Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 49 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 48 49
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Ya, yours cuts off at 40, Spandex Dweeb....

The triathlon I attended (did not race) on Saturday the winner swam about a mile at a 1:19/100 yards, a 25 mile bike at 26.4 mph, and ended with 6.2 miles at 5:30/mile. You might argue that's a TOTALLY different endeavor and you would be right, but you could probably learn.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Turns out Forrest Gump was right; about thirty minutes along I come across a Campfire member (Dave AKA Timbermaster) waiting by the side of the road waiting for me.

Now, at times like this you really do reap what you sow, I mean some guys here are so widely disliked they coulda just been run over, or else left tied to a tree in Griz Country covered in BBQ sauce.

But, since I'm usually polite to folks here, Dave (not the d&&khead, I mean another Dave) was concerned, offers me a ride to West Yellowstone AND gives me a down sleeping bag cool cool cool cool

See, Haysoos looks after his own sometimes smile

Drives me thirty miles here in return for which he graciously allow me to buy him lunch.

Some may call this cheating but the rules plainly state that when some guy you've never met drives 60 miles out of his way to help ya out, ya get a free 30 miles.

I didn't ask Dave if I could post his photo here so I won't, but here is a photo of one of the coolest guys on the 'Fire on his bicycle, BFE Montana.....

[Linked Image]

Dave (the cool one, not the other one) waited along this stretch, it really was a thirty mile haul through nowhere up them mountains to get to the Caldera....

[Linked Image]

Backing up, the view into the Madison River Valley yesterday morning....

[Linked Image]

Main street Ennis, and the Shedhorn, a freakin' awesome outdoors/gun store....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That’s awesome!

Look me up when you get to Massachusetts.

Will do, by then I'll really be needing a pair of 8x42 Swarovskis to continue my journey.... cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JOG

The triathlon I attended (did not race) on Saturday the winner swam about a mile at a 1:19/100 yards, a 25 mile bike at 26.4 mph, and ended with 6.2 miles at 5:30/mile. You might argue that's a TOTALLY different endeavor and you would be right, but you could probably learn.

You stood out this one to give the other guys a chance.... smile

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joken2

Oh heck, didn’t even open ‘em.

Enter in 180lb male, 90lb bicycle, a crapload of hills.

Ballpark guessing your height @ 5'-8", and averaging between 10 - 12 miles an hour, 62 years old, bare-bones bicycle (entry for weight of extra gear not included in calculator), it's showing approximately 470 calories burned per hour of continuous peddling.

(Entry for type and grades of terrain not included in calculator, either.)

Less than 10 mph calories burned drops considerably --- average of 7 mph = 277.calories burned.

Tks for going to the time and trouble cool

I'd ballpark 300-450 calories per hour.

When John Coulter passed through this country in 1806 he was ballparking about 500 an hour, well not him his horse.

Went off the scale though when he was chased nekkid by them Blackfeet.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

You should of said something, I woulda said I was his Gay lover......

Do you really walk into places wearing that hat?

Does a grizzly bear crap out pepper-scented bear bells in the woods?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

That’s awesome!

Look me up when you get to Massachusetts.

Will do, by then I'll really be needing a pair of 8x42 Swarovskis to continue my journey.... cool

I almost posted, “If you make it to Massachusetts, I buy you a pair of 8x42 Swarovskis”, but I’d lose that bet.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually, while El Guapo wears his hat anywhere he choozes, a gentleman always removes his hat indoors. I also eat my peas with an upside-down fork, that's what a Brit upbringing will do for ya.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Very cool stuff birdy.

Keep on keepin on!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It was a real pleasure meeting and speaking with Birdwatcher today! We had great conversation over lunch in W. Yellowstone, discussing our kids, hunting, other fire members, his bicycling adventures, you know... the same stuff we talk about here at the fire. Good luck Mike, hope you avoid the hail and rain on the rest of your adventure, and may a greasy breakfast always be near. I’ll do my best to make it to that hog hunt next year!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
OK, got a camping spot in the legendary KOA Gulag outside of West Yellowstone, one of the last ones they had, for only $55 per.

They asked me did I mind dogs????

Gonna see if'n I can scare up a haircut and a full body wax here in town before I ride six miles retrograde. Used to be flat but of late its increasingly downhill here in the Caldera.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The kindness of the majority of my fellow Campfire Members never ceases to amaze me!!!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/15/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
It was a real pleasure meeting and speaking with Birdwatcher today! We had great conversation over lunch in W. Yellowstone, discussing our kids, hunting, other fire members, his bicycling adventures, you know... the same stuff we talk about here at the fire. Good luck Mike, hope you avoid the hail and rain on the rest of your adventure, and may a greasy breakfast always be near. I’ll do my best to make it to that hog hunt next year!

Dude! You get 100 sleeping bags in Heaven now! cool

The hog hunt rocks and you are welcome in Tejas anytime.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Bicycle calorie app on your phone. Not a bad idea to make sure incoming = outgoing.

Thought it might help with those 11am start times.

But what do I know.

Tks but the system I use is ya get hungry, you eat. Prob'ly more efficient with an app but in this context not needed.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Gonna see if'n I can scare up a haircut and a full body wax here in town before I ride six miles retrograde. Used to be flat but of late its increasingly downhill here in the Caldera.

😳😳😳

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
The kindness of the majority of my fellow Campfire Members never ceases to amaze me!!!

It never surprises but yes, it does amaze.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender

😳😳😳

Relax, I was only joking about the haircut.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by shrapnel
How many calories do you think you burn on an average day?

WAG...... 4,000 - 5,000 maybe?

I’d have to keep track and then look it up.

Kinda funny, but when I think of a calorie burning dynamo, this doesn't quite fit that expectation of a 5,000 calorie chiselled calorie burner...

.[Linked Image]

Ya but check out the schlong cool

Thought that was a giant callus on your taint.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender

😳😳😳

Relax, I was only joking about the haircut.

Swimmers shave to lower resistance. Go with that!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JOG

Dude. He's 62. Maybe THEY could learn...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Dude. He's 62. Maybe THEY could learn...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 32 of 49 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 13 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 671 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,668
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.