Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Usually try to avoid trouble, but will call out someone who feels entitled to cut in line. Also not very friendly of those who regularly would rather beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess you could call an incident in the dog park last month a verbal altercation. I was kicking a soccer ball for Shadow to fetch. I had been kicking it toward an unoccupied part of the park. I kicked it again and noticed while the ball was in flight that a guy had walked into the area. I said "heads up." He didn't need to take any evasive action. I promptly said I'm sorry. He began bitching me out. I apologized again. He continued. When I had had enough I told him he could go ahead and [bleep] off. He really didn't like that. Somehow, that escalated things. I never said another word. A few of the other people in the park egged him on a little bit. I haven't seen him since, but some of my buds say he brings a stick to the park with him now.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
I have them pretty often.

They mean with someone else, shouting at yourself doesn't count.

But at times it does seem to be the only way to get decent conversation.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I guess you could call an incident in the dog park last month a verbal altercation. I was kicking a soccer ball for Shadow to fetch. I had been kicking it toward an unoccupied part of the park. I kicked it again and noticed while the ball was in flight that a guy had walked into the area. I said "heads up." He didn't need to take any evasive action. I promptly said I'm sorry. He began bitching me out. I apologized again. He continued. When I had had enough I told him he could go ahead and [bleep] off. He really didn't like that. Somehow, that escalated things. I never said another word. A few of the other people in the park egged him on a little bit. I haven't seen him since, but some of my buds say he brings a stick to the park with him now.

Well, he ain’t gonna be caught dead playing fetch with a soccer ball.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dale06
I’m 68 yo, don’t recall ever getting in a public verbal altercation.

I haven't either but I have given a few folks the finger for trying to kill me with their automobiles.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It's been decades since the last public altercation outside of work. I carry pretty much everywhere and it does no good to get into pizzing matches with strangers.

I've had two at my current place of employment in the last month or so. Both were with the same customer with the latest being last Friday and ending up with him in handcuffs. He should come before a judge on Wednesday and be remanded to jail pending revocation of parole/probation. The lesson he should have learned the first time was to not harass my female coworker's, it is a pet peeve of mine. Returning and continuing the behavior is a good way to get me to take action, especially if management seems reluctant to do so. Before this last episode I learned something about the guy and I had the cops on the way before I even approached. Now, I'll find out how ticked my bosses are.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only once for me. I was having a bad day and this foreign driver cuts to the front of the line at a truck stop in front of about 10 guys. I told him to move his ass to the back of the line and wait like everyone else. He says in crappy English hes only going to be a second and i told him I didn't give a shiit move to the back. At that point every one else in line starting climbing up his ass too.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Not sure how I have managed it. But since 1993 I can recall 2 verbal altercations I have had in public. One was my neighbor threatening to shoot my dog. The other was a upset customer at work was going to whip my ass because our shop couldn't weld his aluminum AC bracket to his cast iron engine block. Reading the threads on the Fire it seems some can't go to Wal Mart, the gas station or the hardware store without getting in a fracas. I guess I am just lucky.

I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it.

Was I the first to contribute that in this thread? grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

"The Shootist"
John Wayne

Pretty much says it all!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah well TRH that is a move about over 100 years ago when you could hit some fool in the mouth and not be charged with assault, and BTW if I was that bar tender that was bashed by Robert Duvall for almost nothing I would have shot that SOB with the double barrel under the bar. Both barrels!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am the same in real life as I am on the campfire .... so yes I get in altercations often.... unless I am concealed carrying then keep my head down and move on.
I do make a point to avoid population centers and people though.... saves trouble that way

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by deflave
I have them pretty often.

They mean with someone else, shouting at yourself doesn't count.

But at times it does seem to be the only way to get decent conversation.

It doesn't?

Seems when I keep verbal public altercations limited to those between me, myself, and I...............................................

others tend not to have them with me. wink

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I try to avoid getting into pissing matches with people. Occasionally a business won’t recognize that as the customer I’m in control and I have to explain that to them, but I don’t engage with people in general.

A few weeks ago I was in a gas station downtown which is something I avoid. I was waiting in line and the woman in front of me was staring at her phone so after the third time the guy said “I can help you here” I politely said that it was her turn.

She didn’t like it and I can’t remember exactly how the conversation went but it was one of those where I never once thought “oh man I should have said THAT...” I just nailed it. Felt good. Didn’t get mad or raise my voice, but gave short, cold retorts to everything she said.

“Oh I guess I wasn’t moving fast enough for you huh??”

“You guessed right.”

“Well aren’t you Mr Important???”

“If you say so.”

“Well F-you then!”

“Umm... no thanks... but have a nice day.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
I am the same in real life as I am on the campfire .... so yes I get in altercations often.... unless I am concealed carrying then keep my head down and move on.
I do make a point to avoid population centers and people though.... saves trouble that way

An armed society is a polite society holds so true

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No one bothers me.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
3 in my adult life. 2 were adults yelling at kids (cussing and berating them) that weren’t theirs, and once (in Walmart) for catching 2 adult “men” eye fucqing my daughter (13 yo).

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I had an argument with myself once. And I was right!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

"The Shootist"
John Wayne

Pretty much says it all!
Jerry

Yep. Best line in The Shootist.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Lonerider
I had an argument with myself once. And I was right!!

You may have been right....but who won?

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,938 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,541
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.