Print Thread
Hop To
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I am new to loading for a glock 20 I just acquired, I have loaded for other cartridges but not the 10. Montana bullets lists .400. .401, .402 as their OD for their 200 grain WFN-PB BHN 22 cast bullets. Can anyone clue me in regards which diamete would work best for the Glock OEM barrel? I am however leaning to the .400 due to case bulge reduction. I have longshot and accurate #9, power pistol , lil gun and blue dot if anyone wants to suggest a load to carry on a hunting lease.

BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I didn't think there was an issue with any Glock with case bulge other then the ones chambered for 40 S&W. I am far from a pistol expert though.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Jimmy, I'd start with #9 of that list. Can't help much with diameter, never loaded for a Glock. .401 is what we use for our Deltas without issue.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
with the stated warning about loading lead bullets in a glock barrel which i am sure people on here will disagree with, generally it's one thousandth over so for me .401.
I like no 9 powder too and you can get right at 1200fps with that 200grain bullet,

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
FWIW I've run about 2000 rounds of Bear Creek 230 Flat Points through several polygonal and conventional 45 barrels, with excellent accuracy and next to no deposits of even the coating in the bore.

https://www.bearcreeksupplybullets.com/aboutourbullets

When I was loading Montanas they were jacketed, so can't help you there.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B2

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
with the stated warning about loading lead bullets in a glock barrel which i am sure people on here will disagree with, generally it's one thousandth over so for me .401.
I like no 9 powder too and you can get right at 1200fps with that 200grain bullet,

What stated warning? Glock makes no such warning.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
OP, when you say Montana bullets, do you mean Montana Bullet Works, their 10MM, LBT 200GR, WFN-PB?

If so, I shoot this bullet in my Glock 20 OEM barrel at .401" diameter, using Longshot powder to 1161 fps, loaded overall length 1.23". It is reliable and accurate. In my 6" KKM barrel it makes 1300 fps.

Brass expansion in either barrel is minimal. It is a quality bullet, little to no leading, and penetrates very well.

Last edited by mannyspd1; 07/19/19.
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
yes both Montana Bullet works and Rimrock bullets list 3 sizes for their bullets. The MBW 200 grain WFN GC .401 bullets product has a gas check and is BHN 22, they are about the same price as 200 grain Hornady XTP's but they have a good flat nose and would penetrate well. The 200 grain Rimrock bullet is their top shelf bullet and is also BHN 22, is .401 as well, but has no gas check and is a lot less money per bullet. The profile of the rimrock bullet is not as nice.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Complete Bullshit.
Your warranty is spelled out in your owners manual - read it you frigging moron.
Glock also has an faq on their site - read that you tiny-brainedvasswipe.

Why do shlt-for-brains continue to spread fables? Oh wait - I already answered it.

Do you even own a Glock? Have you ever shot a lead bullet in your life?

Why are you so stupid as to get your information from some half-wit writer without checking the facts for yourself?

Last edited by dla; 07/20/19. Reason: Needed more vitrol
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by dla

Complete Bullshit.
Your warranty is spelled out in your owners manual - read it you frigging moron.

Why do shlt-for-brains continue to spread fables? Oh wait - I already answered it.

Why are you so stupid as to get your information from some half-wit writer without checking the facts for yourself?

Glocks Warranty states this:
Limitations of Warranty

The warranty will be void if any of the following occur:
1.The instructions in the Instructions for Use manual are not followed;
2.Your GLOCK pistol or any of its parts are altered or modified from their original sate;
3.Damage is caused by misuse, abuse or improper maintenance;
4.Your GLOCK pistol is disassembled beyond the instruction in Chapter 9 of the Instructions for Use manual; or
5.Reloaded, remanufactured, or handloaded ammunition, or ammunition of a different caliber than your GLOCK pistol is used.

Actually as far as I know, all manufactures have the same disclaimer about Reloaded ammunition, doesn't matter if it is lead or jacketed.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Allen917
Originally Posted by dla

Complete Bullshit.

Glocks Warranty states this:
Limitations of Warranty

The warranty will be void if any of the following occur:
1.The instructions in the Instructions for Use manual are not followed;
2.Your GLOCK pistol or any of its parts are altered or modified from their original sate;
3.Damage is caused by misuse, abuse or improper maintenance;
4.Your GLOCK pistol is disassembled beyond the instruction in Chapter 9 of the Instructions for Use manual; or
5.Reloaded, remanufactured, or handloaded ammunition, or ammunition of a different caliber than your GLOCK pistol is used.

Actually as far as I know, all manufactures have the same disclaimer about Reloaded ammunition, doesn't matter if it is lead or jacketed.

Exactly. Glock doesn't void your warranty for shooting Buffalo Bore, Double Tap, HSM, etc. Hardcast loads.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I have taken 3 guns to glock in Smyrna, no one asked me a single question but in each case looked at the weapon, replaced an ejector in one (don't know how they did it), put a minus trigger spring in an older g43, and told me on the last one that I just could not shoot and the gun was fine, I think it was a gen2 19 iirc. Now on the other hand, I saw an article where Underwood payed to replace the frame on a G20 that was blown up by one of their lehigh bullet loads, this was a KKM barrel kaboom.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been loading the Montana Bullet Works 200gr NOE gas check bullet in 401 size, very successfully, using blue dot. Shot from a Glock 20 and 29 wiht OEM barrels.

Regards,

Tom
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
jimmyp - cast bullets need to be at least .001" larger than the .400" groove diameter, .002" larger is better. I'd choose .402" out of those options, AA9 powder, and a CCI or Fed LP primer. Also relevant to the bullet diameter - don't crimp much, if at all. Just enough "crimp" to remove the case flare is all you need.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
H
Originally Posted by Yondering
jimmyp - cast bullets need to be at least .001" larger than the .400" groove diameter, .002" larger is better. I'd choose .402" out of those options, AA9 powder, and a CCI or Fed LP primer. Also relevant to the bullet diameter - don't crimp much, if at all. Just enough "crimp" to remove the case flare is all you need.

Exactly bigger is definately better.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
204 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 19 invisible), 1,534 guests, and 875 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.