Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I fletched some new ones and re-fletched some old ones and prepared a few 150 grain pointy things to fling at elk in Idaho in Sept. and whitetail in WI in Sept. and Whitetails in Indiana and WI in Oct. and Whitetails in Ohio and WI in Nov and Whitetails in WI in Dec and some sort of antlered or horned critter in Texas in Dec.

and I got the first 18 cams up on one of my WI leases. More to put out on other lands.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I dont know if its ever been mentioned here but back in 2012 I got a citation for feeding deer. Talk amongst yourselves. wink grin

Now, I can make montana reply at my bidding. I can make him pretend I got a citation for baiting instead of the feeding citation i actually got. wait for it. (you wont have to wait long)

3....................2.................1 start whining. hahaha grin Thanks for letting me live rent free between your ears 24/7/365

Last edited by sharp_things; 07/23/19.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by sharp_things

and I got the first 18 cams up on one of my WI leases. More to put out on other lands.

I dont know if its ever been mentioned here but back in 2012 I got a citation for feeding deer. Talk amongst yourselves. wink grin

Here I will fix it for you poacher!

More illegal bait to put out on other lands!

I know it has been mentioned here but I got busted for baiting deer illegally.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
nice arrows ! you did a nice job on those arrows !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I think MontanaCreek is living in your mind rent free not the other way around.

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Anything a hunter places out to attract deer to his advantage in seeing and harvesting deer is a bait. End of story. Done deal, the fat lady has sung. Its not debatable. It’s a self evident truth. Some will want to disagree but they will be wrong. They will want to protest but they will be just as wrong. There is universal knowledge and there is state law. While most states dont consider it baiting (because the reserved that term for food, or feeding) that does not mean in the bowhunting world that it is not completely understood to be a bait. Next question please.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ElmerFudd
Anything a hunter places out to attract deer to his advantage in seeing and harvesting deer is a bait. End of story. Done deal, the fat lady has sung. Its not debatable. It’s a self evident truth. Some will want to disagree but they will be wrong. They will want to protest but they will be just as wrong. There is universal knowledge and there is state law. While most states dont consider it baiting (because the reserved that term for food, or feeding) that does not mean in the bowhunting world that it is not completely understood to be a bait. Next question please.

so now even deer pee is wrong ? WTF

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Originally Posted by pete53

so now even deer pee is wrong ? WTF

Might want to check with the OP wink

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Elmerfudd joined here as a fan of mine. His only 3 posts have been about me hoping to get my attention. I see ya lil fella, you can stop waving your arms. One just can't buy that sort of fanboyism and loyalty. I can send you a signed 8 x 10 glossy for your shrine to me if you like. But its good to know I own you emotions. hahahahahahah. Its cute to watch you try so hard to get my attention. Very flattering. Thanks for that. wink

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Funny stuff. Typical. Good substance. Attack the messenger when a Universal Truth is presented and you have nothing else to clutch at.

Last edited by ElmerFudd; 07/31/19.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It’s time to start practicing, two months until our season starts!

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I switched out the light weight aluminum adapters for steel. Ive boosted the weight of my broadheads to 230 grains. Lookout, ID, WI, IN, OH and TX critters. wink

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by sharp_things
I switched out the light weight aluminum adapters for steel. Ive boosted the weight of my broadheads to 230 grains. Lookout, ID, WI, IN, OH and TX critters. wink

The Poacher is on his way. I got a tip for you, Turn In Poachers!!!!!!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
And the apple of choice is.........................................??

OH wait, maybe it was corn? I don't recall............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
MCH don't worry about that dipchit. he still crapps in his pull ups .

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Sure! its only 9 days until I depart for my Idaho Elk bowhunt so why not change my mind on the arrows I plan to use and start a totally new arrow build that is stiffer ( to tame these 250 grain broadheads) and is 40 grains heavier. No worries. ;-)

My prior build was a GT hunter XT 400 spine but Im seeing a little whip with the 250 grain heads so Im going stiffer to a 300 spine after trying a few. Total arrow weight will be 540 grains. Time to start building.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

edit.

I finished the first dozen of the new arrow build today and also finished sharpening the first dozen of my 230 grain woodsman heads. I use flat diamond plates in grits of 400,600,800,1200, 2500 and them lap them on ceramic plates to a mirror finish of razor sharpness. I mounted them on steel adapters and spun all to be true. No, Woodsman heads are not gold. They come black but we get to customize things to our whims.

9 days until I depart for the elk hunt. Here is a 30 second video of pointy thing goodness. These will travel with me from Idaho to Wisconsin, to Indiana to Ohio and Texas.

Last edited by sharp_things; 08/22/19.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
End of story. Done deal, the fat lady has sung.

Or in this case, the fat man.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
those arrows and broadheads look great ! hope you have a great fall hunting and be safe ! Pete53

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

I’ll be ‘hunting’ with a Sony Digital Still camera during PA’s archery season. Must be getting soft in old age as I actually feel sorry for the deer.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
those arrows and broadheads look great ! hope you have a great fall hunting and be safe ! Pete53

You two should get a room......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Tom264

You two should get a room......

I am pretty sure they are married and live together.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,618
Posts18,454,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.