Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 49 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 48 49
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Go get um, those picts are something I dream about seeing one day. Be safe on your trip where ever ya end up.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Godspeed Birdwatcher

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Holy Kshizzle! South of Ennis here. Just had a pair of peregrines do a prey exchange in the air not far over my head 😎😎😎😎

That alone was worth the price of admission 🙂

Those kind of things are what trips like yours are designed for.

Glad you're enjoying your outdoor exercise adventure..............even if it's not hunting related.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by viking
I haven’t really followed your trip, but what states have u visited?

I left San Antonio with the intention of riding to Yellowstone to finish and fly home from a good friend’s house in Great Falls.

Had choice of two routes; up the Plains or through NM and the Colorado Rockies. Made it 400+ miles to the NM State Line at Hobbs when it became apparent that the heat and inclines would take forever. Turned north, jetted 80 miles to Lubbock in a day.

By weird chance my buddy’s wife was in Lubbock finishing a course, she asked me to help her drive to Great Falls so I did.

That whole process cost me five travel days so now I’m started from the top end working south. If I make it to Cody WY by the 20th that leaves me 25 days to cover the 1,400 miles back to San Antonio for bragging rights. I’ve done 2,000 in 33 days before.

Other choice is head north out of Cody to meet my friends out of Great Falls somewhere, kick back and enjoy their company.

25 days back to San Antonio @ about $60/day would set me back about $1,500- $2,000. Flying me and the bike back from Great Falls would cost about $500, prob’ly less.

So, if’n I DO get to Cody (200 miles) on time I’ll decide then. I gotta say riding south July/August would suck, but then, there’s bragging rights......

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You got the right to brag to me already dude.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Storms training over the mountains to the west finally caught up a bit after the “palisades” rock faces on the upper Madison, but sorta minor compared to the ones I was able to avoid.

I was gonna ride till dark tho pitching in the wet when wet followed by lows in the upper 40’s might not be fun.

Lo and behold, ninety minutes before dark, 56 miles from this morning, in the rain, quite unexpectedly a rest area appears 😎

Shelter, power outlets and drinking water, even decent phone coverage 🙂

If all goes well thirty eight miles to West Yellowstone could put me at Old Faithful the day after tomorrow.

Must be all my clean livin’

Good break!

Been to OF once. Want to get back.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Holy Kshizzle! South of Ennis here. Just had a pair of peregrines do a prey exchange in the air not far over my head 😎😎😎😎

That alone was worth the price of admission 🙂

Those kind of things are what trips like yours are designed for.

Glad you're enjoying your outdoor exercise adventure..............even if it's not hunting related.

Geno

+1

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Storms training over the mountains to the west finally caught up a bit after the “palisades” rock faces on the upper Madison, but sorta minor compared to the ones I was able to avoid.

I was gonna ride till dark tho pitching in the wet when wet followed by lows in the upper 40’s might not be fun.

Lo and behold, ninety minutes before dark, 56 miles from this morning, in the rain, quite unexpectedly a rest area appears 😎

Shelter, power outlets and drinking water, even decent phone coverage 🙂

If all goes well thirty eight miles to West Yellowstone could put me at Old Faithful the day after tomorrow.

Must be all my clean livin’

Glad to hear you found a safe shelter out of the rain.
Keep on trucking to Yellowstone!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
You got the right to brag to me already dude.

Geno

Ya I know, heck, tell most people “I rode to New Mexico” and that does it already grin

A new wrinkle: sitting here wet at about 60F inside the rest area (Montana has really good ones) I suddenly got a case of the shivers, easily fixed with dry clothes and especially my awesome wool sweater.

My little tent holds a small but significant amount of body heat, I got a 40F rated bag, a large cotton bedsheet and can sleep fully clothed including sweater.

In Yellowstone lows are in the thirties w 50% chance of showers which around here I take to mean I’m gonna be wet at the end of the day, maybe camping in the rain.

Then too there’s an 8,000ft pass heading east out of Yellowstone.

Haven’t had to think about hypothermia in a long time. They say West Yellowstone just outside the park is a crowded zoo of tourists. Maybe I’ll look for a wool blanket when I’m there.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Good stuff Birdy. Props ...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Birdy, when you bypassed Butte, you missed your shot at the Pork Chop sandwich. At least get a huckleberry milkshake before you leave Montana.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Maybe I’ll look for a wool blanket when I’m there.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Packing up to move on, longer ride than I wanted today. 38 miles with some major hills, no restaurants en route neither.

Puts me into the lunacy of West Yellowstone late also.

Like I tell my students; life is hard and then you die 🙂

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
......and hey, thanks to all for all the positive comments on this thread 😎

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Birdwatcher,

How many calories do you need to consume a day for a trip like this?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Birdwatcher,

Thats the wrong unit.

Its not calories.....its cans.

Cans of Ensure....specifically.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Safe travels, Birdwatcher.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Birdwatcher,

I’m not sure but you feel it pretty quick if you don’t eat, like right away, and when you do eat it’s like it falls into a bottomless pit.

At the end of the day I’ll eat about 30oz of a granola/oatmeal mix with a half gallon of milk and stop the next day for the biggest, greasiest breakfast I can find.

Basically you can eat as much as you want and still lose weight.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Birdwatcher,

Thats the wrong unit.

Its not calories.....its cans.

Cans of Ensure....specifically.

Don’t know anyone who does. Formulated stuff doesn’t seem to work like just regular food and lots of it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Birdwatcher,

I’m not sure but you feel it pretty quick if you don’t eat, like right away, and when you do eat it’s like it falls into a bottomless pit.

At the end of the day I’ll eat about 30oz of a granola/oatmeal mix with a half gallon of milk and stop the next day for the biggest, greasiest breakfast I can find.

Basically you can eat as much as you want and still lose weight.

How many calories do you think you burn on an average day?

Page 29 of 49 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 1_deuce, 007FJ, 51 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,613
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.