Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Springcove
I will have a wolf tag in my pocket when I head to Idaho this October. A hunting buddy saw one last year but couldn’t get a shot. Hopefully he does better this year...

Utah doesn’t have wolves. Just big coyotes and little coyotes...
You're coming to Idaho with A wolf tag? As in ONE tag? Don't you know you can buy 5 of them and they're dirt cheap compared to other big game tags? In the north, the season is open year round and 8 months in much of the south. If you find a wolf, likely it won't be alone. You need several of those CHEAP tags so you can take luxurious skins home to your wife and friends. It's the best big game hunting deal that Idaho offers.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=Goosey]Wolf populations have only recovered in Minnesota and Wisconsin, yet the Fish and Wildlife Service wants to withdraw protections for wolves even in places where the populations have not yet recovered! Doesn't sound like a good idea to me

Were spent years trying to eliminate them! Now they’re back! Let’s eliminate them again.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The enviro weenies never in their wildest dreams thought that wolves would become big game animals. Their plan was to use wolves to reduce game numbers to such low levels than hunting would have to be stopped entirely. It backfired on them in many places. In ID, MT, WY, and some other states, the fish and game depts want them kept under control and are willing to work with the feds to have hunting seasons. Obviously, MN, WI, and others don't have the kind of game management that we have in the west.

― George Orwell

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Were have you been. There was only suppose to be 100 +
Wolves in the so called reintroduction now there is 990 by Goverment counts. I bet theres a helluva lot more.

Exactly , there were only supposed to be 100+ . Anything over that needs to be zapped no Questions asked

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ol_mike
304 views 5 people commented they signed up , wonder how many took the time to sign -- 5% would be my guess .

takes only a couple minutes........do it

received two confirmations that it was received

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by ol_mike
304 views 5 people commented they signed up , wonder how many took the time to sign -- 5% would be my guess .

takes only a couple minutes........do it

received two confirmations that it was received

I already did it - just saying that the vast majority here won't take to 1-2 minutes it takes to help the cause . Just like paying attention about what is going on in our country - most just let others do all the work - the ' the ballgame is on ' type do-nothings . Never speaking up will someday allow the outlawing of firearms too .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Goosey
Wolf populations have only recovered in Minnesota and Wisconsin, yet the Fish and Wildlife Service wants to withdraw protections for wolves even in places where the populations have not yet recovered! Doesn't sound like a good idea to me!

Obviously are just a troll and don't know shyte, Forgot MI so I know you have no clue. We have a problem and they need to be managed through hunting also.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
To a liberal, there is no quantity of wolves that they will consider them recovered. They want more and more to decimate the ungulate populations. This is an anti-hunting ploy, nothing more.

― George Orwell

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
To a liberal, there is no quantity of wolves that they will consider them recovered. They want more and more to decimate the ungulate populations. This is an anti-hunting ploy, nothing more.

Many years ago on predator masters website someone posted some information produced by the the wolf lovers , hunter-haters , gun grabbers . I read the article and it made perfect sense to me , it was probably a think-tank commies that came up with it - just another step towards gun control . Plus they brainwashed thousands of school age & college students that anybody who would kill a wolf is no different than a person who would kill a human .
One person on predator masters commented how all the sudden city boy/girl college kids are all riled up about a wolf , when before they had never it given such things a thought .
The media , schools even some churches are brainwashing operations - bringing up generations of people who hate hunters - gun owners .

Point out that wolves have decimated the big game populations in many areas the lefties will answer 'nature will balance itself out like it always has' hunters & biologist need to shut up and go away .
Per the comment/article on predator masters site - OMG did huge numbers of people get a laugh about the tinfoil hat wearers who actually believe the whole wolf thing was to shut down hunters/outfitters and more brainwashing youth against guns and gun people . That website has a bunch of stupidass people and I believe it's owned by lefties now .

Last edited by ol_mike; 07/18/19.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another example of passing legislation based on emotion rather than common sense. Liberals are all about emotion.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Done

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i signed up, wolves here in Minnesota are a huge problem !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Years ago, I got my hands on a magazine from one of the anti hunting groups. They had an article about how their long range plan was to use large predators to reduce game animal numbers to the point that hunting would have to be eliminated. I thought it was nonsense and threw the magazine away. That was a big mistake as it was proof of what their real agenda was. Since then, they got some of their people into high places in the FWS, Forest Svc., etc. Then came the push to introduce the wolves. It took them a lot of years, but they got the job done. Yes, it most certainly is an anti-hunting thing.
They made mistakes and the wolves got to be game animals in a few states. We almost had a grizzly season last year but they were able to find a federal judge to stop it at the last minute. I doubt we'll ever see a griz season. They learned from their mistakes with the wolves and now they know how to manipulate judges to block it.

― George Orwell

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I think managing wolves as a big game animal is probably a good idea. Going all hysterical and attempting to eliminate all wolves is probably not. Same with bears, cougars, lynx, wolverines, badgers, eagles and every other predator. I love hunting, I love wilderness, and I love wild things. When I am camping alone, far from anyone, I like to hear the wolves howl, the elk bugle, or the grizzly turning rocks. The experience would be diminished if any one were missing. There is huge amount of BS on both sides of the issue and I suspect it is wise to listen to neither one.
Here, in BC, there is an effort to save the remnants of a mountain caribou herd. As part of this effort, wolves have to be cobtrolled because the herd can tolerate little predation and they are a relatively easy target for the wolves. Now, the caribou herd did not end up in it's current condidtion due to predation by wolves. That was caused by habitat destruction more than anything but now, the wolves are a threat to the remaining herd. Although it is entirely possible it is too little too late, controlling the wolf population in this instance is justified. Controlling predator numbers
is also necessary if we wish to reduce the pendulum swing which is typical of a natural ecosystem and maintain populations of specific prey groups. This is why I think wolves, and other predators, may be treated as game species and managed that way.
By the way, I am also in agreement with allowing landowners and livestock producers to control predators on their own property. I do so and see no reason why anyone should not. On the other hand, rangeland is another matter and there, predators are a game animal. Shooting a predator to protect livestock is, generally, acceptable but is often difficult to define. If a cougar is stalking a foal, there is little doubt. If grizzly is eating berries but looks like he might want a beef steak one day, that's not reason enough.
In the end, I doubt that any federal govt. can manage anything. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Goosey
Wolf populations have only recovered in Minnesota and Wisconsin, yet the Fish and Wildlife Service wants to withdraw protections for wolves even in places where the populations have not yet recovered! Doesn't sound like a good idea to me!
A lot of good ideas probably don't seem good to you. Is it a good idea to spend millions of taxpayer dollars to plant "new wolves" - that actually are hybrids with other species - to do damage in the midst of ranch and agricultural areas, particularly when they have never learned to hunt and kill their natural prey? And, after all of that wasted expense and propaganda huffing by bureaucrats and self-proclaimed "environmentalists", these things here still cannot proliferate as "wolves". These animals have merely been a tool in a typical ant-establishment ploy - bad behavior by poor citizens. Is that a good idea?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
When’s wolf fur prime? I got a Montana elk tag and just got back home from a scouting trip. The park ranger I bumped into one day told me to have a wolf tag in pocket during elk season. I have zero problems killing wolves but would like a nice fur to show off.
I’m in the process of buying a home in Montana and look forward to trapping out there.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Years ago, I got my hands on a magazine from one of the anti hunting groups. They had an article about how their long range plan was to use large predators to reduce game animal numbers to the point that hunting would have to be eliminated. I thought it was nonsense and threw the magazine away. That was a big mistake as it was proof of what their real agenda was..

That's always been the plan. Once Deer and Elk numbers are down a Judge will shut down the big game season.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Done

Do not pray for an easier life, Pray to be stronger men
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Years ago, I got my hands on a magazine from one of the anti hunting groups. They had an article about how their long range plan was to use large predators to reduce game animal numbers to the point that hunting would have to be eliminated. I thought it was nonsense and threw the magazine away. That was a big mistake as it was proof of what their real agenda was..

That's always been the plan. Once Deer and Elk numbers are down a Judge will shut down the big game season.
Sage grouse numbers have been way down in recent years. There are lots of suggestions as to exactly why and possibly all are somewhat correct. The antis are screaming to shut down the season but the IDFG keeps a season going for 7 days with a 1 bird limit. That's hardly worth going out for but it is a season. I don't know a single person who hunts them any more. I'm thinking that their idea is to show that we still have huntable numbers to keep the feds from declaring them endangered. If that happened, it would affect a lot more than just the grouse season. It could affect everything from cattle grazing to deer hunting to 4 wheeling.

― George Orwell

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Done. Thanks for the link.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
171 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 14 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,908
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.