-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Double Muskie coconut salmon is a really good way to take salmon in a different direction.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
My wife makes a side sauce we like with salmon. She just dices up cucumber and fresh dill, mixes it with sour cream, then salt and pepper to taste. My kids would eat it by the spoonful.

I do the same, but add a little minced garlic and lemon juice.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Salt, pepper, garlic salt, a little teryaki sauce, parsley flakes.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Judman
Sometimes I like salmon with just some salt and pepper, but I eat so much salmon over the year I have to try out different ways to eat it. Gonna have to get some of that stuff at costco. Chili lime rub is real good on salmon also when I'm making fish tacos with it.

Us too, I think you’ll like this stuff.. brown sugar/ butter is always a favorite when I have folks over too

Well you damn prick, I hate to admit it but you've done it! Haha! That is some damn good stuff! Put it on the coho from yesterday and it was killer. Momma cooked up some kale, made some caprese salad, and some cucumber dill sauce to go with it. I told her she better go back to costco and buy another jar before they sell outta the schitt! Haha!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Kale? Seriously?
smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ironbender
Kale? Seriously?
smile

Heck yeah! Cooked in the cast iron with a bit of olive oil, garlic, and S&P. Sometimes with some carrots added in there too. I love the stuff!

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Sometimes I like salmon with just some salt and pepper, but I eat so much salmon over the year I have to try out different ways to eat it. Gonna have to get some of that stuff at costco. Chili lime rub is real good on salmon also when I'm making fish tacos with it.

Us too, I think you’ll like this stuff.. brown sugar/ butter is always a favorite when I have folks over too

Well you damn prick, I hate to admit it but you've done it! Haha! That is some damn good stuff! Put it on the coho from yesterday and it was killer. Momma cooked up some kale, made some caprese salad, and some cucumber dill sauce to go with it. I told her she better go back to costco and buy another jar before they sell outta the schitt! Haha!

[Linked Image]

Haha good shiit ain't it?? I told the commander the same thing, grab another jar!!! Laffin

+1 on the kale too

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

Haha good shiit ain't it?? I told the commander the same thing, grab another jar!!! Laffin

+1 on the kale too

The cucumber, dill, and sour cream on the side really complimented the sweetness of the rub. Damn good! I bet it'd be good on pork too, the rub that is!

Last edited by Ptarmigan; 07/23/19.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Mustard is a very different way to go, but on salmon it can be a tasty side sauce. Mix together one part yellow table mustard, one part whole grain mustard, and one part dijon mustard. Add more dijon if you want it a touch sweeter. It is surprisingly good with salmon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by auk1124
Mustard is a very different way to go, but on salmon it can be a tasty side sauce. Mix together one part yellow table mustard, one part whole grain mustard, and one part dijon mustard. Add more dijon if you want it a touch sweeter. It is surprisingly good with salmon.

You are very right on the mustard. The Double Muskie "plum sauce" served with their coconut salmon is basically grey poupon and grape jelly. and it does not suck.

IC B3

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

[Linked Image]

+1 on the kale too

The cucumber, dill, and sour cream on the side really complimented the sweetness of the rub. Damn good! I bet it'd be good on pork too, the rub that is!

What’s the ratio on the dill, cucumber sc?

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know how those recipes go, just keep adding it until it tastes the way you want it. Never really measure that one out.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
👍🤙

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Costco (or homemade) tzatziki sauce is damn good on salmon too. Pretty much just cucumber, dill, Greek yogurt, lemon, garlic, salt etc...I've substituted sour cream in a pinch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know you guys like salmon but i can’t stand it!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Round two tonight, this time with some sockeye, just to make sure it wasn’t a fluke. Nope, it wasn’t. It’s kinda like crack! Haha!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
We use Paul Prudhomme's Salmon Magic. He knew his stuff. Magnificent on a cedar plank!

[Linked Image]

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Costco (or homemade) tzatziki sauce is damn good on salmon too. Pretty much just cucumber, dill, Greek yogurt, lemon, garlic, salt etc...I've substituted sour cream in a pinch.

I love the stuff. Make a big batch when I roast a lamb leg in the summer. It’s killer on roast pork too.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
there are as many ways to pre-season, marinade, rub and pamper as there are anadromous fish in the sea

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Good stuff !!!
Been using it on salmon trout over 5 years

I’ve tried, picked up at Costco Monday, think it would work well on chicken and pork too.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Trying it out on some kodiak sockeye now

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,297
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.