Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by irfubar
Whatever happened to Pollock jokes? when I was a kid everybody had a a good Pollock joke.... this country is goin down the drain.... frown

I'm not trying to be hurtful or demeaning, but it's polack. Pollock is a fish.

Never heard a pollock joke, but I suppose it's possible there's some out there.

Awww...

Close enough for the Optics Forum...

DF

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever happened to Pollock jokes? when I was a kid everybody had a a good Pollock joke.... this country is goin down the drain.... frown

Damn, can't believe Kingston didn't catch that.... maybe he is goin easy on me... smile
What do you think of Leupold?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What did the pollock say to the other pollock?

No idea either, but here's one:

Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and says, "Dam!"

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good grief , next thing ya know Fireballz is gonna show up and make this thread about him and turn it into a pity party...... focus you clowns this is about Leupolds future for cryin out loud....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Damn, can't believe Kingston didn't catch that.... maybe he is goin easy on me... smile

I wasn’t gonna be the first to call Blackheart’s wife a fish.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good grief , next thing ya know Fireballz is gonna show up and make this thread about him and turn it into a pity party...... focus you clowns this is about Leupolds future for cryin out loud....

He’s busy picking fights with jet boat captains and building a toy hauler for his MatchBox car collection.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Heck of a warranty!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jordan you are being very diplomatic with cjc73.... you are much nicer than me....

My first post to him was a simple question:
(Do you believe you would be as "effective " on a shot beyond your holdover distance as a guy with a scope that dials accurately?)

And he replied :
Yes, but i hold myself to a certain distance while hunting. Don't always have time to dial while hunting.

I didn't ask him about hunting..... he made assumptions... then accused me of that.....

He was being condescending little prick......

Because Jordan has a sense of intelligence and can carry on a civilized conversation. You're the prick in this whole thing.... i didn't assume anything. i answered your question and followed it up with some clarification on my end.

So to make it clear for you simpleton.... take me with my hold over and a guy dialing.... at 400 yards... yes, i'd be just as effective as the guy dialing for 400 in a hunting situation. if competition, then no (but I wouldn't be using this rifle either). Is that better?

As for the comment on ... oh what if its 401? We all have to make a call as to when to attempt a shot you're comfortable with, 400yds is a rough limit i hold myself to while hunting, others may go farther, good for them.. I'd take the 401yd shot if the conditions were right. Every situation is different. I may not take a shot at 300yd if i didn't feel comfortable with the situation.

I have other guns i hunt with with holdover marks and use them effectively too. I have target guns with dial scopes to shoot farther at inanimate objects. This started as a my rifle with a Leupold scope, thats it, one example. Was not meant to encompass the entire world of shooting sports. I hope that clears things up. Good day all....

Last edited by CJC73; 07/16/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Words have meaning...... read again. You said you are as effective past your holdover distance using holdover as a guy dialing. I may be a simpleton but I am going by YOUR words.

If you misspoke simply say so ......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by CJC73
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by CJC73
I'd take my Leupold on my 270Wby anywhere and be more than comfortable with it. I have targets with 3 shots touching in the X and haven't touched the zero in more than 10 years (yes that is a set and forget rifle/scope). I don't dial it for shots while hunting, i practice and holdover with a plain duplex reticle

I’d be knocking on wood.

Practice and confidence. And it's in a synthetic stock, so.....

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
If a rifle is capable of touching 3 shots at 100 yards, and it does so consistently with the same POI for the group center, then obviously the scope is holding zero just fine, and is not shifting. That scope would be considered one of the good ones. For now. Round count kills...

Round count on that rifle... probably close to a 1000 now

So, you would have confidence with that combination at 500 or more and using holdover?

Seems a few people had questions regarding your statements......

Battue is one of the nicest most reasonable guys on the fire.... not long ago he had a long thread defending Leupold's honor.... is he now a simpleton?
Kingston is a very smart guy and accomplished rifleman... is he a simpleton also?
Jordan is also very accomplished and a really nice guy...... is he a simpleton?

Maybe I am a simpleton because I didn't phrase my questions properly? I know for a fact in this case my reading comprehension wasn't off because others seen it the same as me.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What happened to rice butt?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LEUPOLD is sticking with the plan—deploy marketing to shame and berate dissenters into the brand lifestyle.

So Leupold uses the Campfire model.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well done Carnac...😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Well done Carnac...😬😎

I could just as easily predict irfubr would show up on any given thread and take a big swaddling dump right in the middle of it, and be right, 100% of the time. Would that make me a genius or irfubar a tool?

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
LEUPOLD is sticking with the plan—deploy marketing to shame and berate dissenters into the brand lifestyle.

So Leupold uses the Campfire model.

I have to admit, that made me laugh.

How’s the “toy hauler” coming?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Well done Carnac...😬😎

I could just as easily predict irfubr would show up on any given thread and take a big swaddling dump right in the middle of it, and be right, 100% of the time. Would that make me a genius or irfubar a tool?

smile smile smile smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Regarding satisfying the golden rule— I’d wager, if Fubar were so endowed, he’d cock slap himself.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My take on this thread.... Thank God for scopes that dial because obviously there would never have been any game killed without that capability... Them poor old timers....how did they not starve...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
After the ban on Buffalo Jumps, it’s all been down hill.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
^^^^^^^
My take on this thread , , , apparently Leupold had a webinar and called us, as a whole, a bunch of uninformed dummies. We managed to pretty well agree that's what they said, and we agreed we didn't appreciate it. About the best anyone had to say about Leupold's performance was "What did you expect? Are you surprised?" Not a good day for Leupold on the 'Fire.

Then, true to the 'Fire, some folks got all into each other's business about what constitutes ethical hunting and good shooting. Much of this centered on "dialing" vs. "holdover." Some apparently decided others were in fact uninformed dummies, although not for the same reasons Leupold did. If you managed to keep track of who was on what side, or if there were only two sides, you kept up better than me.

When a thread starts out talking about a train wreck, if the question is can we make a bigger, or at least different, train wreck . . . oh hell yes. This is the 'Fire, is it not?

Finally, I need to watch my Leupold scopes for zero shifts that may be small, but significant enough to cause me to miss on a long shot. I need to get good enough at reading the wind to determine if the shift is the scope or the wind that day. I can agree with that, because I will have to get pretty good at wind calls if I want to ethically shoot game animals way out there. There wasn't a lot of talk about wind in the long range discussions.

I left out some details, but I think that sums it up pretty well . . . so far.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,129
Posts18,464,657
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.