Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ten years ago I broke my fathers rule that you never leave the tractor dealership without a front end loader. I had a new mortgage and the loader was off the table
Well I finally after all these years looked into getting a loader put on my Massey 2605. It took awhile to find a dealership that would call me back with a quote. When I did get a quote it was so high combined with some hydraulics quirks that may have to be repaired I decided to trade for a new one. Also there are no Massey dealers left closer than over 55 miles.

Another thing playing on my mind was when I asked an ex Massey dealer why he quite carrying them and he said the quality of the tractors was so bad it nearly put him out of business.

So I traded for a Kubota L3901. It is a little smaller than I wanted but I believe it will still more than handle my chores. I will have to find a smaller disc though.

old one
[Linked Image]

New baby Kubota
[Linked Image]

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went for many years without a tractor with a frontend loader. Finally broke down and bought one. Saw what I'd been missing, and so I've bought 3 more since then, and all have had loaders. For what I do, I wouldn't want a tractor without one.

You did good. I had a Kubota 4200 and it was very stout for it's size.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you got yourself a better machine.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When I saw the title to the thread, I thought you'd got rid of a tractor.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Nice rig there 1911a1.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As to Massey "quality", they're one of the group that owns Fiat unless I'm mistaken. So if MF quality is down, probably a lot of other brands are too.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I run the smallest Kioti-LB1914 w/loader.
Couldn't imagine not having the loader!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Brands aside, (mahindra)

I use my loader almost every day for something. Storm fall and limb debris last couple days. Transferring oak rounds from staging area to the furnace shed. Moved some junk cars around 😄
I even go down the spring branch and dip out 50 gallons or so of water on occasion.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope at aint a panty liner stuck to the back tar 😬

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC

+1

We run Orange 4 ways on the tree farm.

BX1850 with loader

B2630 with loader

MX5000 no loader

M6800 cab with loader

Absolutely NOTHING but good things to say about ALL of them.

Word of caution...………. ALL of our loader tractors will lift WAY more than a feller should be lifting with them. If you're new to a loader...….. BE FREAKIN CAREFUL !!! Keep a loaded bucket as LOW to the ground as you can. Also...……..if you get a hold of something that ain't gonna lift (like a tree stump or big root, rock, etc) WATCH YOUR HIND END !!!! I put the rear tire of our 6800 over 5 feet off the ground in about 2 seconds one time. Not cool. Load your rear tires with fluid if they aren't already.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Nice rig. The FEL makes a tractor so much more useful.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

Jeebus ya jackwagon.

New tire sticker.

I am MAGA.
1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I bent my 6' brushhog using it to push tree trucks in a burn pile. It bent bad enough to interfere with the blade. I've needed a Loader more time than I can count.

Massey is a AGCO subsidiary. My Massey was made in India. I liked the old school Perkins design engine in it. It was loud though. I only had a couple minor problems besides the hydraulics being a little weak.. It had 233 hours on it when I traded.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Yoder409

+1

BX1850 with loader

B2630 with loader

MX5000 no loader

M6800 cab with loader

Word of caution...………. ALL of our loader tractors will lift WAY more than a feller should be lifting with them. If you're new to a loader...….. BE FREAKIN CAREFUL !!! Keep a loaded bucket as LOW to the ground as you can. Also...……..if you get a hold of something that ain't gonna lift (like a tree stump or big root, rock, etc) WATCH YOUR HIND END !!!! I put the rear tire of our 6800 over 5 feet off the ground in about 2 seconds one time. Not cool. Load your rear tires with fluid if they aren't already.

This: my smaller tractor is very strong for its weight. Make sure your using a counterweight on the 3 point!!! Also make sure you’re in 4wd when you have a load on, especially going downhill. If the rear tires come off the ground in 2wd you got no brakes!! Trust me on this. 😃

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by slumlord

Jeebus ya jackwagon.

New tire sticker.

I got squinty eyes.

It's an inbred thing.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Shoulda got green, but it will do fine.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
thought this was going to be about extricating a tractor after committing a mistake in operating.

Saw one of those yesterday. Guy went over an embankment down into a swampy spot about 25 feet down. Got stopped before the whole tractor got into the swamp, but had a large semi-wrecker there to extricate him. Wonder what that cost?

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A loader is awesome!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 1911a1
I bent my 6' brushhog using it to push tree trucks in a burn pile. It bent bad enough to interfere with the blade........

My Dad says every bush-hog sold should come with a sledgehammer and a welder. ...grin....

I can't imagine not having a loader....I'd be lost as an Easter egg in June without one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by Yoder409

+1

BX1850 with loader

B2630 with loader

MX5000 no loader

M6800 cab with loader

This: my smaller tractor is very strong for its weight. Make sure your using a counterweight on the 3 point!!! Also make sure you’re in 4wd when you have a load on, especially going downhill. If the rear tires come off the ground in 2wd you got no brakes!! Trust me on this. 😃

Two more EXCELLENT points !!!!

I always hook up my back blade and strap 3 or 4 cement blocks on it if I have heavy lifting to do with the BX. The rear tires are loaded AND have 100# iron weights on each........but still not enough. And 4wd braking........ YES !!!

ALSO............ Your ROPS is totally USELESS if you don't have your seatbelt on. Just sayin'.........

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (6mmbrfan, 2500HD, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 1,537 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.