Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by slumlord
All that and the fugger RIGHT DEFUQ on the road.

Jesus also said, never build within beer bottle range of the white line.

Which Bible version did you find this gem in?
the mormon bible

they make it up as they go along

Kind of like playing Monopoly with grandma.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gregintenn
All that and the fugger RIGHT DEFUQ on the road.

Jesus also said, never build within beer bottle range of the white line.

Which Bible version did you find this gem in?
the mormon bible

they make it up as they go along

Kind of like playing Monopoly with grandma.

Makes sense.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Due north of that up in Mont. Co. VA septic systems have to be 'engineered', been this way for near 20 years now.
We were one of the last 'lucky' ones and have a system[designed by county health dept] that cost a whopping $2K to install in 99.
Systems in the county now run $20K at a minimum with most running $30K+

FJB & FJT
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It’s good that you live on top of the mountain, your cshit will flow down to him eventually.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Looks like ya had enough help !

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I worked for a GC that built a mini storage complex that was across a creek from the big city sewage treatment plant. You could literally throw a rock across the creek to the treatment plant. But, there was no line within many thousand feet. There was the bathroom in the office, one in the apartment for the keepers of the mini storage and a restroom at the back of one of the buildings. They spent $50,000 putting in a "drip" septic system. First of its kind in the state. Took six months to get approval. Would store the stuff in a 1500 gallon tank and then run it out through drip lines through the woods.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
When we bought our retirement property we were blessed by two pristine creeks from different directions converging on our place. One of them went into the woods and we were of the mistaken opinion that it would always be clean and nice. And it was until the neighbors from hell bought a tiny spot upstream and built a two story house on it with nowhere to put a septic system. They buried a septic tank and proceed to build an outbuilding on top of what was supposed to be a leach field. A REALLY small leach field. Now the creek is nasty with sewage. Easy to tell when they do laundry because of the soap suds floating by. Water is so filthy I will not let me dogs in the creek anymore. Welcome to America.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cuznguido
When we bought our retirement property we were blessed by two pristine creeks from different directions converging on our place. One of them went into the woods and we were of the mistaken opinion that it would always be clean and nice. And it was until the neighbors from hell bought a tiny spot upstream and built a two story house on it with nowhere to put a septic system. They buried a septic tank and proceed to build an outbuilding on top of what was supposed to be a leach field. A REALLY small leach field. Now the creek is nasty with sewage. Easy to tell when they do laundry because of the soap suds floating by. Water is so filthy I will not let me dogs in the creek anymore. Welcome to America.
call your state's office of groundwater protection. More so if that is a USGS blue line stream, they should rip them a new one. Either an order and permit to repair or a condemnation order.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by cuznguido
call your state's office of groundwater protection. More so if that is a USGS blue line stream, they should rip them a new one. Either an order and permit to repair or a condemnation order.

First hand experience?

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I have a friend who grew up in NC and inherited some land from his Grandma. He plans on moving back to NC and building a home on this property when he retires. He told me that when he was a kid his Grandma had her outhouse built out over the creek near her house. That was back in the days that most people (and scientists) believed that water purifies itself when it flowed a certain distance over gravel/rock/sand. They also believed that poisons (insecticides/fertilizer) would purify itself when it passed through the ground before it reached the ground water.

Last edited by victoro; 07/23/19.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I should get into the septic business a little more. That is one area where capitalism doesn't work in this country. A little help from an honest contractor would cut the cost of many of these septic systems in half and they would be way more trouble-free.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

727 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 71 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.