Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Slope 77,
The Fargo Scheels has Redding and forester dies
Also a lot of forester accessories as well. So the other stores should be able to get them if they don’t have them in stock.
They can also order specialty dies from rcbs, Hornady, forester, and Redding.
Also their online shopping is getting better and usually has free shipping.

Last edited by Dan700mn; 07/16/19.
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Was looking for a model 70 super grade. Called all over. Called Scheel's in Eau Claire, they had 2. asked if they would take pics. and sent to my cell. Guy said no problem, give me a couple mins. He sent me real nice up close pics. Then texted me that they were on clearance. Other stores told me pound sand on pics. Went up the next day and bought one. The guy that sent the pics was off that day, but by God the next day he texted me and thanked me for coming up taking that rifle. Pretty impressive.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Morewood
I like the Scheels in Reno better than Cabelas in Boom Town.

I agree.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Just traded for a new skeet gun at one. Only hurt a little.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I’ve been in Scheels in Kansas City, Appleton, WI, and Sandy, Utah. Haven’t bought a ton of stuff, but it’s all been good. House brand ultralight rod, some wool clothing, bricks of .22s. They carry quality name brands. The guns they carry are a level above what Academy carries. Some entry level stuff but also Browning and Beretta over unders, Caeser Guerrini as well. I was disappointed in lack of wood stocked rifles like Winchester 70s or Ruger 77s. I also know I’m in the minority in my preferences.

Their house brand fishing rods are awesome.

Picked a couple of their walleye rods. Pretty decent quality and lifetime warranty.

My experience with their customer service has been outstanding but they don’t sell candied spiced nuts and pink browning camo like cabelas and BPS so it’s a tough choice

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Slope77
I live in Bismarck. We have a Scheels here. Their hunting and fishing selection is good, but nowhere near as extensive as a Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops. They carry a lot of gear for other sports as well - like running shoes, softball gear, hockey, bicycles, stuff for high school sports, golf, etc, along with a lot of casual clothing, especially Nike and Under-armor.

They probably have most everything you need and a lot of what you want, but don’t have some specialty stuff you may be looking for. For example - no Redding dies, just RCbS and maybe Hornady.

Customer Service is excellent, prices are high. I have purchased a number firearms over the last several years. I don’t think I have bought any of them there - I have given them a shot here and there, but they usually don’t match up well to GunBroker.

That's because the Bismarck Scheels sucks balls. I've been there. Time for an update there for sure.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I’ve been in Scheels in Kansas City, Appleton, WI, and Sandy, Utah. Haven’t bought a ton of stuff, but it’s all been good. House brand ultralight rod, some wool clothing, bricks of .22s. They carry quality name brands. The guns they carry are a level above what Academy carries. Some entry level stuff but also Browning and Beretta over unders, Caeser Guerrini as well. I was disappointed in lack of wood stocked rifles like Winchester 70s or Ruger 77s. I also know I’m in the minority in my preferences.

Their house brand fishing rods are awesome.

I challenge anybody to go to Scheels and pick up a $300 - $400 G Loomis and a $125 Scheels Guide or Tournament Series rod and tell me the difference in sensitivity.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Up here Cabelas is out and North 40 Outfitters and Black Sheep Outfitters are in.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I’ve stopped in a few of their stores recently. Their staff is fantastic. They go out of their way to be helpful. Great store!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The people that compare Scheels to Gander Mountain crack me up. They are so far apart, it's ridiculous.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I live in Bismarck. We have a Scheels here. Their hunting and fishing selection is good, but nowhere near as extensive as a Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops. They carry a lot of gear for other sports as well - like running shoes, softball gear, hockey, bicycles, stuff for high school sports, golf, etc, along with a lot of casual clothing, especially Nike and Under-armor.

They probably have most everything you need and a lot of what you want, but don’t have some specialty stuff you may be looking for. For example - no Redding dies, just RCbS and maybe Hornady.

Customer Service is excellent, prices are high. I have purchased a number firearms over the last several years. I don’t think I have bought any of them there - I have given them a shot here and there, but they usually don’t match up well to GunBroker.

That's because the Bismarck Scheels sucks balls. I've been there. Time for an update there for sure.

When were you last in the Bismarck store? They've completely taken over the old Target location in the mall, about 130K Sq/Ft.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by horse1

When were you last in the Bismarck store? They've completely taken over the old Target location in the mall, about 130K Sq/Ft.

It was awhile ago and they were in the mall. The store sucked compared to the newer ones they building. No offense intended.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We stopped in the one in Billings about 3 weeks back while on vacation. I was impressed with the selection of stuff they had and their employees. Managers walking around asking if I needed help with anything. I wish there was one here in the south. The manager I spoke with said the one they are building in Texas was gonna be their largest store. Scheels was about the best reason to stop in Billings I thought.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Was at Scheels in Reno today. Last time I took the grandkid so he could ride the Ferris Wheel. Took the wife on a quick three day getaway To The Peppermill. Much bigger than the one I went to in MN.

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Was at Scheels in Reno today. Last time I took the grandkid so he could ride the Ferris Wheel. Took the wife on a quick three day getaway To The Peppermill. Much bigger than the one I went to in MN.

[Linked Image]
One in southern KC metro...you must be able to see a good five miles or more at the top of it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
They are not in the class of Cabela's or BPS.

What do you mean by that?

They're way above as far as I'm concerned. Scheels employees actually know what they're talking about when trying to help for one thing.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Our Scheels here in APL is WAY better than Gander-it still exists. Even when Gander was around, though, it was no contest. I'd go out of my way, to the MALL of all places, to shop at Scheels. Gander was only an option if neither Scheels nor Fleet/Farm had what I was looking for.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
One thing I have not seen mentioned here is the issuing bank of the Scheels credit card is the First Bank of Omaha. They cut all ties of issuing the NRA card a couple years ago when there was the I think the Parkland Florida shooting. At that time several companies cut ties with the NRA. So every time you use your Scheels Visa consider who they are for and against.

Some may care others not so much. Just something to consider.

https://journalstar.com/business/lo...1cf1073-a381-5d8b-88b4-f8d8497b8725.html

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I wonder if that’s why my Cabellas card switched last year. Idk. I had to much going on to care, as in a cheating wife.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The people that compare Scheels to Gander Mountain crack me up. They are so far apart, it's ridiculous.

Yes. They've clearly not been to either much if they do that.

I wouldn't even compare it to a cabelas or bps anymore. Maybe a few years ago for cabelas but not anymore.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,295
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.