Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
SU35 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
What is a good after market AR trigger that won't break the bank?

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by SU35

When reliability and durability are factored- Larue MBT.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by SU35

Yep. Agree completely .

S
SU35 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Thank you very much!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LaRue MBT is good. Good price and easy install. Makes going bang a pleasant experience. It is all I need for a fighting rifle!

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm switching out a few Geissele G2S's if one of those would interest you for $100 the LaRue is a good trigger too but I'm going to single stage Geissele's.

PM me if interested.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
LaRue

/thread

Buy their little action block, and install the trigger and a mil-spec grip and break it in watching tv

MBT-2S

Trigger Action Chassis

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I really like the LaRue mb2.

The more i use this rifle the more i like it.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The MBT2S is a great trigger. I ended up giving mine to 79s here. I use RRA 2 stage varmint match triggers in most of my rifles. I also have a Geiselle SSAE and have used the Geissele G2s and Armalite national match trigger. The one i keep going back to is the RRA when its on sale for about $79.00... The 1 downfall to these triggers is they always seem to be a bit gritty on the first stage. It doesnt take much to clean them up though.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
How do you clean up the RRA to get rid of the "grit." Got instructions?

IC B3

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have not noticed any issues with the first stage of any RRA two stage trigger and I have a half dozen, I do prefer the varmint model.

A more expensive trigger won't cut my groups by any significant about so I have not bothered with anything other than the RRA.

Dave

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I installed a Geissele single stage trigger in my nephew's AR back in 2017. He loves it. I shot the rifle with the new trigger, and I thought it was as good as one of my bolt guns' triggers.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
How do you clean up the RRA to get rid of the "grit." Got instructions?

Half the time a couple hundred rounds cleans em up. If not, stone, lightly, the engagement surfaces, LIGHTLY to shine them up. Don't change any angle, don't go to deep, just kind of polish the surface if you will. Beyond that replace the rivet in the disconnector with something? I already forget what we did there sometimes, and work on the springs a bit for first stage weight. Beyond that it got to be a bit if sear engagement if there was creep, but I won't touch sear engagement unless quite a few rounds have been fired first. And then I don't tell how I do it, if you don't know, its best to leave it to someone else honestly. You have to be REALLY careful. Of course if I can figure it out, I always think its not rocket science at the minimum.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My hunting AR10 wears a RRA varmint and I think it is great for the money. I've not noticed any creep. I prefer two-stage triggers on autos.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by JPro
My hunting AR10 wears a RRA varmint and I think it is great for the money. I've not noticed any creep. I prefer two-stage triggers on autos.

I have these also, I like them

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
On the RR NM, replace the rivet with a SS pin that is just short enough to go between the inside of the lower. This way it can't fall out like some of the older ones did. It's a good trigger, I ran several of them over the years.

For a 2 stage I'll take an S7 tool steel LaRue any day over the MIM RR. At $87 it's hard to beat.

Last edited by TWR; 07/25/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't trash a RR for a LaRue, but I'm putting LaRue's in new lowers.

I've put 10s of thousands of rounds and dry fire cycles through RRs. They are good.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I wouldn't trash a RR for a LaRue, but I'm putting LaRue's in new lowers.

I've put 10s of thousands of rounds and dry fire cycles through RRs. They are good.

Yeah, I don't know if I'd ever wear out any of my RRA's, and I shoot a lot. Someone asked what I meant by fine tuning the RRA's. I'm picky when It comes to triggers. If I don't like them, I'll pull them and get something better. I notice when the trigger isn't super smooth and clean. Some guys don't shoot enough to even pick up on that kind of chit and that is probably good for them. I basically do exactly what rost does. Just a little polishing on the sear engagement areas. That's all thats ever needed. I don't change angles or remove material. No need to on a good trigger. And the RRA varmint match that is on sale most times for $79.00 is a great deal. Like I said, I had a MBT2S. It is a very nice trigger, but when someone says I prefer it over something else because it's made out of tool steel blah blah blah, more power to them. It's very likely they would never wear out a RRA either. I was actually using my Geiselle SSA-E last night and I don't notice much difference between it and my fine tuned varmint match triggers. I will say I've had other triggers that I really didn't care for, that included the CMC, bcm, and other mil specs that were garbage, like the ones they put in most factory guns...

For the guys wanting a great trigger, it looks like the MBT-2s went down in price. Now $80.00:
Larue tactical MBT-2S trigger $80.00

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RDW
I have not noticed any issues with the first stage of any RRA two stage trigger and I have a half dozen, I do prefer the varmint model.

A more expensive trigger won't cut my groups by any significant about so I have not bothered with anything other than the RRA.

I've tried and owned more expensive triggers and you are absolutely correct..

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
RR has gotten better for the most part but I had one that the rivet came loose. Looked around and ADCO was fixing them withe the captured pin, that's where that idea came from.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,901
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.