Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Brother Dave
No one should talk that way about another person's family, nor post pics of someone else's family in that context. I'm not interested in going through endless other threads and comments; I see a picture, repeatedly posted, of good people I know and trash being said about them.

Justify it as you like, it's not cool by anyone and 'someone else started it' is weak. You don't have to care what I think but I'm saying it just the same. Maybe I've done it somewhere in the past myself...if so I would be regretful.

The most creative and vile insults cast to one another aren't even in the same league as posting pictures of other people's family members and talking about them the way some of you are.

Sling all the crap at each other you want. Cut on each other and laugh about it. Pulling family in, either side, and you're in competition to see who's the sorriest.....looks like the competition's tight as you're all in a fight to see who's the worst.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Clark, love the lightweight carbon handle on your 6.5/06 and your choice in spout manufacturer. Care to sell it?😎

Thank you for the kind words, but I think I have you fooled. My friends never stop riding me about the low quality of my amatuer gunsmthing.

[Linked Image]

This week I added a volquartsen grip to a Ruger Mark II target pistol. It did not fit my hand, so I made it fit.

A friend of mine said:

That arrangement is an abomination of Satan.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by laker
Putting together a 6.5-06 and am thnking about putting a SWFA 10x on it. How do you guys like the 10x for shooting out to 600-700 yards? Gun is going to be used on a lot of coyote huntings and also up to elk. Do you feel underscoped at longer distances with the 10x?

I run a 10X SWFA on one of my main hunting rifles and it is just fine. It has a number of elk to its credit.

I know Scenar shooter on here also ran a fixed 10x (S&B) for years, and I believe he still does on a number of his guns.

In regards to your question about feeling underscoped at longer distances with a 10x;
Last year I shot my cow elk at a shade over 600 yards with my 20" 308 that is topped with a 2.5-10X NF.
10x is plenty.

I just set my kids 20" .308 Tikka up with an SWFA 6X MIL/MIL and in playing with it, it is a pretty stellar all around package too, but for a 6.5-06 I would got with the 10X.

My two cents - under 100 yards, the 10x is a soda straw view for me, and I've got to be paying more attention when I put the scope between my eye and the intended target.

With 6x, its better for a close range view - a subjective evaluation - but I find that I have an easier time getting on target with the 6x than the 10x for woods hunting.

At distance - 200+, I'm not under powered with 6x, but the 10x is easier on the aging eyesight for me.

Last edited by AH64guy; 07/15/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My problem is I want a 40X to sight in at 100y and a 2X to shoot a deer at 400y.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Clarkm

Clark, love the lightweight carbon handle on your 6.5/06 and your choice in spout manufacturer. Care to sell it?😎

Thank you for the kind words, but I think I have you fooled. My friends never stop riding me about the low quality of my amatuer gunsmthing.

[Linked Image]

This week I added a volquartsen grip to a Ruger Mark II target pistol. It did not fit my hand, so I made it fit.

A friend of mine said:

I got the same grip.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Brother Dave
F.uck all you people making comments about her and the kids. You're as low-class as it gets and there's no excuse or justification for it.

Dave, you are a hellava person, and even a better man, I respect your a opinion very much... We both know what's been goin on for over 15 years, it appears that maybe he's listened to you??? I for one hopes this shiit storm ends soon, hopefully this is it. Hope all is well up North.... Later

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree Jud, hopefully his friends have influence over him and can talk some sense into him. This nonsense can end...

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Brain, it’s all fun to fuuck with folks, tease redass etc, but to be a complete fuucking [bleep], I’d put my buddy/pard in check, personally

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Matter of fact, I’ll go out on a limb here, I’ll see Larry headup, anywhere , say the next year, the loser NEVER posts here again..... we can set this up wherever he wants...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’ll take steelhead, same deal within 2 days of Larry, kinda a package deal...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clarkm

[Linked Image]

A friend of mine said:

Agreeing here with your friends...That grip is ugly...But the rifle has promise. Grins 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh wow.....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
Some pussies just love to be flogged.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm going to add my $.02 worth in. I'll admit I only read 7 pages of this, I got pretty tired of the BS with only about one post per page that was actually about the subject.

Any fixed scope over 6x(and I'm being kind, wouldn't have a fixed six for hunting either other than stand hunting over a food plot or feeder) is fine for long distance if you are a great shot. If you can put the first cold bore shot from field positions in a desert plate sized target, if you can't there is a chance that you are going to have to get in close to put a kill shot in. A good 2-5-10 or 3-15 would be a much better choice in my book.

Learning to hunt so you don't have to take a 700 yard shot would be even better.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I like to use Kalahari desert plates.....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 16bore

Holy shït

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Partman they made that stupid site for sugartits because rick kicked him off the fire for being a racist pos.

You should call your mom if she’s alive and apologize I’m sure she didn’t raise you to be A so SLOW
. But she is disappointed no doubt

Last edited by fredIII; 07/17/19.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If you can’t shoot a 10x at everything from 10 yards to 1000 yards...... then you should open the other eye. Learning to run an optic (or sights) with both eyes open is a paramount shooting skill.... but also somewhat of a lost art. Good cheekweld helps here too... but that’s also addressed very little anymore.

Seriously..... I ran a fixed 12x Leupold on a dedicated coyote rifle for about 10 years.... and killed 100’s of dogs wig it.... many at powder-burn range.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The dude that keeps telling Partsman to GFY is hilarious....Partsman.....whine, cry, sniffles, 24hrcf mean. Other poster GFY! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 3,197 guests, and 1,454 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.