Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by hanco
A lot of these in Walmart
[Linked Image]

Movie stars?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Walmart this morning. I found a spot up close to park except it was in the wrong direction. I was going to back it in, easy thing. When I pulled down the lane, the spot was the second one from the end, this woman drives up in front of me. She starts waving her arms and I can see she's screaming at me.

OK, I back out and let her have the spot, I go to another one. Not a problem. But when I'm walking up to the door she is also. She calls me stupid, then an [bleep].

It struck me; Here's a woman publicly defaming and cursing at a man she does not know. She is doing this to a man literally twice her size. Someone who could roll her up like a wad of used gum and toss her in the trash. So tell me, How does she know I wouldn't do that?

Seems like the lack of wisdom that might just get you in deeper than you can handle. A bit of a lack of situational awareness. She didn't hit the jackpot with me but she seems to be looking for one.

OK, OK, telling it right out, it's not just a lack of wisdom, it's flat stupid.

I would have gone to the hunting section and found some skunk scent, tracked her down and gave hear a shot in the back of the head...I mean it's Walmart

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know why but I remembered this quote from a few years back. Always made me laugh.

Originally Posted by cisco1
The only reason to go into Walmart is to set the potato chip aisle on fire.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 700LH
Always amazes me people that will do stupid stuff like this in a parking lot then walk away and leave their car unattended..

I don't know of any stores that have security cameras in their parking lots.

A fart would be visible in some Wal-Mart lots.
I often wait in the car for my wife and daughters, looking around the East Freedom
Wal-Mart lot, every light pole has cameras pointing in multiple directions, there are
ones on the building to hit what the others can't cover.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 07/14/19.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yup. Even the one in little old Kenai has sec cams. A couple years ago, they were instrumental in convicting a murder.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Walmart this morning. I found a spot up close to park except it was in the wrong direction. I was going to back it in, easy thing. When I pulled down the lane, the spot was the second one from the end, this woman drives up in front of me. She starts waving her arms and I can see she's screaming at me.

OK, I back out and let her have the spot, I go to another one. Not a problem. But when I'm walking up to the door she is also. She calls me stupid, then an [bleep].

It struck me; Here's a woman publicly defaming and cursing at a man she does not know. She is doing this to a man literally twice her size. Someone who could roll her up like a wad of used gum and toss her in the trash. So tell me, How does she know I wouldn't do that?

Seems like the lack of wisdom that might just get you in deeper than you can handle. A bit of a lack of situational awareness. She didn't hit the jackpot with me but she seems to be looking for one.

I park in automotive for three reasons...

1) Better shade

2) Less traffic, less theft, fewer door dings and way less drama

3) More cameras.

As for your stupid woman... had one do that to me once... I BLISTERED HER WITH A LITANY OF INSULTS SO SEVERE she ran away.

As for being rude to a lady... Never, but this one won't no Lady

Last edited by CashisKing; 07/14/19. Reason: Typos... as always

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Amusing. Making fun of the people at Walmart, while SHOPPING at Walmart

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is the best show in town.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
Slightly angled, the parking lot etiquette suggests the flow go directional one way.

The arrows painted in the lanes "suggest" the same thing. One wouldn't drive in the wrong direction on the interstate, why would one abandon the same frame of mind while in a parking lot?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Parking is the best place to get t boned. People zipping through open slots, running buck wild all directions and goijg 35 mph out on the open areas.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RDW

I would have gone to the hunting section and found some skunk scent, tracked her down and gave hear a shot in the back of the head...I mean it's Walmart
lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by slumlord
Slightly angled, the parking lot etiquette suggests the flow go directional one way.

The arrows painted in the lanes "suggest" the same thing. One wouldn't drive in the wrong direction on the interstate, why would one abandon the same frame of mind while in a parking lot?

One is law and one is (as you suggest) a suggestion...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Many years ago I made the mistake of going to the Walmart in Selma, Alabama around 9pm just to get some items for the house I was staying at. My friend was shocked I made it out alive or without incident. He did warn me not to go .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The only thing I've ever had happen out of the ordinary in a Walmart parking lot was being approached a time or two by panhandlers asking for money. No pressure or threatening demeanor though. With the majority of folks using direct deposit of funds and debit cards to pay with and carrying very little if any cash on their person I can't imagine panhandling around big chain stores would be very lucrative nowadays.

As far as parking lot personal gripes I guess folks leaving their empty carts out in the way to roll off into the roadway and bang into other's vehicles instead of putting them in the cart corrals would be number one. Number two gripe would be vehicles straddling the painted lines or parked diagonally taking up two parking spaces.

As to the handicap parking abuse I know several that have legit handicap parking authorization hang tags but are physically able to do pretty much whatever they want including walk reasonable distances. There's seems to be quite a bit of abuse of the handicap parking permits nowadays. So much so that I really don't pay much attention to it anymore. Got to wonder what they do when all the handicap parking spaces are taken though -- park where ever they can find a empty spot and walk like the rest of us?

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,381
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.