Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beautiful!

Not that it would stop me from buying one, but I can see reaching for the door handle and grabbing a handful of wasp nest! laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Beautiful!

Not that it would stop me from buying one, but I can see reaching for the door handle and grabbing a handful of wasp nest! laugh

Gonna park it in a barn, huh? wink lol

Last edited by RickyD; 07/19/19.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mid-engine has beauceau handling benefits if done right.

This thing could be a monster.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They just don't have the class as the 67 and older Corvettes!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
if its a hit maybe it will devalue the prices of the mid 2000 ones to where I can snag one

I hope that happens. I'd like to own a Vette for just a little while before I die.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BTW...I STILL hate Government Motors!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It looks like a Camaro with a new front end!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by aalf

Que the "Government Motors Haters Club"........

The rest of their stuff is schit. But I'll take a vette.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by gregintenn
The Mustangs and Challengers look great, but Chevy screwed the pooch.

i'll bet it's fun to drive though.

Mustangs have long passed their cool new look and morphed into another losing platform based on the old but iconic Mach I. Challenger is stagnated with nothing to offer but the modern version of the 1970 offering and it too is getting old. Corvette has continued to be innovative and I will bet you won't be able to buy a 2020 off any lot, due to the high demand.

At least, none of these were designed in a wind tunnel...

I would agree. The mustangs have jumped ship.

Last edited by tzone; 07/19/19.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Where do you put the dead deer? How's it do on gravel roads? If I can't USE the thing, it's kinda USELESS to me. It would get hung up just going to the shooting range, which is on a rather poor gravel road thru the woods.

I live two hours up the road from Bowling Green, yet we seldom see a Corvette around here. They aren't practical for most of us.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Starts at under $60,000 with no performance package. How much for that?

All things are always on the move simultaneously. - W.S. Churchill
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Not enough ground clearance, don't look right with mud grips. Don't see a 4WD option...

Oh well.

DF

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Whelenman
They just don't have the class as the 67 and older Corvettes!!!

I agree with Whelenman that these are not as classy looking as the mid 60's vette.

My first Corvette was a 1967 performance car. I now have a 2015 with the standard motor. The 2015 looks good but
still not as classy as my first one. However it is just as fast or maybe even quicker as the big block 67 in the quarter mile
and lots more comfortable. On top of that I am averaging almost 25 miles per gallon around town.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rainshot
What you going to do with it, race to the store and back?

I predict it will be short lived and a great investment for the very long term because the day of the muscle car is gone but not forgotten. If it keeps with Corvette tradition it'll likely get about 10mpg but do it with pizzazz.

You seem to be living in the same year as your post count. The Challenger, Charger and Camaro available at a dealership all day long are the best muscle cars ever built.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
People who piss and moan about the new hot rods have obviously never driven one. They ride pretty good and stop well and go around corners well and dollar for dollar kicks ass on all the euro and jap stuff. I bought a 2018 Challenger scat park about 6 months ago. 485 horse and does everything well. It weighs 4240 pounds with gas tank full. Average gas mileage over 7000 miles is 23.2 mpg.
The new Vette is nice. Badass looking. Ed k

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure a gun rack would fit in the back window, probably have to mount one on the hood ATV style.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by 12344mag
If I was going after a go fast, high hp machine I'd be getting a Hellcat. Standard 717 hp.

Put a Hellcat on the track and the big Mustangs, Cameros and Vettes leave it sucking wind.

I reckon most folks don't take their car to the track.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by 12344mag
If I was going after a go fast, high hp machine I'd be getting a Hellcat. Standard 717 hp.

Put a Hellcat on the track and the big Mustangs, Cameros and Vettes leave it sucking wind.

I reckon most folks don't take their car to the track.

Mostly true , but you see the marks on guard rails & concrete barriers in sharp corners - those are hellcat marks . smile

Friend of mine and I would take our corvettes and sportbikes out in the country on curvy roads . We had a system we'd take turns going in front [scout position] look around sharp corners with say 45mph sign , front guy would look around corner - if no cars were coming - left turn signal meant you [back 300 yards give/take] could come around the corner using all of the road . Brake light bumps meant - nope a car is coming .
People would be amazed how well a corvette [in good shape] will go around a corner , trick is to zig-zag warming the tires up then come flying in with the antilock brakes giving the tires all they can take . Now tires are hot - get car in right gear = high rpm gear and go through with it to the floorboard power sliding it through the corner with a bit too much throttle .
We've had a few guys/cars [mustangs/camaros/300zx/etc.] fall in with us trying to keep up we'd disappear from all of them , practice makes perfect .

A good book to read ''Limit Driving'' came with a little G-Force meter , we just devised a system unlike theirs between us where you didn't have to stay in your own lane .
Also we had the coverleaf I-110 - I-10 four 360* turns to head you in any direction . The Loops . Drivers side front tire won't last long there btdt .
A friend wanted to go around the loops with me - he bought my previous car , Went towards the first corner he was started yelling slow this mf'r down hanging on - freaked out so bad I slowed down and let him get his wits about him . Then eased up the speed to just a little fast - he said that was plenty for him take him home .
I had High Risk insurance for years .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That's impressive!

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by tzone

Originally Posted by Jeffrey
$60k? Is that all? Chump change.

Schit a new truck is more than that now.

No thanks.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

323 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 1,677 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,524
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.