Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 30 1 2 27 28 29 30
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So I have a goat, elk, moose hunt set for 2020 and am about to swap a 25 year old Vari-X-3 2.5-8X that I have killed a lot of game with (multiple elk, a BC grizz , blackies, and mulies with, to a recent VX-5HD 2-10X pawn shop $300 piece There is no question that the newer scope's optics are far superior but the old scope has endured for years as are the clicks. Thoughts?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You’re a horrible tipper and you’d buy shoes a half size too big if you saved a dollar...Just a guess 😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Calvin
So did anyone here

They were between a rock & a hard spot no doubt.... seems a smarter strategy would have been to say no to Doug's request. Create a sock puppet start a thread ask question then listen.
Or they could have simply done a search of past threads.
They made a decision to tell us how great they are and how stupid we are....
With these decision making skills it helps you understand how they are in the spot they are in.

Has there ever been an instance when a manufacture came in here and it ended well for them?

Last edited by JDK; 07/19/19.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by JDK
So did anyone here

They were between a rock & a hard spot no doubt.... seems a smarter strategy would have been to say no to Doug's request. Create a sock puppet start a thread ask question then listen.
With these decision making skills it helps you understand how they are in the spot they are in.

Has there ever been an instance when a manufacture came in here and it ended well for them?

No surprises.

This one was predicted and predictable.

DF

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by JDK
So did anyone here

No surprises.

This one was predicted and predictable.

DF

I agree.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
The funny/sad part of this is you know Leupold is keeping an eye on this thread.

Why would they waste their time reading a thread if they don't care what's being said?

I don't know if they are reading this thread. But I'm not sure they don't care either.

It is possible they came here thinking they could feed us a bunch of bs as damage control. That clearly didn't go well. So perhaps they are starting to get a clue. The fact that they showed up, even if only to try to feed us bs, might indicate things are not going as well as they let on. I suspect they know they have issues. No matter what numbers they try to feed us, they know the real numbers. I also suspect they know how to fix the problems. The question is can they (continuing to build scopes in the US) put out a good product at a competitive price, and will the bean counters let them try?

Companies do sometimes turn around. I don't know how many times Colt quality has gone up and down.

I’m not sure they do know they have problems. I called Leupold 3 times and talked to 3 different people and got 3 different answers for the same question.

I guaran-effing-tee that whatever troubles they have, they know about. They're either okay with the situation, or quietly working on a solution. If the latter, we'll never know about it because that would require them owning up to it, clearly not an option.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 07/19/19. Reason: Get thee wallet out

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EdM
So I have a goat, elk, moose hunt set for 2020 and am about to swap a 25 year old Vari-X-3 2.5-8X that I have killed a lot of game with (multiple elk, a BC grizz , blackies, and mulies with, to a recent VX-5HD 2-10X pawn shop $300 piece There is no question that the newer scope's optics are far superior but the old scope has endured for years as are the clicks. Thoughts?

If the scope has worked well for 25 years and you haven't had any problems with it, why would you switch to a new, unproven scope?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by EdM

If the scope has worked well for 25 years and you haven't had any problems with it, why would you switch to a new, unproven scope?

"Glass" is a major draw for many. It turns heads.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yep, new glass is generally better than older glass.

Those old Weavers tracked well, but a new bargain priced Chinese scope will have much better glass regarding brightness, etc

We liked our Weavers, didn’t have much to compare them with. Back then Leupold was thought to be a step up.

DF

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10
You’re a horrible tipper and you’d buy shoes a half size too big if you saved a dollar...Just a guess 😬😎

LMFAO!

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by jwp475

My question was "what is the torque spec for the rings" I was given 3 different answers. Surely that qestion does not require an engineer to answer.

Oregon Farmer tight. That's 17% tighter than Florida farmer tight.

Limp-wristed hippy OR farmer tight is about 40000% less than ND/SD/MT farmer tight. Our stuff has to endure ~140 degree temp swings throughout the year without the benefit of having stuff rust into place in under a week.

I'll betchya that Jim C has adapters that'll allow him to use a 3' long breaker made for 1" drive sockets adapted down to 1/4" drive sockets in order to get his tyke's training wheels on tight enough.

Last edited by horse1; 07/19/19.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No way, big Jim don't allow training wheels. And he makes the tyke do his own mechanic work.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
No way, big Jim don't allow training wheels. And he makes the tyke do his own mechanic work.

Thus the 3' breaker bar.....................

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JDK
So did anyone here

Lots of companies advertise here without issue. Actually they do very well because of it.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by horse1

Thus the 3' breaker bar.....................

Good point. The Conrads tighten lug nuts with just thumb and forefinger. And thats the Missus.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM

My thoughts exactly.

No way I'd gamble with a pawn-shop Leupold for a hunt unless I had plenty of time to wring it out first. Reason being is my Leupolds that have given me trouble have all hit the road after being fixed.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
🤣🤣🤣

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I wonder how Leupold’s business has been since July 2019, up, down or sideways?
I guess you can’t underestimate brand recognition and loyalty combined with slick advertising vs actual product performance.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trust The Science.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Page 29 of 30 1 2 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1eyedmule, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 62 invisible), 2,850 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,707
Posts18,456,861
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.