-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I saw an article about one of Amazon's Prime airplane landing with a smoking brake and I got to wondering just how many planes they have. It turns out that they have 50 right now and by 2021 they'll have 70. I also came across this - Amazon's pilots earn only about 1/4th to 1/3d as much as UPS or Fedex pilots. From what I've read about their pay scales, that doesn't surprise me.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Impossible.

You must have that backwards.

Amazon....being run by such wonderful progressive people....must actually pay 4 to 5 times higher!

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Friend who went to flight school told me how it works , sounded like a job at mcDonalds would be a better job .

Companies who care about their employees and employees who care about the company they work for are rare .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Lots of regional airlines pay their pilots what amounts to minimum wage.

But hey... It's a job flying...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
Lots of regional airlines pay their pilots what amounts to minimum wage.

But hey... It's a job flying...

For years being in a regional was a live in a van in the parking lot job. Not anymore. With the incredible, and growing worse, shortages of commercial pilots the regionals are being forced to not only pay much much better but also many form pathways to the major airlines for their crews. FAA changes in needed hours combined with the mandatory retirement age of 65 has driven competition.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
An Amazon job ain't much of a job.

I know, I worked for them for 7 years. The benefits are the only reason I stayed on as long as I did.

The benefits were great, until they gave everyone that raise to $15/hr. last year, and took away almost all the other benefits they gave (except health insurance, which is still pretty good). I left, after I apparently skeered one of their hypersensitive child employees and they got mad at me. The wife is still working there, she's fed up with them, too.

I don't buy anything from Amazon, and never will. It's a schitt job, no matter what you do there, whether you fly an airplane or pick product off a warehouse shelf.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Get ready for a schit ton of Pakistani pilots.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Don't know for sure, ratsmacker can correct, but most of the pilots they get are newbies looking for hours. My BIL when he got into the business 30 years ago he flew mail routes for little pay just to get the hours then moved into the regional s then onto the majors where he just retired. He has made the same comments about pilot shortages.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I saw an article about one of Amazon's Prime airplane landing with a smoking brake and I got to wondering just how many planes they have. It turns out that they have 50 right now and by 2021 they'll have 70. I also came across this - Amazon's pilots earn only about 1/4th to 1/3d as much as UPS or Fedex pilots. From what I've read about their pay scales, that doesn't surprise me.

They're gonna get the pilots they pay for.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-plane-used-amazon-crashes-texas-n975411

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Thought this was going to be a thread about a lot of tall, gorgeous, scantily clad stewardesses with guns.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not in Amazon planes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get used to it.

Amazon is building both an air AND a ground force. Right now they are buying EVERY U.S. built Mercedes Sprinter that MB will allow them.to buy (MB still has an obligation to their dealers).......to the tune.of around 70-80% of all Sprinters made here (in SC).

UPS, FedEx and the USPS have cut Amazon so many cost breaks.over the years, allowing Amazon to build and build andBUILD.........like a Trojan horse at the gate. FedEx has seen the light and dumped Amazon's premium shipping option. UPS is opening the gate and letting the pretty horse in........

In under 10 years, Amazon will own either UPS or FedEx.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Get used to it.

Amazon is building both an air AND a ground force. Right now they are buying EVERY U.S. built Mercedes Sprinter that MB will allow them.to buy (MB still has an obligation to their dealers).......to the tune.of around 70-80% of all Sprinters made here (in SC).

UPS, FedEx and the USPS have cut Amazon so many cost breaks.over the years, allowing Amazon to build and build andBUILD.........like a Trojan horse at the gate. FedEx has seen the light and dumped Amazon's premium shipping option. UPS is opening the gate and letting the pretty horse in........

In under 10 years, Amazon will own either UPS or FedEx.

Remember that Sears was once Number One, then it was Walmart. Amazon will crash and burn, just like the others did. It might take some time, but it will happen. Based on my experience in that warehouse I worked in, the poor management practices they show will make that crash sooner rather than later.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 53 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,606
Posts18,454,857
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.