Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

https://www.foxnews.com/world/north...d-murdered-along-remote-canadian-highway

Wonder if these two victims enjoyed the RIGHT to bear arms...not really.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
BP-B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My guess would be murdered in cold blood by first nations because they are white.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Maybe they should issue the B.C. Conservation Officer a Marlin SBL and see what they can turn up at the crime scene.

RCMP are invited, too...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
https://www.foxnews.com/world/north...d-murdered-along-remote-canadian-highway

Wonder if these two victims enjoyed the RIGHT to bear arms...not really.

While this event is tragic, Canada's supreme court ruled in 1993 that Canadians do not have the right to bear arms. Certainly, visitors from another country would not.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Maybe they should issue the B.C. Conservation Officer a Marlin SBL and see what they can turn up at the crime scene.

RCMP are invited, too...

SheriffJoe;
Good evening to you sir, I trust all is well with you tonight.

While it may - or as the case may be - may not interest you or other gentle readers to know that the BC Conservation Officer service has been armed for quite a good long while now - used to be they carried a fixed sight L Frame Smith in .357, but like a lot of the LEO world now carry .40 Glocks of some vintage.

Also they don't typically investigate crimes involving human deaths, though they are sworn peace officers and as such can be called on to diversify their duties if the need arises.

It's a horrible shame what happened to these two young folks and I have no other information on what occurred other than is available on the usual news services.

As Steve mentioned, we do not have the right to be armed here in Canada - it's considered a privilege that one can earn and conversely lose as well.

At one point in my life, as well as being a provincially certified to give exams for the the Hunter Safety Course, I was also a Federally Certified Instructor/Examiner and gave the courses and tests required to obtain a firearm here.

It's not really a tough thing to do if one has a mind to - but it does cost time and money and is not considered an inherent right by our highest court.

For residents however, just to be clear - when we're traveling in the hinterlands - it is very legal and in fact in my part of BC not unusual whatsoever for folks to be armed, but it will be with a rifle or shotgun and not a sidearm.

None of this is to say I'm personally pleased with the status quo or not working to see it changed - merely to state the way it is and nothing more.

I trust that was at least peripherally useful information for you or someone out there in the ether space this evening sir.

All the best to you as we head into the fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can’t Americans traveling across Canada headed to Alaska carry one shotgun legally with them while passing through???

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
chlinstructor;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the 3rd week of July was a good one for you and this finds you well.

In the stickied thread at the top of this section which we set up for folks traveling into or through Canada, there's some websites to check where visitors can get the most up to date information from the Canadian Border Services and other LEO agencies up here.

Rather than answer what might have been okay yesterday or last week, I'd prefer to refer you there to get the information as close to the source as possible.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but hopefully that points you in the right direction.

All the best to you as we head into fall and hunting season.

Dwayne

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The amount of American and other foreign tourist/travelers in that part of Canada is unbelievable. So whoever killed them is either in Alaska or back south in lower 48.. far as a Canadian doing this I find it hard to believe. My money is on a someone passing through..either from or to Alaska

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Thanks, Dwayne for your response.

My reference to the BC Conservation Service was for lack of better words... a "dig" to prompt the local authorities and also refers to the US Fish & Game equivalent character in the "Wind River" film.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am certain that the RCMP are taking this seriously. They are responsible for the investigation, not the BC Wildlife Branch.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Steve....................

You missed my point, right?

Have a nice weekend.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BC30cal
chlinstructor;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the 3rd week of July was a good one for you and this finds you well.

In the stickied thread at the top of this section which we set up for folks traveling into or through Canada, there's some websites to check where visitors can get the most up to date information from the Canadian Border Services and other LEO agencies up here.

Rather than answer what might have been okay yesterday or last week, I'd prefer to refer you there to get the information as close to the source as possible.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but hopefully that points you in the right direction.

All the best to you as we head into fall and hunting season.

Dwayne

Thank you Sir for your response. Hope you & yours are well also.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Steve....................

You missed my point, right?

Have a nice weekend.

I must have.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
SheriffJoe;
Good evening again and thanks for the reply and further clarification.

I've got to admit that by the end of the week I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer any longer - perhaps I wasn't earlier either - but I did miss the Wind River reference.

Although I'm no movie critic or even a real aficionado really, I thought Jeremy Renner's role in Wind River was one of his best.

As 79S mentioned, it's actually a pretty busy section of the road up there and especially so this time of year.

It's been a pretty big deal up here as non organized crime related murders are relatively rare thankfully. I'm sure the RCMP will be throwing a bunch of effort into solving this and I do hope they do.

Perhaps it's too much for me to hope that the offender offers resistance during the arrest? They - the RCMP - have been less reluctant to shoot folks who need it in recent years so hopefully I can be forgiven for hoping for that outcome?

Thanks again for the clarification sir and all the best to you as we head into fall.

Dwayne

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The video is unavailable for some reason. I'll check it out later.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
The article says the RCMP have not confirmed that the couple was shot. Has this now been confirmed?
The right to keep and bear arms, like the right to self defense or defense of home, does not come from government, courts, or ancient documents; it simply exists, as long as you can make it stick. I have the right to bear arms because I bear arms. It is my choice as to when and where I assert that right. Those who drafted the US Constitution chose to affirm this right by putting it on paper a two and a half centuries ago (though many individual states choose to ignore this document) while Canadians, 25 years ago, chose to pretend the right of self determination does not exist. It is the right of self determination which gives us our freedom. Without that, we have nothing.
I'm certain there is much more to this story and expect we may hear more in days to come. Or maybe not, if the news media doesn't feel the story fits the liberal agenda. For instance: racially motivated crimes are newsworthy depending on the race of the victim and the perpetrator. One way, it's good for a 15 minute segment; flip it around and it's good for a fifteen second sound bite and you never hear another word.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Five dead people in a small, remote area sounds like a serial killer at work to me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
712 members (10Glocks, 11point, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 89 invisible), 2,725 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,890
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.