Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I loathe the arrogant prixx.
They ride 3 wide with no shoulder.
Fuxx them and their spandex and high heels.

Proud NRA Life Member
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I am amazed at the number of people here who readily admit they don't have the emotional or intellectual faculties to safely and politely interact with other road users. I drive too. I never have had an issue at all safely or courteously interacting with law abiding cyclists.

I have no problem sharing the road with law abiding bikers and motorists. Both who blatantly break the law are ass holes. The problem with the bikers doing it, is it seems they forget that 200 pounds loses to 3500 pounds every fuc king time.

I have serious issues with riders like the OP described and large groups that don't give a damn about holding up motorists. There are other cyclist behaviors that are peeves of mine as well.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella

It takes less time to pass a group 3 wide than it does to pass a 3 deep.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I thought about that the other day when I passed a couple batches.

When there is no shoulder they may as well stack side by side like that.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by Redneck
Only times I wished I had a Cummins: laugh laugh

Funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.

There's a certain psychology at play where people would find that funny and those same people would be ready to fight if someone did it to their loved ones in the theater parking lot. Some of it is a bully mentality, but I think the bulk of it is that somehow an encounter with someone on a bike is less than a human encounter. I generally have favorable interactions with motorists, and I think that has to do with the fact that I make myself as easy to get along with as possible. About 3 years ago around the fourth of July I dressed myself out in patriotic garb and did a 50 mile ride through the rural countryside. I had never had motorists go to greater lengths to engage respectfully. Wider than normal berths as they passed me. Scrubbing off more speed before passing me. Waiting more patiently than normal. Friendly waves as they passed by. Something about the patriotic attire humanized the encounter.

[Linked Image]

Reading about your bad attitude and whosit over there with the 9 mm is it any wonder you get smoke blown in your face
Not to mention the road hogging, like you own it, and the attire.
I definitely keep my distance when I pass a bike but I cannot understand the mentality of bicyclists thinking that they own the road.
Roads were made for cars and trucks and motorcycles, not Bicycles
Do you guys pay road taxes on those bicycles?

Yes. I pay taxes that fund road building and maintenance. I don't hog the road. No matter whether I am walking across the road, bicycling, driving my truck, motorcycling or towing a trailer. I care about other road users and do my best to get them on their way as quickly as I safely can. At the same time, I am not going to apologize when someone has to lift off the gas for a second or two or apply gentle pressure to their steering wheel to move over. Frankly I have no use for a cundt that would whine about that.

You only pay road taxes because you have licensed an automobile which gives you the right to drive that automobile on the road. You may not hog the road yourself but the majority of the group as a whole does.
The only thing worse than you being on the road is a moped.
I stick to bike trails when I ride a bike, bridel paths when riding horses, trails or motocross tracks when riding dirt bikes etc. now just mostly a four wheeler
to retrieve a deer and a motorcycle for pleasure but you get the idea? Try not to take it personally.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.

Baggiest thing I have seen in a while.........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

I thought about that the other day when I passed a couple batches.

When there is no shoulder they may as well stack side by side like that.

When there is no shoulder they should have the brains to not ride there..but no the arrogant pricks will anyway

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH

Looks like the cyclist was heading for the shoulder, but had to cross the highway on-ramp.

Passing three side by side most certainly does not take less time. Sure the amount of time you're aside a cyclist is less, but it takes a lot more time and movement to move completely into the oncoming traffic lane, and then back into your lane. Back when I rode seriously, it was just common courtesy (as well as just plain faster) for groups to ride in single file when shoulders were narrow or non-existent. Or if riding two-three up, to call out "car back" and get single file. But times and entitlements change...

I'll take passing three cyclists one-up in a paceline on a country road over three side by side every day and twice eighteen times on Sundays.

Oh, and to anyone complaining about or defending cyclist behavior as shown or described in this thread - this ain't nothing. Spend a few days driving in SF. Literal home to the militant cyclist movement. Still, I can't condone the "rolling coal" behavior either.

To quote and expand on our MIA brother Steelhead's saying: "People are f---ers, and they abound."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That driver was a straight up hero!

There I fixed that for you!!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they want to be able to have a right to the road they should have to pay a road tax every year!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whelenman
If they want to be able to have a right to the road they should have to pay a road tax every year!

I'm a rider, and I do, every time I fuel up. To the tune of about 1500 gallons a year. I'm certainly not the only cyclist in this situation.

Furthermore, being as I'm in CA, I probably pay a metric s--t ton more road taxes than you do annually. So as you're not carrying your weight, how about you get off my road?

Last edited by Scott_Thornley; 07/16/19.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
That's fine and dandy that you pay your fuel taxes, but you bicycle freaks want more shoulder width to ride on or special bike paths and think the general public should pay for that too. Thing is, you want more, PAY more. Tax the bicycle.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

I'm a rider, and I do, every time I fuel up. To the tune of about 1500 gallons a year. I'm certainly not the only cyclist in this situation.

Furthermore, being as I'm in CA, I probably pay a metric s--t ton more road taxes than you do annually. So as you're not carrying your weight, how about you get off my road?

So by that logic, because we have a car that we pay fuel taxes on, I should be able to buy untaxed diesel for my truck and drive it on the roads.

Try again...

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve

So by that logic, because we have a car that we pay fuel taxes on, I should be able to buy untaxed diesel for my truck and drive it on the roads.

Try again...

Everyone over 16 yo should be licensed to ride a bike on public roads and pay a regular registration fee to pay for all the infrastructure they demand.

Carpe' Scrotum
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Try again...

Everyone over 16 yo should be licensed to ride a bike on public roads and pay a regular registration fee to pay for all the infrastructure they demand.

I have no problem with that. User tax is the most fair way to do it.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Cummins video is fun to watch.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
That's fine and dandy that you pay your fuel taxes, but you bicycle freaks want more shoulder width to ride on or special bike paths and think the general public should pay for that too. Thing is, you want more, PAY more. Tax the bicycle.

What about those gosh darned pedestrians! Heck, tax them even more! What with wanting crosswalks, sidewalks, their own special time to cross the roads at intersection!

How about all you "them pesky bicyclists get all the goods for free" just stfu and realize that for better or worse, cyclists, pedestrians, electric scooter riders by law are entitled to some portion of public easements. It's just how it is. Get over it already. Don't like your locality spending money on separate bike paths for cyclists, I've got no problem with that. So why don't you get out and push against it? But for f--ks sake, don't blame some guy thousands of miles away that has nothing to do with it. Especially if that individual is dead set against it.

Ride unobtrusively, ride like every motorist is Mr. Magoo is my motto. All I hope for is that motorists don't behave like [bleep], just 'cuz I'm on a bike. Minding my own effing business... Ditto for cyclists when I'm in a car. Or did you not read my post about having to drive in SF?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Try again...

What logic? Whelanman applied zero. I responded in kind.

As for your untaxed diesel fuel. I do believe that farm equipment often uses roads in a bunch of localities, without paying that pesky road tax. Why aren't you/Whelanman/everyone else on the "cyclists don't pay road taxes" bandwagon up in arms about that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Try again...

I have no problem with that. User tax is the most fair way to do it.

A fair way to do it is like ATV's here if the speed limit is above 45 MPH no bicycles at all

Edit: 35 MPH zone is enough for bicycles

Last edited by 700LH; 07/16/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Try again...

P.S. I Just realized that as I demand no infrastructure whatsoever for my bicycle, by YOUR logic, I should not need to be licensed or registered. Cool, got that settled.

Next silly argument?

Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 78 invisible), 2,671 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,612
Posts18,398,407
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.