Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
crazy laugh laugh laugh

1974 Robin egg blue with black vinyl top 4 door dodge dart????

Last edited by renegade50; 07/17/19.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The son of one of my hunting partners got a swinging deal on a car with hail damage. It was a very low mileage car with lots of almost invisible dents. I suggested that he look into this.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by renegade50
crazy laugh laugh laugh

That's called Mexican Wedding Tux Blue around here.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
crazy laugh laugh laugh

BALLIN"!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

A good 5 years ago or longer ago my son had some hail dent damage on one of their vehicles and had them fixed by one of those kind of places that specialize in minor dent removal. He drives it as his work car now and you still can't tell where the dents were.

I've heard that dry ice can be used to pull small, shallow dents out sometimes, too.

I have to wonder though if a dent in a steel, aluminum or plastic body panel caused it to stretch very much how or if they make it shrink back to original thickness..

Wonder if they can pull out dents in fiberglass, too?.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Do not hold your breath, the "magic" does not last very long IME...

This is the second time I went to the place. The first time a walnut fell from a tree while I was driving down the road and put a slight ding in my car. I expected them to be able to fix that one. It wasn't that bad.

It's never come back.

These were a bit worse. I didn't expect them to be able to do as good of a job. But they did.

Could be due to differences in the weather. I hear it gets pretty cold in Alaska.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My late stepson was doing that for the Ford dealership here in Tucson. Seems he also got farmed out to many of the other dealerships as well. He told me that the newer Ford trucks with the aluminum bodies were very hard to do and in most cases it never turned out to be a good job. Had something to do with metal stretch or memory. I forget exactly how he explained it. I do remember how busy he was though. Seemed like he averaged 10 to 12 hour workdays. He did customer's vehicles and the trade ins brought in when someone bought a new vehicle.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Nah,..it's the Batmobile,...a black sedan.

I'm thinking about going retro on it with some cherry bomb glass packs and some BF Goodrich T/A radials on Cragar S/S mags.

Pimp that biotch bro.

21's with some low profiles and spinners.

LEDs in the wheel wells an scheidt.

Get with the times.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PJGunner
My late stepson was doing that for the Ford dealership here in Tucson. Seems he also got farmed out to many of the other dealerships as well. He told me that the newer Ford trucks with the aluminum bodies were very hard to do and in most cases it never turned out to be a good job. Had something to do with metal stretch or memory. I forget exactly how he explained it. I do remember how busy he was though. Seemed like he averaged 10 to 12 hour workdays. He did customer's vehicles and the trade ins brought in when someone bought a new vehicle.
Paul B.

The difference in metals might make a difference... but now I gotta slap a magnet on it and see if it is aluminum...
wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had my new truck for a year when we had a pretty bad hailstorm here, and I took my Frontier to the local body shop. After it was all said and done, my little pickup still looks like new. I got hit pretty hard on that, but not as hard as the insurance company did. There was/is a traveling bunch of bodyworkers who came in and did all that work, as the body shop was already buried under their normal workload.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The good ones are pretty amazing. I have had it done to a couple of vehicles. Never had them come back in any way

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
They are going to start getting wealthy in my neighborhood. Pretty good hailstorm came through last night. It got my camper, my enclosed snowmobile trailer, my powerstroke and my Yukon XL. The wifes car made it into the garage before the hail was big enough to do damage. I have to check the house over and make sure everything is ok. It has steel siding and malarky shingles so it should be in pretty good shape.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I had a pretty good size dent on an older Avalon rear panel which I thought they could never fix. It came out perfect.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (Ashworth, 35, Bigd7378, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,256
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.