Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IntruderBN
VR-1355! Truly the best legal low level route in the world.

Operative word, "legal" smile

Well, after that video, I am now appropriately depressed! smile

Edited to add, I forced myself to watch the trailer. I quit counting mistakes and bullshit after the first minute (like for example, saluting the catapult officer THEN going to MRT/Burner. That there will get not only you fired, but the cat officer and Air Boss. But I kept watching..until I saw the first bleeder with a helmet on. Oh did I mention his helmet was illegal too?

Last edited by jorgeI; 07/19/19.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
From the trailer, I see Jennifer Connelly is in it.

I'd love to meat her! grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a ring side seat to many flights of the Intruders. Never saw another aircraft in action that was so perfectly precise in putting the bombs where they needed to go. My favorite starch winged aircraft.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pugs
Sure enough "In March, filming was completed at NAS Whidbey Island in Oak Harbor, Washington. "

So the low level footage through the Cascades is the VR-1355. Truly the best Low level training route in the lower 48 and this will be filmed better than anyone ever did it with a handheld. I see these days it's 500' AGL route. Back in mine it was a 200' AGL bottom structure.

Can you please not use acronym's?

Some of us would like to know WTF it is that you're saying.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mac84

With your aviators too of course

A given.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Edited to add, I forced myself to watch the trailer. I quit counting mistakes and bullshit after the first minute (like for example, saluting the catapult officer THEN going to MRT/Burner. That there will get not only you fired, but the cat officer and Air Boss. But I kept watching..until I saw the first bleeder with a helmet on. Oh did I mention his helmet was illegal too?

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Naval air station. Above ground level

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I will skip it, since I just hate reruns, re makes, sequels, prequels and such. I just pray Kelly McGillis won't be there wearing a bikini in this rehash.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jorgeI

[Linked Image]

That helmet decor was legal in 86. After 87 they have to be at least 80% white reflective tape...

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

It’s all fun and entrainment until you see the woman in a flight helmet. Nothing ruins a good movie like putting a leading lady in to make a bad story worse.

What seems to get past the average movie goer is that “Iceman” in the original “Top Gun” was the pilot you want to fly for you. They vilify him to make the show off look superior. 30 years later Maverick is still a captain flying fighter jets? I don’t think the Navy will keep a pilot that long that has been passed up for promotion that many times...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shrapnel

It’s all fun and entrainment until you see the woman in a flight helmet. Nothing ruins a good movie like putting a leading lady in to make a bad story worse.

What seems to get past the average movie goer is that “Iceman” in the original “Top Gun” was the pilot you want to fly for you. They vilify him to make the show off look superior. 30 years later Maverick is still a captain flying fighter jets? I don’t think the Navy will keep a pilot that long that has been passed up for promotion that many times...

Can you and jorge please stop shooting your pre-64 Model 70's into my happiness?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So you'd rather see a film about an admiral who doesn't fly jets any more?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

You might want to hit that button on your life alert, I think you have fallen and can’t get up...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
looking forward to this one

also, they showed previews to Midway when I took the kids to see Spiderman. It looks amazing. That is one I'll be seeing in the theater

probably already been posted but here is the trailer if you haven't seen it

I loved the original movie as a kid.

This one I will go see.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I will skip it, since I just hate reruns, re makes, sequels, prequels and such. I just pray Kelly McGillis won't be there wearing a bikini in this rehash.

Cruise has certainly aged a lot better than Kelly McGillis. Have you seen a recent photo of her? WTF?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You might want to hit that button on your life alert, I think you have fallen and can’t get up...

Why would you say that, pray tell? And wtf is a "life alert?"

PS, I'll be backpacking on the mountains next weekend, getting ready for elk season. If you want to come along let me know. Don't worry, I'll put your heavy stuff in my pack.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

As an 0-6 the max you can stay in are thirty years of commissioned service. Many Captains fly, Wing Commanders, Chiefs of Staff etc., but after thirty, you are forced to retire.. I refuse to see the movie for the very reasons you mentioned, so I can't attest as to what billet "Maverick" was assigned to as an 06 (unless he was a carrier CO, Wing Commander or Chief Of Staff of an afloat Admiral's staff) that would allow him to still fly...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

PS, I'll be backpacking on the mountains next weekend, getting ready for elk season. If you want to come along let me know. Don't worry, I'll put your heavy stuff in my pack.

Good for you, I wish you the best of luck, but you won’t live long enough to kill as many elk as I have...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
when top gun first came out, i took my no one grandson, as a rather small boy, to see it. He was pretty much hooked.
Today, he is a major in the air force flying go fast jets. I think that movie was instrumental in his career path.
he has several advanced aerospace engineering degrees and does some interesting stuff.
The only problem i found with the original movie is to find that maverick's girl friend was gay.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Good for you, I wish you the best of luck, but you won’t live long enough to kill as many elk as I have...

Possible, but if you tried to hunt like smokepole does you wouldn't kill any. You would be too busy begging to be rescued.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
642 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.