SSM chambered in 17FB......great minds and all that.

[Linked Image]

I used this 700 Classic 17Rem for years before I built the CZ.

She's on her third barrel and doesn't see much use these days but neither do I.

[Linked Image]

Tor some reason that little walnut/SS CZ really trips my trigger. Would like to have one in a 20 VarTarg.

I have one in .221 Fireball that might be the finest shooting factory rifle I've ever had. It's no Vartarg, but that's where the Vartarg came from. It shoots well with every bullet I've ever tried in it (nothing over 52gr.), and Reloader Seven. I've got four 527s altogether. Fine little action.

Those small action CZs are the nut, every one Ive owned has been top notch. Had a .19 Calhoon and a .19 badger , both of those were amazingly accurate rifles, James builds a fine product off those CZ actions. My current one in .17 mach4 is a great little rifle, light, handy and puts the hammer on a coyote.

I'm surprised there are so many CZ 527 fans since they have that "backwards safety".... wink

Kidding aside.....they're real workhorses that are usually pretty accurate. I've had great luck with them.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Little 20" barreled CZ 527 chambered in .17 mach4, has killed a truck load of coyotes over the years.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tor some reason that little walnut/SS CZ really trips my trigger. Would like to have one in a 20 VarTarg.

I have one in .221 Fireball that might be the finest shooting factory rifle I've ever had. It's no Vartarg, but that's where the Vartarg came from. It shoots well with every bullet I've ever tried in it (nothing over 52gr.), and Reloader Seven. I've got four 527s altogether. Fine little action.

Those small action CZs are the nut, every one Ive owned has been top notch. Had a .19 Calhoon and a .19 badger , both of those were amazingly accurate rifles, James builds a fine product off those CZ actions. My current one in .17 mach4 is a great little rifle, light, handy and puts the hammer on a coyote.

I'm surprised there are so many CZ 527 fans since they have that "backwards safety".... wink

Kidding aside.....they're real workhorses that are usually pretty accurate. I've had great luck with them.

I had a 221fb the backwards safety caused multiple accidents , shot my house all up - my truck too .
Reminded me of the time I drove a 3 speed on the column truck - I put it in 1st gear smashed into the house - later that day it went backwards into the river .
Anything that's not exactly like everything else - well - I just can't adapt whatsoever . smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kimber 84M Varmint in 22-250. Barrel has been cut to 24". Bedded in a Wildcat synthetic stock. Metal Cerakoted in a tan, stock similar color with black webbing.

Backup is a Remington Model 7 Predator in 17 Fireball. This is the close range rifle, or where less noise is appreciated or when fox or if I'm ever lucky, a bobcat is called in.

Last edited by AB2506; 07/31/19.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Porch gun at the farm is a Stevens 200 .223. It has become known as the groundhog gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I had a 221fb the backwards safety caused multiple accidents , shot my house all up - my truck too .
Reminded me of the time I drove a 3 speed on the column truck - I put it in 1st gear smashed into the house - later that day it went backwards into the river .
Anything that's not exactly like everything else - well - I just can't adapt whatsoever . smile

Just the opposite for me......I broke in with a three on the tree so dad would never let me drive the 3/4 ton four speed for fear I'd put my eye out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It would be fun to see you guys in an old Freightliner, 250 Cummins, with a 4&4 running 105,500lbs. in the mountains.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by erich
It would be fun to see you guys in an old Freightliner, 250 Cummins, with a 4&4 running 105,500lbs. in the mountains.

Years ago I bought a GMC WT (work truck) before I realized it had a five speed transmission.

Never could figure that dam thing out so I sold it.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ol_mike
[quote=JefeMojado]Little 20" barreled CZ 527 chambered in .17 mach4, has killed a truck load of coyotes over the years.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Anything that's not exactly like everything else - well - I just can't adapt whatsoever . smile[/quote]

Even if you can't adapt to the safety Id think for someone familiar w a bolt action rifle, keeping the bolt open when you don't have a target in sight would keep anyone & those in the vicinity safe. Seems Forrest Gump had a message that would be applicable here.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gearboxes aside......I've always said that anyone that's boggled by a safety probably shouldn't own a gun

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Here in Wyoming, "predator" means something a bit different then it does in Florida.

My most used "Varmint Rifle" is an accurate AR15 in 5.56 NATO. It's used for killing critters up to about 60 pounds.

For Mountain Lion, Bears, (both Blacks and Grizzlys) and Wolves I'd use what every big game rifle I have in my hands at the time. In my hands is the key here.
When hunting antelope or deer in some places, any "deer rifle" is as good as any dedicated "predator" rifle. But when hunting in the areas where I see a lot of Grizzlies I have a tendency to carry bigger rifles. I have killed a lot of elk with 270s, but I just feel a bit better when hunting in places where the other hunter is a big bear, having a rifle that fires 200 to 400 grain bullets in my hands. So if I am hunting in the open plains or river bottoms and some of the mountains where no grizzlies are seen I am found with rifles from my 25-06 and up in my hands, but the more big bears are around the more my deer rifles seem to grow.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Around the farm/home place ~ almost always my Ruger 22/77 all weather in 22 Hornet

When I go out calling for coyotes ~ I usually take my Remmy 700 Varmint in .204

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Nice old thread. Lots of nice Predator rifles.

A 204 Kimber.......
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And a 17 Rem. Kimber........

Every once in a while I'll take out the Ruger Ultralight in 223. It's one of the heaviest rifles I have. Not sure who gave them the name if Ultralight, but they must have smokin' something.............

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Heading out on a Predator hunt next week with a new ( to me...) .17 Rem in an LVSF, which I put into a B&C Alaskan stock...

Stone cold shooter...we shall see how the predators like it!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

I roll with a Colt carbine fairly often, when I am not using a bolt gun.

This one one is pretty much a dedicated hunting rig, with a White Oak 7 twist, that has been turned down to a pencil barrel profile, and is housed in a carbon fiber free float tube.

Trigger is a Geissele.

Scope is a 2.5-8 Leupold with BDC cam set for MK262, 77 grain SMKs.

The buffer tube is wrapped in vet wrap, so it does not rip out my beard hairs..

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
LVSF 22-250 and LVSF 223. And I always take the VersaMax.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This morning I killed a coyote with a 223 Australian Outback 55 grain Sierra Blitzking factory load fired from a Savage 24F combination gun, my do anything truck gun. Dumb coyote ran away from the truck, but when I blew on the Crit'R-Call he turned around an ran straight at the truck. When he got to about 20 yards away I poke the barrel around the back and popped him. Made me feel like I was in a Randy Anderson video.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Heading out on a Predator hunt next week with a new ( to me...) .17 Rem in an LVSF, which I put into a B&C Alaskan stock...

Stone cold shooter...we shall see how the predators like it!

Nice looking rig. I'd bet that that stock makes the LVSF a whole lot handier than it was with the wide, flat, forearm factory stock.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 7 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.