Hop To
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by DubThomas
I stayed in Jacksonville once back in 2003 for a week and a half. Too humid, too many bugs, but DAMN!!!! I ain't never seen so many HAWWWWWT women in my life! And I didn't care that most had been surgically enhanced. I'd go back just for that!

There are Hawwwwt women throughout Florida.

[Linked Image]

Lol. What is that!

Picture seems very Key West.

The cat's Hawt.

He's in love.

Don't hate. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
First thing wrong is it isn't the South. There's some patches of Crackers here and there you could rightly call Southern, but for the most part, no. There rest of the state is a mongrelized mess. The food sucks, too. Kinda hard to make anything taste right with water that bad. You'd think you could get good seafood anywhere, but they're too lazy to bother. If there's any good BBQ I never found it.

I will say that the hunters down there who are consistently successful are very good. The few years I hunted down there made me a better deer hunter. I stuck with it long enough to get a decent public land buck and then hung it up. It's much more worthwhile to spend hunting time on the road going somewhere better. Likewise I stuck with the turkeys long enough to get a gobbler. Those FL birds weren't any harder than public Easterns in some other places. It was just so many people messing me up all the time until I found one and killed it before they had the chance.

There is some really pretty swamp down there like I have seen nowhere else, though. Still wouldn't recommend it.

Food Sucks ?

Detective's call comments like that a "clue."

He's comfused.

He wasn't in Florida.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

lol I think a couple might've tried it at some point. Then they're vajayjays froze and broke, or dried up and blew away and they moved.

Bro,

You and I moved.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Where is that?

Generically defined as any town between Shelby and the North Dakota border along route 2.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunzo
Florida has some damn good food but 'ya gotta look a bit harder. All the transplants visit the same crap they're used to from wherever they came from, Chili's, O'charlies, etc. Hell, my brother in law wanted to take me to Red Lobster! And he's been down there for nearly 50 years. Just not a foodie I guess.
One of my goals on my many trips there is to seek out the old, original, real deal seafood shacks, wholesalers & such. $3.99 a # for crab legs, $3.50 lobster tails, cooked with drawn butter!

With so much diversity of folks it's a challenge to find the real or old Fl. But its a hell of a treat when you do. I used to say I hated Fl. but realized I hate big cities, heavy traffic & overcrowding, & Fl.has it's share. But those minuses are in every state & it's only getting worse.

Get off the beaten path there sometime. It changed my opinion.

Florida is full of fantastic restaurants on and off the beaten path. Of course you have to know what Good Food is .

Where Flave and I live, it is actually harder to find bad food than good food.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Florida is full of fantastic restaurants on and off the beaten path. Of course you have to know what Good Food is .

Agreed.

Have only been here a year and have identified a great place to eat just about any type of food.

Still no good pizza though.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Where Flave and I live, it is actually harder to find bad food than good food.

Agreed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunzo
Florida has some damn good food but 'ya gotta look a bit harder. All the transplants visit the same crap they're used to from wherever they came from, Chili's, O'charlies, etc. Hell, my brother in law wanted to take me to Red Lobster! And he's been down there for nearly 50 years. Just not a foodie I guess.
One of my goals on my many trips there is to seek out the old, original, real deal seafood shacks, wholesalers & such. $3.99 a # for crab legs, $3.50 lobster tails, cooked with drawn butter!

With so much diversity of folks it's a challenge to find the real or old Fl. But its a hell of a treat when you do. I used to say I hated Fl. but realized I hate big cities, heavy traffic & overcrowding, & Fl.has it's share. But those minuses are in every state & it's only getting worse.

Get off the beaten path there sometime. It changed my opinion.

Rustoc Inn
Tark's

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Instead of flapping your gums on here shouldn’t you be working?
🥰

Agreed.

Have only been here a year and have identified a great place to eat just about any type of food.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any of you south Florida folk go to the Miami Boat Show?

Used to be a pretty amazing show. Haven't been in years though. It'd be fun to go back and get some sun in February.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Agreed.

You have to go to Flagler Beach for that grin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Windfall
Food is more expensive in Florida than in the Midwest, but it is pretty equivalent quality wise I'd say and the seafood is more available. It does rankle me some to pay more for Florida's Natural orange juice about 20 miles from where they make the stuff than we pay for the exact same juice back in Wisconsin. Intra-state trucking costs vs. inter-state trucking cost is how they justify it when I toured their plant and asked. Green Wise choice black Angus tenderloin that we get in Florida is the best that I've ever eaten. Florida pizza sucks though from all the places that we've tried. The marginal tenderloin, but the great pizza in Wisconsin I suspect are both tied to the vibrant diary industry here. Great cheese, but we eat burned out milk cow.

JeffA, tis true that near everyone I know in Florida that can handle a handgun has their CCW permit and down there most of us don't go too far from home without packing something. Thinking folk don't wander around after dark where we live.

Where in the hell are you getting good pizza in WI?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I assumed he was driving to Illinois.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I assumed he was driving to Illinois.

Right?

The one thing I do buy in the people's republic of Illinausea. Pizza. Bring it home and freeze it, thaw it and 10mins in the oven at 400 and g2g. Joe's, Cimino's, Cannova's or Maria's in Freeport. Got a Rosati's there that does a decent thin crust, but you can't beat Maria's or Joe's.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I was all set to move to Florida, for the Iguana hunting, when I saw this news story. All bets are off. I'll stay in Montana.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People are nuts. The burden is on the PETA folks to demonstrate iguanas are capable of suffering.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I fished out of harbors from east texas to florida - never seen folks like the interesting folks in florida . Lived in biloxi 22 years never a single fisherman/deckhand/dockhand like these folks , maybe it's all staged IDK .
Likely a bunch of outlaw new englanders who needed to get out of new york -- fast ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I lived in an inland community Southeast of Tampa called Riverview for two years in the early 2000’s. Not a bad time, but I think I’ll stay here at home in Kentucky for however long I have left.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I fished out of harbors from east texas to florida - never seen folks like the interesting folks in florida . Lived in biloxi 22 years never a single fisherman/deckhand/dockhand like these folks , maybe it's all staged IDK .
Likely a bunch of outlaw new englanders who needed to get out of new york -- fast ..

Oh Gawwwd, you had to dredge that up.

Nothing staged there other than them beefing it up a little due to the camera running.
I know who those people are, I raised a kid that was the offspring of one of them while living on Treasure Island just over the bridge from where this was filmed.

Try getting one of them in front of a notary with a valid ID to sign off on guardianship papers.

Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.