Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I follow a gal on Instagram that is based out of Florida.
It doesn't appear to suck.

https://www.instagram.com/bombchelle_fishing/

I wish you wouldn't post pictures of my fishing buddy

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fishing in Floriduh sucks.

[Linked Image]

It is very expensive.

[Linked Image]

The state has secret agents that keep an eye on your every move.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The people are just plain weird.

[Linked Image]

Some of the natives will eat you.

[Linked Image]

Fer the love of God, DON'T COME DOWN HERE!!!!!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I wouldn’t mind fishing the Keys at least once before I check out.

It's really pretty down in the keys, but the fishing is better in South Louisiana.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cost more in Louisiana and there is too much travel time to good fishing grounds when compared to the Keys.
I'd rather be fishing crystal clear blue water off coral reefs than doing roundy rounds at an oil rig all day..

Both places do have good fishing, the keys can be a tad spendyer on hotel accommodations.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The worst thing about living in Florida is--
The Liberal yankees who move here from the northeast, Indiana, Michigan (the blue plate specials), who want avoid the high taxes where they came from, but strive to make Florida just like --Up Home!!
Oh, and the Canadians who winter here-- they bring one shirt and a $20,00 dollar bill and don't change either one!

IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Oh, and the Canadians who winter here-- they bring one shirt and a $20,00 dollar bill and don't change either one!

LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'll take a three-day blizzard before endless hot and steamy days.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JeffA
Cost more in Louisiana and there is too much travel time to good fishing grounds when compared to the Keys.
I'd rather be fishing crystal clear blue water off coral reefs than doing roundy rounds at an oil rig all day..

Both places do have good fishing, the keys can be a tad spendyer on hotel accommodations.

I have not fished Lousiana yet but I have the Keys and they are spectacular.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The irony in all this is that in comparison to the time frame up to the mid to late '80s, today's fishing in Floriduh sucks slimy swamp water, especially down in the Keys.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
The irony in all this is that in comparison to the time frame up to the mid to late '80s, today's fishing in Floriduh sucks slimy swamp water, especially down in the Keys.

Are you suggesting a time machine is in order?

It use to snow so heavy in Montana that it'd be up to my waist almost every time. It don't snow like that anymore.

That's back when I was 5 years old...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, I suggest we are reaping the rewards of ill considered abuse of the state's waters. 99% of our estuarine waters are impaired by pollutants as well as 80%+ of inland water. It's the gift bequeathed by millions of Yankees and neatly wrapped by idiot politicians.

Floriduh sucks, spread the word.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In all the years of being around Florida I've never known them to have fish or game management plans that made any sense.

Back in the day we got to catch all the King Mackerel we wanted until there was none.
I use to net all the Red's I could sell, until there was none.

It's always sorta been like just do it but when they are all gone stop... Whatever you call that kind of management plan it's what they run with.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, wait a minute..they did claim the Alligator to be endangered at one time and protected them...Until they decided they were wrong and de-listed it....

I will say that Florida state fish and game management is consistent, if that's a quality when you suck.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
…...

It's always sorta been like just do it but when they are all gone stop... Whatever you call that kind of management plan it's what they run with.....

Answer: Run to Fail

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
No, I suggest we are reaping the rewards of ill considered abuse of the state's waters. 99% of our estuarine waters are impaired by pollutants as well as 80%+ of inland water. It's the gift bequeathed by millions of Yankees and neatly wrapped by idiot politicians.

Floriduh sucks, spread the word.

That Army Corp of Engineers really did the Everglades a big favor many years ago didn't they.. HOw many thousand truckloads will be needed to fix that mess?

FLorida needs to put a cap on residents...When I left in 1995 I didn't think it could hold more people.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Too hot, too many people, too many snakes and bugs some of which can kill you.

Last edited by champlain_islander; 07/19/19.

living the good life every day
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
Too hot, too many people, too many snakes and bugs some of which can kill you.

I'd live in a bug's anus before I moved to fugking Vermont.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In all the years of being around Florida I've never known them to have fish or game management plans that made any sense.

Back in the day we got to catch all the King Mackerel we wanted until there was none.
I use to net all the Red's I could sell, until there was none.

FWC is not the problem. It's the legislature primarily, and the state agencies and local jurisdictions that bow to them such as the water districts and ambitious county commissions. In short, it is how development is promoted and regulated with application of myopic objectives. There in nothing in the state that contributes more to our economic success than water, not even close, yet we continue to fug it up at every turn.

I am..........disturbed.

W
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
W
Everything I know I just leaned in the afternoon. We decided to spend the week in the keys. Left FLL airports at 11am. Got into Marathon at 4pm. 141 miles in 5 hrs. Does everybody and their brother haul their fishing boat south come Saturday ? JFC. I thought I was going to commit Hari Kari by the time I got here

Decided to go to the grocery. I turned around and left. It was like Mother’s Day in the projects.

I don’t know if it is always like this but, I think I have had enough already and I got 6 more days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good thing your room wasn't in Key West, you still wouldn't be there yet...lol

https://liveduvalstreet.com <~Key West Live Street Cam

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 68 invisible), 2,710 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.