Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The man in the video lost me when he demonstrated that he misunderstood the Cambrian Explosion as it is propounded by the relevant fields of science, and furthermore suggested that his understanding (misunderstanding) of it was a central basis for his conclusions (i.e., it was this misunderstanding to which he applied his math). Once that was established, I had no need to listen further. What would be the point? Garbage in, garbage out.

Well, if you listened further, you would have learned that the math speaks to all of time. just sayin.

You need to review your elementary math.

I doubt it. just sayin. Have you any idea what it means to have a number on the order of the 70th power? It makes Avagadro's constant look like a numerical fly speck.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Perhaps where we diverge is that I believe we are not only constrained by our physical existence, but also our reasoning.

Never really thought about it, since we are constrained by a physical existence the point seems moot. We do kinda qualify for the short bus as we've been working on it since at least 500 BC and you see how far we've gotten. And I don't think we can prove God to an ontological certainty anyway as it would mess up free will and so the I-thou relationship which is at the core of Western thought. To that extent I think God has made himself unknowable.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by DBT
Evolution is a fact. Theory relates to the means and mechanisms by which it happens.

A "fact" like any other lying lieberal "fact". A fact that is a lie.

It's the quality and abundance of evidence, information that anyone can examine, that makes something a fact.

The problem is not that there is insufficient evidence/information to establish evolution as being a fact, there is.....but that there are folks who are unwilling to consider the evidence because they, themselves prefer magical answers, special creation through an act of magic over research and careful examination of the evidence.....in other words, a bias in favour of their preferred religion.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Evolution is a fact. Theory relates to the means and mechanisms by which it happens.

It's the quality and abundance of evidence, information that anyone can examine, that makes something a fact.

The problem is not that there is insufficient evidence/information to establish evolution as being a fact, there is.....but that there are folks who are unwilling to consider the evidence because they, themselves prefer magical answers, special creation through an act of magic over research and careful examination of the evidence.....in other words, a bias in favour of their preferred religion.

What evidence? Explain the mechanism by which life first appeared. Explain the mechanism by which viable mutations are caused. Not how they are selected, but by what mechanism they are caused.

Until you are able to explain how something happened, all of the “evidence” can be taken any way you want it.

It isn’t the proponents of intelligent design who are afraid to consider alternative explanations. It is the Darwinian evolutionists. You rule out the possible influence of an intelligent mind on evolution simply because you refuse to countenance the possibility that such an intelligence could even exist.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/24/19.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

This reminds me of those can't understand how you could disagree with obama. Sooooo, if you do you must be a racist. They would do well to speak to the issues, too.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What a [bleep] stupid question.You must have never read anything on the topic.Go ask "The Donald".He will give you an educated answer :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Last edited by bh444; 07/24/19.

Sorry,I drank the Sako-Aid.My opinion may be biased.
bh444
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Why would the (not "a") creator need creating?

Seems reasonable to believe a creator needs to be created and that he did not just "poof" exist. Perhaps this is where faith comes in. But this is not fairy land and I can not think of any animals that just "poof" were here. Can you?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Why would the (not "a") creator need creating?

Seems reasonable to believe a creator needs to be created and that he did not just "poof" exist. Perhaps this is where faith comes in. But this is not fairy land and I can not think of any animals that just "poof" were here. Can you?

No one can think of animals that went poof and got created. Those evolved into something else.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

What evidence? Explain the mechanism by which life first appeared. Explain the mechanism by which viable mutations are caused. Not how they are selected, but by what mechanism they are caused.

Until you are able to explain how something happened, all of the “evidence” can be taken any way you want it.

It isn’t the proponents of intelligent design who are afraid to consider alternative explanations. It is the Darwinian evolutionists. You rule out the possible influence of an intelligent mind on evolution simply because you refuse to countenance the possibility that such an intelligence could even exist.

First off, you are conflating evidence for evolution with evidence for biogenesis/angiogenesis, which are different issues. The issue of how life began, a work in progress, does not mean that evolution itself has not been established.

The evidence that supports evolution is readily available.

Last edited by DBT; 07/24/19.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

First off, you are conflating evidence for evolution with evidence for biogenesis/angiogenesis, which are different issues. The issue of how life began, a work in progress, does not mean that evolution itself has not been established.

The evidence that supports evolution is readily available.

Tell me the mechanism by which all explanations other than Darwinian Evolution are precluded by the evidence. Until you can do that, you’re JMSU. If you can’t explain the process in detail, then you can’t preclude other explanations.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/24/19.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Marley,

Then you have problems with an infinite number of creators. When you encounter infinity you generally have a problem, in many contexts infinity is irrational. Here's a more complete explanation I lifted:

"If there were not at least one uncaused reality in “the whole of reality,” then “the whole of reality” would be constituted by only caused realities – that is, realities that require a cause to exist.

This means that the whole of reality would have to have a real cause beyond itself in order to exist (without such a cause, the whole of reality would not exist – there would be nothing in existence).

This state of affairs is intrinsically contradictory. How can there be a real cause beyond the whole of reality, if “the whole of reality” exhausts everything that is real? Obviously there can’t be such a cause.

Since “a real cause beyond the whole of reality” is intrinsically contradictory and since the whole of reality is not nothing (i.e. something does in fact exist), we must conclude that the whole of reality cannot be constituted only by caused realities (which would collectively require a cause for their existence).

Therefore, there must be at least one uncaused reality in the whole of reality. This uncaused reality must exist through itself."

And if you carry this on you find that logically there can be only one uncaused reality.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It looks like I'll have to accept that some folks have had their heart hardened. Perhaps someday.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh yeah, almost forgot.
...and that he did not just "poof" exist.

That assume that the creator is subject to the constraints of time. Time as we understand it is a physical fact of the universe as we see it. Since the creator created the universe and hence the idea of time he cannot be constrained by time. So always existed is rational.

Which explains a lot.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=RickyD][quote=DBT]Evolution is a fact. Theory relates to the means and mechanisms by which it happens.

Tell me the mechanism by which all explanations other than Darwinian Evolution are precluded by the evidence. Until you can do that, you’re JMSU. If you can’t explain the process in detail, then you can’t preclude other explanations.

You can speculate as much as you like, super aliens created life, Brahman, Allah, Odin, Zeus....however none of these things actually offer an evidence based explanation or a solution.

As it stands, the evidence shows that organisms can and do evolve in response to environment conditions, genetic diversity, etc, or go extinct if change is too rapid.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It looks like I'll have to accept that some folks have had their heart hardened. Perhaps someday.

Nothing to do heart hardening. Is your heart hardened against science?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I learned in 9th grade biology class, while debating such things, there's no valid argument to counter, "Because it says so in the Bible." smile

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If every living organism comes from a single cell that decided to split and become more complex over the millennia and the diversity that we all share on earth is a result of that evolution, show me the DNA that links humans to a weed, spider or any other organism...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Oh yeah, almost forgot.
...and that he did not just "poof" exist.

That assume that the creator is subject to the constraints of time. Time as we understand it is a physical fact of the universe as we see it. Since the creator created the universe and hence the idea of time he cannot be constrained by time. So always existed is rational.

That is not rational. If it exists it is subject to time as he created it.

He created man and women in his image. They had reproductive organs as he did. So, he was created but instead of saying we do not know a whole new line of bullshit is offered up and church attendance goes down. For good reason, of course.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel

If every living organism comes from a single cell that decided to split and become more complex over the millennia and the diversity that we all share on earth is a result of that evolution, show me the DNA that links humans to a weed, spider or any other organism...

Please refer to your biology books. Is Magic more likely? An invisible entity magically conjuring life, the Universe and everything out of nothing?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Here's a phylogenetic tree, all the way from bacteria to humans:

[Linked Image]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

212 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,132 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.