Hop To
Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by EIB0879
I love it when people point out all of the negatives about Texas. Hopefully, this will keep a lot of people away.

This^^^^.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I pay no money. I have, by the grace of God, saved some peoples, or their relatives, eye from disease or injury or just became friends over years of treating their chronic ocular condition.

Often it has resulted in my hunting less than prime or top quality places for many years or i have been restricted only to does or small bucks or only birds and varmints.

Many years ago i often had no place to hunt other than some friends and relatives places in E Texas. Later, i did pay something like $1000 on a place a few years for turkey spring and fall, 4-5 deer with one to be a good buck and one cull, dove, quail, ..

AFAIC we all pay some price for our overpopulation whether to draw a tag or lease quality hunting.

Texas land owners are able to manage their game by cutting predator populations through effective methods.

So far not a single Texan has been able to say how much they pay for their lease.
i did but i only went in on that because of my brother, my parents owned land in duval county but had to sell it in 2008 to help cover the cost of my mothers cancer treatments. I've lived here my whole life so have enough friends that i always have a place to hunt. that makes me fortunate. people who just move here will takes years to build up a network of friends like that, if they ever do.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

I wish i had a good place to hunt big whitetails.

Concur with Roger.

Took me a lot of years and effort to find the places I go now.

One of the hardest things is finding an area where all of the landowners stand on their hunters to keep them from shooting young bucks.

These were off limits to allow them to continue to grow and also to improve the genetics of the population.

Photo credit to one of my friends with a big lens.

These are just native deer allowed to grow up to full maturity. No imported genetics and the neighboring ranches have the same rules so when they move around during rut they are not shot.

All of the landowners and ranch managers are on the same page and make sure hunters clearly understand the rules.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
My lease is 2000.00 per year. You get in prime South Texas, a lease will cost 6000.00 and up. My piney woods lease was a 1000.00. It varies across the state. Some guys I know hunt 20 miles from me and pay 1200 per year, but no water on that place. We have a big spring fed creek running through our lease.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by hanco; 07/18/19.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I remember a little while ago (I can't find the post) about all the great new pro-gun laws the Texas legislature has just passed. I scanned through them and Michigan has had most of them for years. The only ones I remember is MI has always had open carry and we've been able to keep pistols locked in cars in parking lots of prohibited facilities.
Fifteen years ago, my wife and I went on a hiking trip in Ireland on our honeymoon. There were two middle aged sisters on it who had left their husbands in Dublin. They were quite well-to-do. The one's "job" was managing the family trust. They were nice and kept inviting us down to Austin, saying "we have some really nice lakes down there". I responded with we have some nice ones up where we are, too, in fact we call them "Great Lakes". Texans just think the world revolves around them...

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I moved to Texas 38 years ago from Pennsylvania.(about 7 oil booms ago for those in the biz). Was lucky enough to become good friends with a guy who has 100 acres of prime bottomland between Blanco and Johnson City that is overrun with deer, hogs, and turkey. The only time I paid to hunt was when I went back to PA to hunt with Dad and my brother, who leased a small farm in eastern Pa.

Then it turned out the farm in PA was right in the middle of the Marcellus play, and they built a large natural gas pipeline right down the middle of the place, and the widow no longer leases it for hunting...….I think that qualifies as ironic!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Originally Posted by viking
So your saying you can tell a Texan, but you can’t tell em much.

They're easy to spot.

Always angry and can't figure out a proper tip.

The Texan oil field trash in the Bakken also tends to be the most loud and obnoxious, while their big stupid lifted pickups are run off into the ditch after the first snowstorm.

Why would there be Texans in the Baaken? We have oilfield trash from all over the country here because there's not enough workers. Why would they be up there? The Permian is 10 times what the Baaken will ever be.

Last edited by JGRaider; 07/18/19.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jeffbird

I wish i had a good place to hunt big whitetails.

Concur with Roger.

Took me a lot of years and effort to find the places I go now.

One of the hardest things is finding an area where all of the landowners stand on their hunters to keep them from shooting young bucks.

These were off limits to allow them to continue to grow and also to improve the genetics of the population.

Photo credit to one of my friends with a big lens.

These are just native deer allowed to grow up to full maturity. No imported genetics and the neighboring ranches have the same rules so when they move around during rut they are not shot.

All of the landowners and ranch managers are on the same page and make sure hunters clearly understand the rules.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice post and pics!...., this thread was sucking so bad it was starting to remind me taking I-10 across Texas, just a long ways with a lot of nothing...

Took damn near 400 posts to get one with some substance! Thanks.............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It has been very entertaining. Nothing gets the masses here stirred up like Flave's trolling about Texas, and subjects regarding Leupold and the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JGRaider

They're easy to spot.

The Texan oil field trash in the Bakken also tends to be the most loud and obnoxious, while their big stupid lifted pickups are run off into the ditch after the first snowstorm.

Why would there be Texans in the Baaken? We have oilfield trash from all over the country here because there's not enough workers. Why would they be up there? The Permian is 10 times what the Baaken will ever be.

When the Baaken was booming, there were people from everywhere, even AK.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Did it mention that all beaches and navigable waterways are public

Bragging or complaining? because you sure bitch and moan about public land in the western states.

Nope. We have four National Forests, lots of ACOE and State Type II public land within an hour of me. I bitch about people that think public places are their sole possession and believe the Federal Government is their savior.

"Owning" a river or beach is the same as those gated roads on private property that prohibit sole access to somewhere you have a right to be.

So now it is not ok for Texas billionaires to buy hundreds of thousands of acres in Idaho and lock gates that give access to public land that has in the past always been open to the public?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Four to six thousand dollars a year just to go sit in a box and ground sluce a fugg'n deer?

That's one hellofa lot of fine steak dinners at nice restaurants. Deer meat ain't ever tasted $6,000 good. Those blinds better come with hookers and good whiskey for that much scratch.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ironbender

They're easy to spot.

When the Baaken was booming, there were people from everywhere, even AK.

I find that hard to believe, no offense, that the Baaken was booming while the Permian wasn't?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Just what i know. Two fellers' employers sent the because of the skills/certs they had, and were needed.

There were so many people from elsewhere, they were spending ND winters in travel trailers. lol

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Youper
Texas might be O. K. if it weren't for all the Texans. Still a lot of problems though.

Yep, unlike Mi with mosques on every block, rite? grin

We have a lot fewer Muslims than you have Mexicans. Ours work. Who owns your gas stations and 7-11s down there? smile

You may not realize it but there is a healthy population of good hardworking mexicans in Texas and many who contribute greatly in our nations military endeavors with no hx of turning on our forces when engaged with the enemy in the middle east.

Lot of folks in the EU felt similar to you and are now changing their mind re their mistake. Good luck.

First, have you ever been to Europe or do you just sit in your dark little room watching hate videos? I've been to almost every country in western Europe and they aren't being "overrun" by Muslims.
You have hardworking Mexicans; we have hardworking Middle Easterners. I bet that you have a lot more Mexican gangbangers/murderers than we have Muslim terrorists.
Many of the Middle Easterners we have are Lebanese Christians (think Danny Thomas, he was from here) and Iraqi Chaldeans, who are also Christians.
I don't understand how anyone as well educated as yourself can be so ignorant on so many subjects.

40,000 knife incidents in the past yr. No wonder i just live in my room. Well, ive had relatives visit the schiett hole and relatives native to Sweden scare me away.

I guess these are due to the Lebanese Christians, huh?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...cy-record-stabbing-homicides/3470942002/

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll take a hard working mexican over a muslim any day, every day.

Agreeing here...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by tzone

[Linked Image]

It's cute that you think that's thick.
Are you being intentionally dense? Look at the thick dead love grass undrr the buck in the top pic. Its hard to track down a buck in that.

Who said i thot that pic was thick? I said you can hunt in that, meaning you can track deer up.

I know South Texas brush country. A lot of areas are too thick to crawl through.

The Big Thicket country of East Texas i hunt yearly have pleny of places you cant see more than 15-20 -yards, or in new growth pine pine you cant see 5 yards.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/18/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Four to six thousand dollars a year just to go sit in a box and ground sluce a fugg'n deer?

That's one hellofa lot of fine steak dinners at nice restaurants. Deer meat ain't ever tasted $6,000 good. Those blinds better come with hookers and good whiskey for that much scratch.

Crazy isn't it? I say more power to the landowner for securing the lease money, and good for the hunter who wants to do that. It's always laughable to me that people whine and cry about how and where a guy chooses to hunt. Even though feeder hunting isn't really my cup of tea (I'll do it for Axis deer) I fail to see much difference in hunting over a feeder and sitting in a tree stand over a green field/food plot on 50 acres of ground in the Midwest when it's 5* outside and the deer have nothing else to eat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By all accounts the worst part of Minnesoduh is the Twin Cities area.

I challenge anyone to pit that against the least desirable areas of Texas.

Can’t say....But, I would put Portland and Seattle as the top 2 shítholes in the US...Most major cities in CA are plug & play before or after The PNW big cities 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m glad I got to see Western Europe when I did, before the world flushed their collective toilets and flushed humanshit upon the civilized world. I have family that have been there recently and said they’d never go back, at least not until it’s cleaned up. Now is a good time to explore much of Eastern Europe since they seem to have been smarter about their immigration policies.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (300jimmy, 10Glocks, 41rem, 300_savage, 264mag, 11 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,441
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.