Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#13984267 07/18/19
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sick of them!

Being really anal about maintenance and repairs, you'd think I'd have less of them.

About the time you think you have all the bases covered, everything breaks down again! sick

Dammit!

That is all. Rant over. whistle

And then there's the guys that don't know what a grease fitting is, or how to unscrew an oil filter... That never seem to have an issue.

Which category do you guys fall into?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I try to take care of my equipment but when it was made about the same time as I was you still have to deal with it. Especially this year. Wettest spring/best hay crop in a decade is putting more stress than normal on everything including me.

An armed member in a country is a citizen, an unarmed member is a subject.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
We try our best to keep up to date on repairs and maintenance etc, but like tmax said, older machinery tends to break. Or just a string of bad luck. Just put 4 new rake wheels on our hay rake on Thursday last week. Had a mechanic come to look at tractor motor and after he starts tractor to hear it run, he shuts it off and never puts in back in gear or the brake back on.... come out on Fri morning with the tractor pushed against the brand new rake wheels and bent them and the shaft that they hook on... instead of raking double with the big v rake, we now have single windrows and 6 hours of raking that would have been done in 3...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Hope it wasn't the new tractor! I hate having to work on things when time is critical. In the past, it was usually my old square baler.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Balers always break down when you need them the most

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
last week was 'breakdown hell' week. Fan clutch on the ranch truck went out, both riding mowers puked(one permanently), rear carriage on the brushhog mower snapped off and had to get a new one because it was past welding anymore, neither Lawnboy would start and had to get a new carb on one and coil on the other, one weedeater went to the shop and I had to adjust the clutch on the tractor as it was slipping under load. Everything fixed now but the weed whacker, but I have my personal one to use.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hate them

Don't care to mechanic on stuff so that is why I am easy on the equipment I do have.

The tractor won't start again and have to jump it at the solenoid. Hate doing that. Need to call the mechanic and see if he get it fixed.

Rented a skid steer from a neighbor. Ready to buy my own but then I'd have another piece of equipment to maintain and repair.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Right now, I have oil leaks on both my tractors that need fixing. The little tractor is leaking at the front wheel, and I'm sure it's just a seal. The other tractor is leaking oil where the lift arms attach, and there is seal in that housing. I bought the seal, and was going to replace it myself, until I figured out it was going to be a bigger job than I wanted to get into. I've got it scheduled to go into the shop next week, and then I'll schedule the smaller tractor.

I usually do as much of my repair work as I can, and I do all the servicing, such as oil changing, and other required maintenance.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Machines don't break down just sitting in the shed now, do they? laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Break Downs

The only thing worse than not having what you need to do a job is having what you need and it being broke down.....

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I would love to make it tbrought the day without a dead batterie flat tire or a hydrolic leak....lately everything I have touched has broke...
Got a brand new generater out of the shed tonight to pump water for cattle..had to drain the bad gas and the fitting broke off the tank...I jerry rigged it and mad it work but good grief what a cheap made piece of crap....Honda too..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
if I have 2 spare tires for my trailer I will have 3 flats .just how my luck is

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I always followed the old rule about not talking about flats.... grin

You start talking about them, they raise their ugly heads!

Knock on wood...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
And it continues... frown

Shop air compressor took a dump today.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My old man used to say “ if it was rainin pu$$y, I’d get hit with a d!ck”

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Everything I touch breaks.

I get it all fixed, but it always seems to go harder than it should.

Such is life.

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by hardway
My old man used to say “ if it was rainin pu$$y, I’d get hit with a d!ck”

Hahahaha!

Yep.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's been raining nothing but pussy on me lately.

Patiently waiting for something to go wrong.....

That should have jinxed it for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
THIRD time fixing the infamous Kohler Courage valve cover leak on my Husqvarna lawn tractor since I bought it in 2012. I did it myself this time instead of letting the shop do it. I used the Permatex copper gasket maker instead of the cork gasket, I'll see how long that lasts. First time mowing afterwards the dipstick jumps out and spewed oil everywhere, a bungee cord holds it down, now. Evidently the rubber o-ring on the dipstick is compressed due to age, I don't even want to know how much the dealer would charge for that item.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is that Kohler breathing.
Sounds like the crankcase isn't being vented.
That would blow gaskets, or the dipstick.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
648 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 71 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.