Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When on the road, what places to eat do you look for?

hole in the walls are best for sure. But for a quick scoop and go.

Mine
1. Chik-fil-a
2. Raisin Canes
3. McAllister’s

I only travel the south, so 2 and 3 prolly don’t apply to the rest of the country.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I never go anywhere I haven't been before.

We tend to avoid fast food and stick with the sit down restaurants.

No matter where we go a McDonald's gets suggested!

I think its comforting for the kids.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Depends on the trip. With family cheap and clean restrooms are the top two filters.

Driving 18 hours straight across several states to hunting camp, its usually Top Level Truck Stops and the Big Chevron Stations for the coffee and donuts at 2 in the morning.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Depends on the trip. With family cheap and clean restrooms are the top two filters.

Driving 18 hours straight across several states to hunting camp, its usually Top Level Truck Stops and the Big Chevron Stations for the coffee and donuts at 2 in the morning.

I’ll mark you down for Subway.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Holiday gas stations for their Dark Roast coffee, it is, IMO/IME the best gas station coffee.

When traveling and it's close to lunch or dinner time I'll often try to find a grocery store and nab some fried chicken if it's fresh, beats the heck outta KFC for me.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Pilot or The Loves

Cherry Icee and a king size Snickers, train keep a rollin all night long...

Can piss in the Icee cup 2 hours later.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wait, I got a joke

Florida Georgia Line

.....i took a piss there once

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wait, I got a joke

Florida Georgia Line

.....i took a piss there once

DAC?

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Food Truck Sushi.

Gas Station Tornadoes.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
i carry a lot of junk food during road trips, chips, water, soda, noodles etc...because of hygiene i only eat at top restaurant that i know are clean. i am a little bit of a neat freak.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My wife likes to maintain traditions. When her family used to travel her mother would put together some sandwiches and stuff and carry it all in a leather purse like bag. My wife still has the bag and she fills it with food before we go on the road.

She'll usually have some good sandwiches,..ham or roast beef and swiss on rye is typical,...and she also usually packs up some good cheese of some kind and ritz crackers, cookies...a thermos of hot tea and a six pack of bottled water.

We usually leave early and drink our cup of morning coffee on the road.

I drive and she sticks cheese and crackers and cookies in my face as we roll along. Eventually we eat the sandwiches.

A day long drive probably puts 2 lbs on me. But I've learned to enjoy the tradition. It's like a rolling picnic.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
👍😄

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
👍😄

Subway for you also....

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by FatCity67

I’ll mark you down for Subway.

Jimmy Johns

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pemmican is good and will last.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I use Yelp a lot when I'm traveling to try and find decent places to eat. It's tough to eat healthy on the road in the U.S. because of so much processed/fried/junk food. I like to at least try and find a good salad once a day, McAlisters and Newks are good for that if there are any around. Chipolte or Qdoba mexican grills also have good salads and in a pinch McDonalds has a couple of salads that are decent for cheap.

I'm overseas a lot with my work and it's usually easier to find something healthy in Europe or Asia than it is in the U.S. It's not until you get somewhere else that you realize how poor our diet is in the U.S. It's not that it doesn't taste good, it does, but we eat almost nothing other than processed sugar and carb laden crap here. In many places, especially the south, there are many places where you'll go a hundred miles before you can find a restaurant that doesn't deep fry everything.

I have to eat out a lot because I travel so much, plus I'm pretty portly already so I have to really watch what I eat or I'll pack on the pounds. It's tough in a lot of places, if burgers and pizza were good for you I'd have it made.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Newks is good. Whataburger, Jack-in the Box, Burger King, Carl's Jr./Hardee's for burgers and such.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Couple bags of M&Ms, a jar of peanuts, and keep rolling.

Actually it's usually a fast food national chain because they're predictable and I like to make miles. Except for that burger from Micky D's in Wyoming that had me hung up in Salt Lake City for a couple days thinking "of all the places to die."

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I need to burn up the road I'll take enough with me in a playmate cooler to get me there. I can eat for 2 days out of the mid sized playmate.

Heading out for a road trip this morning and it'll be a relaxed drive with leisurely dining stops. Mostly will look for mom and pop diners and cafes.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
We drove down to South Carolina for a deer hunt in 1990 and ate Cracker Barrel breakfast lunch and dinner up and back. Haven’t been back since.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
739 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,964 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,764
Posts18,401,436
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.