Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Labman95
Reminds me of a car, with a handicapped placard, that was parked in a handicapped spot every day outside my workplace. Had a ski rack on the back.

I jumped a turd's case inside Harbor Freight in Reno. The car was parked at the closest handicap space to the store doors every time I went there. One day a big kneegrow whipped into it in that same car, put his Harbor Freight vest on and hurried on into work at the store. I purposely make a scene in the store about his special parking place, right in front of his manager. A week later I went to HF to get some drill bits and noticed the Bro's car parked at the far end of the lot with the other employees' cars. Mr. Dindoo gave the royal stink-eye.

Good on you Sir!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell them you're a member here and it will be automatic.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Scott62
You sure get pissed off easy, and for no reason. You would be pissed if you saw me but chances are you would not follow me for a 100 ft or more to see me having to sit down to catch my breath. Open your a mind a bit and might see that all disability's are not at first glance. People like you piss me off!

So you walk at a fast gate, then have to sit down and catch your breath? Really? Bul!schit. The people I speak of walk the entire store, have no disability to be seen at all. They are abusing the system, likely using someone else car, or "borrowed" the sticker that hangs from the mirror. FO!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some stores seem to have too many and 1/2 are empty at any given time. OTOH, my 92 yo MIL lives with us and we have one for her. She gets around pretty good with a cane but she tires very fast. She gets out of the car takes off but if she had to walk in from many parking lots, she'd collapse. If it wasn't for handicap spots, we'd have to drop her off at the door then go park.
She's paid a lot of taxes in those years and her husband retired from the Air Force as a Chief Master Sgt. I think she's earned the right to park a little closer.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Depending on the day it might take me 1/2 hour just to go down a flight of stairs. on a good day and after I get things working together I can go up them two at a time. Most days after being active during the day by the time I get to evening I have trouble handling 100 yards. Life is what it is and a lot of the time it doesn't look like what it is. It takes a real dick head to assume he knows better than a given person's doctor whether they need parking sticker or not. I have so many footsteps in a day and when I use them up I either stay at home or suffer through what I have to get done.

What the hell give you the right to be a knee jerk jerk?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I am almost 71 and have bad knees bone on bone so there is pain. I wouldn't get a sticker because then I would be handicapped. I can still get around even if it causes a little pain. Keep the spots for the people who can't get around on their own.

living the good life every day
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Done.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This thread reminds me of a time I was waiting in my car at a drugstore with my former son-in-law when a huge, raised pickup rushes up, very fast, in a small parking lot and takes a handicapped slot by the door. He says how *x?#^ he gets when people who don't need them use handicapped slots. I said "Why don't we just wait and see how this plays out". A small fellow with a level of cerebral palsy slowly gets out and slowly makes his way into the store. I don't think the former s-i-l learned much from that.

Retired cat herder.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have one, but it is not for me. It is for my cousin whom I take to the VA regularly. His diabetes has caused severe foot problems. Tuesday he will have his right foot amputated. I never use the placard unless he is in the vehicle with me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And while we're on this topic, bear in mind that some folks with them don't appear to be handicapped but really are....... Case in point - In the late 1970's my father's emphysema was getting worse, it's what killed him a few years later, and his doctor gave him a handicap parking permit because even walking less than about 25 yards had become very difficult due to his lungs inability to get enough oxygen into his system. He had no cane or walker or limp but couldn't even go up a flight of stairs without a break. So he goes to the supermarket, parks in a handicap space with his permit hanging off the inside rear view mirror like he was supposed to, heads for the door of the market and gets a huge ration of chit from some azzwipe saying he's not handicapped. Dad was a WW2 vet and didn't normally tolerate that sort of crap but he was in his late 50's and the emphysema was robbing him of what he'd have liked to do in a situation like that. I told him that guy was lucky I wasn't there with you that day although I might have ended up in jail. So remember that some folks may really have conditions that rate a handicap permit even though they don't look like they need one. IIRC my dad never even asked for one but his doctor just issued it when he saw things getting worse. This was all back before the motorized scooters with oxygen bottles.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I got one last year after having my Achilles removed, the back of my heel cut off and my Achilles screwed back on. Seemed like most of the handy spots were always full anyways.

I had to use one of those electric carts for 6 months to get groceries. I always had 3 little kids with me, 6, 4, and 2 and it was hell getting around the store. There was always some middle aged women that would get right in my way and wouldn't move. Some people are inconsiderate as hell. I think everyone should have to spend a few months handicap with 3 small kids just to learn some consideration. Don't know why it was always a middle aged women that was the most in the way and least considerate.

Also had a 50 year old or so woman make a rude comment about me using a spot just as I was starting to walk again but was limited to 200 yards a day. I asked her if she knew me and had reviewed my medical records. She said no. I said then maybe she should mind her own business.

Reminded me of the time I was buttering my popcorn at the local theater and the woman behind me said "kid you're going to die before your 50 if you butter your popcorn like that". I said my grandpa lived to be over 80. She said "I bet he didn't butter his popcorn like that". I said no, he just minded his own business. Everyone behind her broke out in raging laughter.

Bb

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
A few years back during the holidays I waiting for my wife in the mall parking structure when I saw a couple young girls pull up and take the last handicap spot near the elevators. They hopped out singing and dancing to their loud music it was obvious as they ran into the mall elevators they had no handicaps, but they had the blue placard on the mirror.

A few minutes later a older couple pulls up and stops, no parking spots available they had to pull far away and slowly used their walkers to get to the elevator. Last fall at the county fair in one day they caught 71 people fraudulently using Disabled Person Parking Placards, if they can find that many at one spot in one day it shows how badly this system has been run.

Ted
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I use my handi cap parking placard .after having double knee re placement and having my left foot re built with pins and screws and a steel plate,etc.I need it.I loath the f ers that mis use the spot. At my own daughters school I can t tell you how many fights I ve got into,most common excuse,"I m just running inside for a minute".I finally had a talk with the principle,and she put up new signs,sent a mass E mail and sent a letter home to every students house about using the handicapped spots.people are lazy slobs,the worst offenders?young moms.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the feeling of entitlement is palpable here. laughing

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have a couple fake ones that I got at the flea market.

One of my favorite things to do is leave it on my bike and waltz right into the store.

You get a lot of puzzled looks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i have a handicap sticker now. I fought getting one for a lot of years. A crushed ankle from you, leg previously broken in numerous places and muscle injury, spinal issues, i look normal at first glance but am not.
i could not walk through a sam's club or costgo.
And i make use of those electric carts too.
I was on my feet too much yesterday and at bedtime my legs were spasiming, and my ankle throbbing. You can't tell from appearances what's bothering a person.
when i first took my state application to the doctor, it took him about two seconds to sign it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Labman95
Reminds me of a car, with a handicapped placard, that was parked in a handicapped spot every day outside my workplace. Had a ski rack on the back.

Believe it or not, there are disabled skiers, who refuse to give up what they love to do, because some drunk driver took thier leg. You should admire that drive, not disparage it. Most folks would just give up.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Many are simply lazy lard asses. They tend to leave those Walmart electric carts right in the middle of two handicap parking spaces when they leave, so the spaces can't be easily accessed by other lazy lard asses. I swore to my wife I would never get a handicap sticker, regardless. Handicapped Americans made out just fine for decades, without the stupid ADA law.

[Linked Image]

I could tell you why it's in that position, but it wouldn't fit with your prejudice. That person likely has very little use of thier legs, and had to use the "hell-handle" to get from seat to seat. Probably has hand controls on the vehicle.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They issue placards and plates to PTSD people here. One of the dudes that my uncle lets hunt the farm here has "wheelchair plates" on his f-150.

Damn sure aint anything hindering his legs. He humps a backpack, loggy bayou stand, and bow all over the hills and hollers on the place. Drags deer out with his climbing harness

marinate on that

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
465 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 47 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.