Hop To
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Looks like allot of guys never got the bike they wanted from santie clause

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
My wife and are are approaching a 4 way intersection with a traffic light. We have the green light and are set to cross the intersection when from our right, comes a suicidal bicyclist. He's on the sidewalk, then into the cross walk, on the wrong side of the road, and going through a red light, and for that matter, a do not walk light for pedestrians. Cathy locked up the brakes, laid on the horn, gave him the stink eye, and used some sailor's language not fit for your tender ears, gentlemen. She couldn't have missed him by more than 6 inches. The dufus is lucky he's alive. Why is it that bicyclists think the rules of the road never apply to them?

Why is it that dumb fugking motorist attribute the actions of a few to a population as a whole?

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 07/15/19.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
The bicyclists I hate are the ones that can't ride single file but insist on riding two or three abreast so they can talk and socialize, acting as though it's their right to do so and the motorists are out of line.

What would be wrong with me riding 2-3 abreast in the right lane of this roadway in traffic conditions as shown?

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.0081535,-90.0862556,3a,60y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOMpirwwQ5MliIgXKseBG5w!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dess
Obey the rules of the road like everyone else and I'll do my best to give you room to ride...just that simple.

On what planet does everybody else obey the rules of the road? Without fail every time I go any where I see motorists break the law. Over the speed limit, no turn signal, slow rolling stop signs, slow rolling right turn on red, and the list goes on. I am fascinated that group of adults would expect one group of road users to abide by laws that they don't abide by themselves. When I bicycle, I break the law with regularity. When I do, it will either be to benefit the overall flow of traffic or it will have no impact on other road users.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dess
Originally Posted by Redneck
Only times I wished I had a Cummins: laugh laugh

Yellow spandex seasoned with a liberal helping of diesel. smile

Fair enough Coal Dump Pu$$ies, but I’m gonna tell ya in a group that size prob’ly at least three were Veterans.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Do I follow the rules of the road? Not always, but I’ll do whatever makes me least likely to get run over and I try to avoid POing drivers.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Fair enough Coal Dump Pu$$ies, but I’m gonna tell ya in a group that size prob’ly at least three were Veterans.

And I'd say 100% of them are fugking ass holes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
My wife and are are approaching a 4 way intersection with a traffic light. We have the green light and are set to cross the intersection when from our right, comes a suicidal bicyclist. He's on the sidewalk, then into the cross walk, on the wrong side of the road, and going through a red light, and for that matter, a do not walk light for pedestrians. Cathy locked up the brakes, laid on the horn, gave him the stink eye, and used some sailor's language not fit for your tender ears, gentlemen. She couldn't have missed him by more than 6 inches. The dufus is lucky he's alive. Why is it that bicyclists think the rules of the road never apply to them?

Why is it that dumb fugking motorist attribute the actions of a few to a population as a whole?

I will say one good thing about the popularity of bicyclists.

Those bicycle lanes. Those are FUGKING AWESOME.

For realz.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

I will say one good thing about the popularity of bicyclists.

Those bicycle lanes. Those are FUGKING AWESOME.

For realz.

I much prefer bike lanes to mingling in the main lanes of traffic. But I much prefer this kind of 45 MPH almost no traffic rural roadway to either.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
People drive 45mph on that road?

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Maybe if they are drunk?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That driver was a straight up cocgkhole. The riders were to the right of the fog line and not holding him up at all. In fact the only delay he experienced was in loading the engine up so he could roll his coal. I have seen videos of cyclists catching up with cundts like that. They typically aren't badasses when confronted. They seem to find a degree of humility all of a sudden.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

On this one, oddly enough most are going pretty close to the speed limit. It's Ohio Creek Rd in Gunnison CO. It turns to gravel a bit further up the road and leads to a somewhat rough mountain pass. The only people that drive it are a few locals who are ranchers and tourists. I rode it last week and had maybe 15 cars pass me in about 20 miles. Sightlines are generally good, motorists are accustomed to seeing cyclists, there's rarely ever a delay in a motorist passing a bicyclist. It's a great example of how motorists and cyclists can exist in harmony. One time on the pictured ride I was climbing slowly up and around a blind bend when a couple trucks with horse trailers came up behind me. I just got off the road. We exchanged a friendly wave.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

They have to. They never know when they're going to come around a bend and have a dumb bass bike in the road.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dassa

They have to. They never know when they're going to come around a bend and have a dumb bass bike in the road.

Nobody should ever outdrive their line of sight. If you do, you are the idiot. It could be a cow, a mail delivery truck, a broken down vehicle, a rockslide or any other number of obstacles around the blind bend. I am more than a little disappointed that I have to point this out to a driver that considers himself smart.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Nobody should ever outdrive their line of sight. If you do, you are the idiot. It could be a cow, a mail delivery truck, a broken down vehicle, a rockslide or any other number of obstacles around the blind bend. I am more than a little disappointed that I have to point this out to a driver that considers himself smart.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

So a cow, a truck, a rock slide, and a bicyclist. One of these things is not like the others. Only one of these deliberately put itself in harm's way.

And I never implied I was smart.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

And I never implied I was smart.

I can certainly respect honest self-assessment.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

That driver was a straight up cocgkhole.

Yeah, I know - but it's still funny as hell... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is no place to ride a bicycle on a two lane road, speed limit 60mph.

Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
600 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.