Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Region6
Brad,

It was a toss up UL1 or UL2. I went UL2, thinking if I encounter bad weather, I would be more comfortable. Also I have two young boys and sooner or later they will be tagging along.

Makes perfect sense to me. It's not a huge weight penalty for the UL2... I freely admit I have too many tents smile

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Go read the reviews on that Big Agnes Copper Spur junk they call a tent.

Myself, my wife, and friends have used four different versions of the CS for the last 10 years, including the current HV model.

For what they're meant for, they're fantastic tents... and unlike you I'm not guessing from my mom's basement in Texas.

Some years back, UL1 & UL2 CS's in the September MT highcountry...

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Go read the reviews on that Big Agnes Copper Spur junk they call a tent.

Myself, my wife, and friends have used four different versions of the CS for the last 10 years, including the current HV model.

For what they're meant for, they're fantastic tents... and unlike you I'm not guessing from my mom's basement in Texas.

Look at you Brad. You look like a Narcissistic flamboyant phaggot flailing his arms around to draw attention back to you, because you have to be the center of attention, and in your mentally sick state of mind, you think I attacked you directly, when such never happened, so you come at me with your insults when I never addressed you here to begin with.

I simply pointed out for Tom, Region6, Big Agnes’s latest product has numerous people unhappy, and customer service ignoring them and raking them over the coals with only an offer of 80% credit, instead of backing the product 100%.

You injected yourself into a discussion between the OP and I, which did not involve you, just so you could continue your cyber-stalker bullying Narcissistic behavior towards me.

You debate like a Communist by only quoting me partially, and leaving out the crucial and verifiable facts, just like all Communists do when they side-step, obfuscate and attempt to deflect away from the subject matter.

An intelligent person would have gone to the link I posted, and come back with a statement like, “After reviewing the comments on the Big Agnes website concerning that tent, I might have been lucky with my tent, and KC too. It looks like Big Agnes might be going the way of Leupold and Marlin. I have to take back my recommendation here.”

Your actions here show you don’t have much horsepower between your ears, so expecting any intelligence to come from you is hopeless. Posting a picture of a four season camp when the OP will be camping and hunting in a three season situation proves how desperate and crazy you are to draw attention to yourself.

And it’s fun posting from the basement when I get to watch you fall all of the way to the ground, after pushing you off your pedestal.

Now go find your bucket, and go play with the cat dung in your sandbox.

P.S. 200+ people have read this thread, and seen you make a fool of yourself. Just an FYI.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So you've never seen or used the product, but know "all about it."

Classic.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
He’s read the reviews. Isn’t that enough? 🙄. Pun intended.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
But hey, 200+ people now know what an azzhat the slayer dude is. The reviews on him CAN'T be wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad
For a 1 man I'd have gone UL1... it's about the largest one man out there. However, if you're ok with the additional weight there's no reason not to do the UL2.

My CS HV UL2 in action:

[Linked Image]

Gorgeous!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I've got a couple of "expedition" 4 season+ tents and love MH gear, but even a "3 season" can be used in Winter conditions if temps are moderate, winds are modest and snowfall is light. Tent footprints can enhance water-resistant flooring and alleviate lower performance specs. Seams can be reinforced and sealed etc., etc.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I still want one of the MH Hunker military sniper/spotter tents...

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
We had a MH Trango-2 for many years. It was pretty warm, and bombproof, but heavy at around 9 lbs.

In honesty, we never used it to it's full design potential, so we eventually sold it, and went the floorless tipi route.

[Linked Image]

Floorless 6-man with Ti woodstove, total weight about the same as the Trango-2.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm still using an SL-5 for September hunts (discontinued) so I can't add any specific recommendations for the OP. Except that I like floorless tents for the early seasons, the SL-5 and similar single-pole tarp tents have some of the best square footage to weight ratios going and I like to be able to pitch them with space at the bottom for ventilation when I need it. Not good with any snow load but that's rarely a problem in September here.

For later hunts I use a Kifaru 8-man tipi and stove. Not light but worth the weight to have a wood stove when it's cold out. May have to check out a smaller one to save some weight, the extra room in the 8-man is nice, but really unnecessary most of the time.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
...........For later hunts I use a Kifaru 8-man tipi and stove. Not light but worth the weight to have a wood stove when it's cold out. May have to check out a smaller one to save some weight, the extra room in the 8-man is nice, but really unnecessary most of the time.

I'm not sure how the Kifaru compare, but on the SO tipis, the 8-man is only about 8-9 ounces more than the 6-man. You might have to drop down to the Kifaru Tut, or Sawtooth to get a significant savings in weight.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
the Tut is what I use...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is that the Tut, crashed out on your bag??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don,
What is your little pards name? A few members have that same breed I think - or your dog keeps photo-bombing others pics. 😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Finn.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Don,
What is your little pards name? A few members have that same breed I think - or your dog keeps photo-bombing others pics. 😬😎

You'd know Finn if you saw him. He's the good-looking one.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by SnowyMountaineer
Lots of good recommendations here. The last couple of years I have been using the Hilleberg Niak in all seasons, no major plans to change.

Just bought one myself. Not super UL but a good chance it will be still standing if the weather turns sour. Only used mine once so far and liked it a lot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of good recommendations here but I absolutely love my Hilleberg Soulo for a one man tent.

Plenty of room in the vestibule for your pack, rifle, food or whatever and they are bombproof in the wind/snow/rain or whatever.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

pretty impressed with the sawtooth

just spent 4 days in it on a bear hunt

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by smokepole
...........For later hunts I use a Kifaru 8-man tipi and stove. Not light but worth the weight to have a wood stove when it's cold out. May have to check out a smaller one to save some weight, the extra room in the 8-man is nice, but really unnecessary most of the time.

I'm not sure how the Kifaru compare, but on the SO tipis, the 8-man is only about 8-9 ounces more than the 6-man. You might have to drop down to the Kifaru Tut, or Sawtooth to get a significant savings in weight.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
712 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 91 invisible), 2,716 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.