Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Nother.

[Linked Image]

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Ring.. not to be redundant but I dropped my HMR American predator into a Boyd’s, resprung, ditched blade, swapped for a DIP rail, and topped it with a fixed SWFA.
It’s a lot of fun to shoot, so it gets shot a lot....

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[/quote]
[quote=Big Stick]In fairness however,you'll end up wanting a stock. Hint.

Boyds does it best,for the jingle.

[Linked Image]

Just saying.

[Linked Image]

That top rifle, is that a Rimfire Hunter stock? Loved that on my 917. Boyds says they dont inlet for the heavy barrel. Any idea if the standard barrel stock has enough meat to hog out for the heavy?

Last edited by Hawk_Driver; 07/12/19.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Snatch,

I am no fun to keep pace with. Congratulations?!?

Pardon Facts and Physics so reliably upsetting your VERY Tender Feelings,as you do your Melting Snowflake Routine,which is assuredly no fhuqking "act"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your hesrtfor Crying.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

My one and only "Ignore", life is too short. You sir, need professional help!

Last edited by Switch; 07/13/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Snatch,

It is a HILARIOUS constant,that THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks gotta poke their heads in the sand,to "save" themselves from their self. Congratulations?!?

Few things funnier than a Drooler "announcing" Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Bless your heart for Whining.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Boyd's RH will accept a .920 easily.

Hint..................

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was looking for about the same requirements as you are in a scope. I bought Ruger Precision Rimfires in .22LR and .17 MHR. I ended up getting Burris MTAC 4.5-14x with 30mm tubes. These scopes are on closeout at Natchez for $259, regularly sell for $549. The aren't in favor these days because they have the parallax adjustment on the objective bell instead of side adjustment. For the price I'm fine with that. Burris website has a good ballistic chart that you can fill in you particulars and print out . Clicks are pretty much spot on except that the 30 MOA base on the.22LR throws the chart off some at longer yardage. I enjoy shooting gongs with the .22LR at 250 yards when the wind isn't blowing. I'm sure there are much better scopes on the market, but these have worked very well for me for the money. Natchez has always been really good people to deal with also.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are pieces of fhuqking schit.

Hint..................

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Of course they are. I forgot to mention that.

Last edited by ChuckKY; 07/13/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To follow on Stick's post about the deal from Samplelist.com on the SS 6x42, I called them and had a very nice conversation with Brianna. Ended up buying a brandy new Bianchi LH holster that I'm hoping will fit all the handguns it says it will.

The other info I picked up from Brianna may be far more valuable than the deal I got on the holster. She drove me around their website and showed me a few things while we were talking.

SWFA will match, and beat, any ammo price you find on the internet by 10%. That is to include free shipping.

I figured that was worth posting bold.

I can't find a reason not to like these people.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

R
ring3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Got one from Whittaker’s. Really quick shipping! Cleaned it up, scrapped the blade and replaced a spring. A bit lighter trigger pull than I like, will look into other springs. Put a SWFA SS fixed 16x on using the supplied low rings. Had it sitting lonely on the shelf. Hoping for another “Black Friday” special from SWFA for a 6X. Anyway, shooting it now. Getting 1 1/2”-2” groups at 100 yards with a variety of ammo. Pretty good so far. Waiting for some A17 to arrive that was ordered yesterday. Got 600 coming, hope it’s a good run. More updates to follow. Thanks all for your experiences and suggestions.

How often do you guys clean your bores? Is there a “break in”? What product do you use?

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Clean it when accuracy drops off. No need to do so, until then.

DO keep an appliance handy, the Americans can, and do, sometimes have extraction issues. I know both of mine have had issues, and a buddy's two Americans do the same. Keep the chambers CLEAN, the bores don't require much attention, really.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Take your electrical tape and strap the forend tip to the barrel. Groups should shrink.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If my POS 10/22 isn't sold in a week or so, will rescue from LGS and slap the junk Leupold back on.
Cannot find SK rifle match anywhere around (brick n mortar)
Aguila and Eley match stuff in variety.

Any preferences?

Haven't even checked to see what is similar to SK rifle match.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just went to SWFA site and the price on that scope is at 299.00 now and any of the extras are extra. That was a really nice deal there at 239.00 wish I would have seen it earlier.
For the record I do have one of the Leupold 2-7 rimfire scopes and I have had regrets with it. I have it mounted on a 16” barrel 10/22 for a handy woods friendly squirrel getter but I previously had it on my M77/22. The short tube makes it impossible to mount on the 77/22 and be back for enough to keep a decent cheek hold where I like to shoot from. My neck hates to do the stock crawl thing to get a good view.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
R
ring3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

[Linked Image]

Looking at your pics again and into a Boyd’s stock. What is the black stripe around you barrel at the end of the stock? Looks like it might be something in place to provide some contact/pressure in that area.

Did you do any bedding work to that stock?

Thanks

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
I just went to SWFA site and the price on that scope is at 299.00 now and any of the extras are extra. That was a really nice deal there at 239.00 wish I would have seen it earlier.
For the record I do have one of the Leupold 2-7 rimfire scopes and I have had regrets with it. I have it mounted on a 16” barrel 10/22 for a handy woods friendly squirrel getter but I previously had it on my M77/22. The short tube makes it impossible to mount on the 77/22 and be back for enough to keep a decent cheek hold where I like to shoot from. My neck hates to do the stock crawl thing to get a good view.

Ruger makes offset rings

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Steaming pieces of fhuqking schit,on their BEST days.

Hint..............

None of those rifles are yours, getthefuckiuttahere!

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL

Ruger makes offset rings

I have the offset rings, still not back enough for me.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Much as it pains me to agree with Stick (in public anyway), after a couple of quick trips to the range, I'm liking the optics setup on this pretty well. Might not be my first choice for toting over hill and dale, but for no fuss no muss, this is the beans.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,847
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.