Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
There is no reason Americans should be paying for 9/11 damage. Sue the [bleep] Saudis if you need some cash.

Sam......

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I live in the NC mountains, but, my neighbor had an apartment in New York in 2001. I was interested in being a volunteer to help clean up after the towers collapsed. New York was calling for volunteers. The New York officials, Guiliani and them, were saying that the area was non toxic. It was safe to work in that zone. I looked at the videos of that huge pile of trash, you know there was probably asbestos, and all kind of toxic crap for you to breathe if you were working there.

I thought it would be pretty cool to go hang out in Manhattan for a couple of months, I had a free place to stay, and help in the clean up. But I smelled a rat and decided not go to. Thank God I took a pass on that adventure.

This pretty much covers it.

It was a bad time. We, collectively through our elected representatives, told them it was safe and asked for help. It wasn't, they got sick, so now we need to help those who helped during this terrible event.

It's a very bad idea to not to, because next time, after the next terrorist attack, you might not get any volunteers.....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Mike_S
An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services, shall take the following oath: “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” This section does not affect other oaths required by law.

(Pub. L. 89–554, Sept. 6, 1966, 80 Stat. 424.)

I believe the events of 9/11 fall under defending the Constitution. Since the Constitution covers all Americans perhaps all Americans should pay.
Flame on.

So why are we paying families of clerical workers, hedge fund managers, stock brokers, diamond merchants, importers, insurance agencies.......?

There's nothing in the Oath that implies vast payments to those oath takers. If those jobs there are like they are here, there's a long line of good men and women trying to get the jobs. I'm damned glad they are there, and I'm glad they have protections. I'm sure we all are.

What the hell...welfare for everyone, cradle to grave, and government needs to give ALL of us enough to live on.

Well those people were killed as a result of a terrorist attack directed against THIS COUNTRY, not their particular employer etc, so who else would pay? Many insurance policies have exclusions regarding acts of terror.

I dont consider being compensated because a loved one of yours was killed in a terror attack as the same as welfare. Alot worse things my tax dollars are used for!

As an aside this is a touchy subject for me as a former career firefighter(forced out by non job related medical issue) and currently an active volunteer firefighter/emt and fire service instructor, who personally knew several FDNY members killed that day and since then from medical conditions linked to the aftermath.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So just how many of them that were actually at ground zero or worked around it are going to be alive 89 years after to make a claim?
My point is Mesothelioma claims are limited to 6 years in most circumstances. My thinking is the symptoms are going to show up long before 89 years. I mean damn a new born on that day in that area could claim their cancer that developed at 87 years of age was due to 911.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

"Many insurance policies have exclusions regarding acts of terror."

Good Point!

"Well those people were killed as a result of a terrorist attack directed against THIS COUNTRY, not their particular employer etc, so who else would pay? "

What does that have to do with murder? This was mass murder, granted, but how does it differ from one young lady being killed by a Muzzie Uber driver? Do we compensate victims of all Muslim carried out hate crimes? WHY should we pay? Not one of us here guaranteed any of them a life free of harm.

The MSM has taught you well.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
'IF' the people affected by the tragedy get the funds and get help...i don't mind if not then i am out.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Why should I, my family, or all other Americans pay for what happened to people and their families that day? It's total BS that we need to fork over billions to them.

“Oh…you have no decency for human kindness.”

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It is hard to believe that folks in the Florida panhandle, or the Tornado and flood ravaged areas, who have no homes, or towns , would like their tax money to go to New York for folks who have union and insurance benefits.
There was many millions raised for those folks, and not much for the others!

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
The 9/11 tragedy was enormous by tragedy standards and easy for the media, politicians and celebrities to get a lot of attention from supporting it.
The simple fact is that bad things happen to good people and the vast majority are not compensated anywhere near what has been done for the 9/11 victims.
According to USA TODAY on the most dangerous jobs, Firefighters are 24th, Police are 18th, Construction workers 12th, Power-line workers 10th,
Farmers & Ranchers 8th, Truck drivers 7th, Steel workers 6th, Roofers 4th, Pilots 3rd, Loggers 2nd and the Fishing industry 1st.
So, are Firefighters and Police more important than the people that build houses, put food on your tables and deliver goods to the stores, etc?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More socialst bull crap. That is all.

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
There's a goFund me for every tragedy now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I live in the NC mountains, but, my neighbor had an apartment in New York in 2001. I was interested in being a volunteer to help clean up after the towers collapsed. New York was calling for volunteers. The New York officials, Guiliani and them, were saying that the area was non toxic. It was safe to work in that zone. I looked at the videos of that huge pile of trash, you know there was probably asbestos, and all kind of toxic crap for you to breathe if you were working there.

I thought it would be pretty cool to go hang out in Manhattan for a couple of months, I had a free place to stay, and help in the clean up. But I smelled a rat and decided not go to. Thank God I took a pass on that adventure.

This pretty much covers it.

It was a bad time. We, collectively through our elected representatives, told them it was safe and asked for help. It wasn't, they got sick, so now we need to help those who helped during this terrible event.

It's a very bad idea to not to, because next time, after the next terrorist attack, you might not get any volunteers.....

.gov officials lying to American citizens? Say it ain't so!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The right is moving left, as witnessed here.

See it every day on the campfire.

LOL
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 58 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,112
Posts18,464,437
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.